Marvel Heroes 20xx

Khane

Got something right about marriage
So I started playing my Daredevil since his level 52 review. He's at level 45 now and he's pretty fun once you get street sweeper and nunchuck beatdown. You want fast attack speed and good defense, just mash nunchuck beatdown for combo points and spam street sweeper. You don't want to wait for max combo points because street sweeper makes him invulnerable and untargettable so just spam it as fast as you get combo points to do good AE damage while taking minimal damage yourself. With enough life steal and dodge or defense I can see him being pretty good now.

For solo cosmic beatdown I suggest Ms. Marvel. She is a beast even with shit gear. All you need is your flight suit (which I found 3 of while levelling). She has so much damage mitigation and if you gear for crit she dishes out great damage as well. Even without crit she deals decent damage. I was able to solo MODOK cosmics from the second I hit 60 with her. I died a bit when I got greedy or uncareful but it's doable. Especially with her crazy ult.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
I might level up Nightcrawler for that purpose, he's supposed to be pretty badass for cosmics and I got him as a random.
I leveled NC to 60 and he's quite capable to solo cosmics, not to mention doing quests with a teleporter is awesome. NC's gameplay is more involved than storm or cyke and is more "fun" to play.

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They posted today cosmics not counting for LQ's will be fixed soon. I've done a few cosmics (doc oc, pyro/magneto) on a fresh 60 hulk. It's definitely not real fast on him solo, but my only deaths were to pyro. I had a fresh 60 Nightcrawler friend wearing some gear that was still in the 40's join me for magneto and it was a lot faster duo even with his subpar gear.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know how to (or if you can) move a steam game over to a different drive destination? I was reading that MH will preform much better on a SSD, and I didn't have the room before to install it there.
Just download the standalone MH and use the same account over there. I bought mine through steam and never played a minute with that version.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Someone didn't like me roleplaying as Hulk:

rrr_img_61264.jpg

rrr_img_61265.jpg

Khane

So when you do cosmics and get the bounty chests you can switch characters before you open them and it will drop gear for the character you switched to instead, I'm guessing if I had a + rare item find set on it would increase rarity drops as well? Anyone know the answer to that?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I would assume so, not that rare find does fuck all. Been running around with 500% for a few sessions and haven't found jack shit.

Khane

I was reading the forums and this post from July of 2013 came up:

you will get 3 of the 5 starter heroes for free. the one you chose at the start, one for finishing the tutorial, and one for finishing story mode.
Is this still true? I never finished story mode past heroic on any characters and never did the tutorial so wondering if I can still do this to get 2 more free characters?

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
I have not gotten any free. I started last Thursday and raised Captain America to 49. Finished normal tutorial and story mode plus Asgard. So for me at least it is not true.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
I was reading the forums and this post from July of 2013 came up:

Is this still true? I never finished story mode past heroic on any characters and never did the tutorial so wondering if I can still do this to get 2 more free characters?
Got changed in the etenity shard patch. you used to get a random drop hero after green goblin on the raft and after doom. now you get 100 (or something) eternity shards after them instead.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Speaking of splinters, I spent my first 175 on a new random hero and got Loki. I guess he's good from what I've read, but when I'm already playing Storm I have to wonder if there's much point in leveling him other than for the bonuses I can give her. People say that Storm's ultimate is so ridiculously good that you should level it up so I'm wondering if I should be using splinters on that instead of other heroes. Does seem like a bit of a gamble to use them on her ultimate before the level 52 review happens though.

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
I'm in the same boat. I spent 400 splinters upgrading storms ult, but I have a feeling the nerf bat cometh. I think I'm going to stick with saving up splinters for random heroes, with only 10 or so heroes it's not much of a gamble (although I did get one dupe so far). Even with a duplicate hero roll, it's still an upgrade to their ultimate and it's 25 splinters cheaper...although it may not be my main character but I'll eventually get all my heroes to 60 and I'm sure we'll see some more tuning and maybe I'll revisit ones I don't play usually.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
storm will be getting her review in a couple months. the timeline is a little off now so noones sure when but a nerf is coming.

Khane

I would assume so, not that rare find does fuck all. Been running around with 500% for a few sessions and haven't found jack shit.
How did you get it that high? You can get 30% from gear, 25% from core, 7% from uru enchant, 200% from 5 bars, 50% from boost but that's only 307%, did you have iridiums too?

RipNRage_sl

shitlord
I noticed the same thing with buffs, I had upwards to 350ish and ran all xdef to get the increased server side buffs from going up in waves and got jack. Either after they dropped or the next day I ran xdef and got 2 uniques in one run with like 35%. I understand RNG is RNG but the only thing I notice with buffs are less whites dropping, more purple drops.

Started a new toon yesterday and started xdef to lvl up to 20, got tons of runes and a couple cosmics with shit SIF/RIF...who F'in knows lol

@Khane There's rare find synergies and some runes that give some RIF/SIF I think, that and a toon like RR has a RIF passive plus his gear rolls with RIF.