Marvel Universe stuff

Sevens

Log Wizard
Not entirely true. Everything is up for haggling, essentially. Otherwise you wouldn't have Spider-Man references, and Michael Keaton, in Morbius. Even if Sony owns the Vulture character, they don't own the MCU version of it, so you can be sure Disney would have had their lawyers shit all over Sony if there weren't already an agreement to allow intermingling like that. There's nothing saying they couldn't come to an agreement for Spiderwoman that allows use of other MCU characters. The way things *look* to be headed, it seems they are both realizing the benefits of sharing, so by the time any Olivia Wilde-directed movie gets made, she might have access to all kinds of characters they didn't have for something like Venom. Particularly if Disney wants to use someone from the Spiderverse in some of their movies.
James Gunn also stated that he was only allowed to use Ego because Fox and Disney worked out a deal where they could change a few of Negasonic's powers in exchange for the use of Ego. Nice to see that they could work together to make a better movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks like Hemsworth plans on sticking around after Thor 4.

Hemsworth has previously spoken about dissatisfaction with his role until Waititi came along with “Thor: Ragnarok” and reinvigorated the franchise and character. As part of an interview with Elle Man, Hemsworth quickly denied rumors of his retirement:

“Are you crazy?! I’m not going into any retirement period (laughs). Thor is way too young for that. I’m only 1500 years old! It [Love and Thunder] is definitely not a film that I say goodbye to this brand. At least I hope so.
I’m glad that after all that happened in Avengers: Endgame, I’m still part of the Marvel Universe and we can continue the story of Thor. Of course, I can’t tell you anything about the plot, but to satisfy your curiosity, I’ll say that I had a lot more fun reading the script than on Thor Ragnarok, and that proves something.”

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Looks like Hemsworth plans on sticking around after Thor 4.

Hemsworth has previously spoken about dissatisfaction with his role until Waititi came along with “Thor: Ragnarok” and reinvigorated the franchise and character. As part of an interview with Elle Man, Hemsworth quickly denied rumors of his retirement:
he needs to not be wearing that fat suit anymore in the next movie, cuz the chicks probably aint digging that.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Too fat to be Thor, so Jane takes over while he goes to weight watchers?
i dont think thats gonna fly too well. fat Thor was a joke for a few scenes, but now he's gonna do another movie like that? i think he's just gonna be absent out in space helping Starlord find his bedwench. and Jane fills in.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i dont think thats gonna fly too well. fat Thor was a joke for a few scenes, but now he's gonna do another movie like that? i think he's just gonna be absent out in space helping Starlord find his bedwench. and Jane fills in.
In the comics Nick Fury whispers something to Thor that makes him insecure and doubtful and "unworthy" to carry Mjolnir. What he whispers is "Gorr was right" which was Gorr' The God Butcher's belief that the Human world would have been better without the "Gods" interfering with them.

How they will do this in the movie is gonna have to be quite different. Cuz MCU Thor doesn't need Mjolnir and is already All-Father Thor.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Hollywood's new trend. Making sure they advertise every time they give someone who is non-white a job.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Of course the black guy is going to be the villain, and the 2 heroes are white. This is appalling, such a racist casting from Marvel...BLM.

• 1Garbage

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Of course the black guy is going to be the villain, and the 2 heroes are white. This is appalling, such a racist casting from Marvel...BLM.
Technically Kang is blue. So isn't getting a black guy to play him racist?

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

I know "dolla dolla bills ya'll" but Marvel isn't doing itself any favors by holding back what they have. The longer that this shit is out of the people's eyes the more will forget about it. Especially onsidering that every delay is a push back on their whole schedule.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I know "dolla dolla bills ya'll" but Marvel isn't doing itself any favors by holding back what they have. The longer that this shit is out of the people's eyes the more will forget about it. Especially onsidering that every delay is a push back on their whole schedule.
they waited too long already. BW should have been released at the latest in July. BW isnt supposed to be a showpiece, its just supposed to be a loose end filler and setup for the next showpiece. basically, Captain Marvel but with a character and actress that people actually like.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Looks good. I like the genre concept. Also Olsen in that old style SW outfit is:

giphy.gif