Marvel Universe stuff

Caliane

Superman could destroy the Earth any time he wanted.

Black bolts powers are not sound related really. They are basically atom/molecule manipulation, set to disintegrate all the time. He can't turn it off. City destroying is the norm. Hulk killing, planet destroying happens, but is atypical.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Yeah he can focus the particles in other ways, but his voice is definitely his most powerful weapon. He fought Thor and Hulk and barely came out on top, but on paper he should destroy anyone in the DC and Marvel universes.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like bullshit. Hulk would rip his head off and fuck his wife.

50 million world destroying characters in comic books and yet manage to be foiled month after month.

Caliane

Yeah he can focus the particles in other ways, but his voice is definitely his most powerful weapon. He fought Thor and Hulk and barely came out on top, but on paper he should destroy anyone in the DC and Marvel universes.
Nah. He doesn't even have superspeed. Any speedster, including WW and Superman could take him out before he could even think of it. Then people that could take the hit. Again, using those 2 examples. WW and Superman have both survived face tanking nukes.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Nah. He doesn't even have superspeed. Any speedster, including WW and Superman could take him out before he could even think of it. Then people that could take the hit. Again, using those 2 examples. WW and Superman have both survived face tanking nukes.
Black Bolt can travel much faster than the speed of sound.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm thinking Peter Parker is bitten by a radioactive spider vs all this hidden society terragen mists weird monarchy alien designed shit.
Peter Parker is one person. The Inhumans are an entire race with wildly varied powers. And it's really not that complicated. They were genetically engineered in the past and gain their powers through a chemical. Done.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The Inhumans started out in the same place that the Xmen and the Doom Patrol did, but the Xmen got flashy as fuck powers and characterizations, the Doom Patrol went completely mental and disturbing, and the Inhumans were sidetracked by their most famous members being a guy with a terrible outfit who whispers to level city blocks and a chick whose hair can be used as stretchy powers. There's no reason that the Inhumans couldn't have the same range of abilities as any other mutant/metagene super group with the added perk of having a secluded nation they call home.

Having the Inhuman DNA spread throughout the normal population and then expose people to the terrigan mists gives you Mutants without touching the Xmen IP, and if properly written Black Bolt can be a supreme badass taking on both the pseudo Xavier and Magneto roles in one person. (Respected leader with the ability to cause extreme devastation if you fuck with 'his people')

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
When I was a youngling, I really liked that bishop/cable/gambit apocalypse thing on the x-men cartoon. As a tweenager, I believe AoA came out, and that story was cool, too. I'm wondering if they'll use any of those story lines or do something more straight up? Anyone have super secret infos?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
When I was a youngling, I really liked that bishop/cable/gambit apocalypse thing on the x-men cartoon. As a tweenager, I believe AoA came out, and that story was cool, too. I'm wondering if they'll use any of those story lines or do something more straight up? Anyone have super secret infos?
Well Apocalypse is the bad guy of the next X-men movie.

Column_sl

shitlord
And Blink was in the last X men movie. Those movies are ass tho.. I'm sure Singer will even make Apocalypse a boring movie.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the newest xmen is finally out on the internets and it was pretty lame. Quicksilver had a pretty cool scene but other than that it was a movie of people touching their head and pointing at things. James McAvoy basically only actor that seemed to put in any effort too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Joaquin Phoenix In Final Negotiations To Play 'Doctor Strange'

It mentions Jack Huston was rumored to be in the running. I think he would have been pretty great.

Jack Huston-LAG-003046.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
Disney is pretty stupid to hire Joaquin Phoenix for a franchise spot. That dude is a flake.

Guess you could say the same thing about Robert, but he was just an addict. Phoenix is a fucking nut bag.

We did learn though through reports towards the end of the event that multiple Academy Award nominee Joaquin Phoenix was in talks with Marvel Studios for the lead role in Doctor Strange and heard nothing since.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Have to agree with Column, hiring Joaquin Phoenix for a recurring role is stupid as shit. The guy is going to up and decide he doesn't want to do it anymore one day out of the blue. Or he will make ridiculous demands and hold up production. He's so unreliable for that spot, and although he would make a good Dr. Strange, Benedict Cumberbatch or Jack Huston would be just as good.