Marvel's Daredevil

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
First episode already annoyed the shit out of me. Frank Castle doesn't shoot up hospitals, and he sure as hell doesn't use a shotgun around innocent people. Please tell me they stop fucking this up as the season goes on...

The rest of it was great, but goddamn.

Column_sl

shitlord
First episode already annoyed the shit out of me. Frank Castle doesn't shoot up hospitals, and he sure as hell doesn't use a shotgun around innocent people
And which Frank Castle are you referring to because there are many versions in Marvel comics, and he shoots up everything..

What an assine comment to make.

FYI he talks about the hospital later....

Vorph

There's only one Frank Castle.

51thrpEcqqL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Caliane

First episode already annoyed the shit out of me. Frank Castle doesn't shoot up hospitals, and he sure as hell doesn't use a shotgun around innocent people. Please tell me they stop fucking this up as the season goes on...

The rest of it was great, but goddamn.
I was more annoyed he beat Daredevil in a fist fight.. and more then once.

I have to disagree with Frank wouldn't endanger innocents. The problem is essentially a comic book trope. Like "Hulk never hurt anyone on any of his rampages". in a comic book world, you can say ridiculous things like that. But in a "real" world, Frank can't exist and not endanger anyone.

Column_sl

shitlord
Well this Daredevil, and Kingpin are severely under-powered compared to their comic book variants.

In the comics Frank fights with heroes all the time, but not hand to hand , and only if he has to.

I've seen him beat up Spider-man if he access to all his gear.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Well this Daredevil, and Kingpin are severely under-powered compared to their comic book variants.

In the comics Frank fights with heroes all the time, but not hand to hand , and only if he has to.

I've seen him beat up Spider-man if he access to all his gear.
Yeah Castle is still top tier human. He is good too, he's beaten Wolverine, Black Widow, Moon Knight, and a few others in hand to hand.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I have to disagree with Frank wouldn't endanger innocents. The problem is essentially a comic book trope. Like "Hulk never hurt anyone on any of his rampages". in a comic book world, you can say ridiculous things like that. But in a "real" world, Frank can't exist and not endanger anyone.
It's the standard "building up" of a character when they're first introduced.

They at least gave the excuses of needing to shoot Daredevil in the head the first time and Daredevil being deaf in the second fight.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Goddamn Jessica is still so hot. Literally reading a newspaper, and the loins be surging.

Siddar

Went to bed after they got to Elektra. Never really understood why people like that character was always just another spoiled rich girl that can fight cat women clone to me.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Went to bed after they got to Elektra. Never really understood why people like that character was always just another spoiled rich girl that can fight cat women clone to me.
Wtf are you talking about? Catwoman was not a spoiled rich girl and she's more of a thief than a fighter. Pretty retarded if you think Elektra is somehow a clone

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wtf are you talking about? Catwoman was not a spoiled rich girl and she's more of a thief than a fighter. Pretty retarded if you think Elektra is somehow a clone
I don't understand that either. Catwoman - street girl turned thief vs Elektra - Rich girl turned ninja assassin. The only thing they have in common is they are self-serving, neither true hero or villain, and they have banged their respective heroes.

Siddar

Yes even Catwomen has a better origin, she also gets credit for being the first. Also understand I have no idea what they did with Catwomen post 90s. She was always a spoiled rich girl who could fight even if that was after a non rich girl upbringing.

If you don't see the link between Catwomen and Batman and Daredevil and Elektra I don't know what to say because you're both clearly more blind than Daredevil.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Catwoman before the 90s wasn't a spoiled rich girl, either. She was like a stewardess before in one version and then a prostitute in a later version.

Like Harshaw said they both are morally ambiguous and have banged the hero at some point, but outside of that they're completely different.

Siddar

Catwoman before the 90s wasn't a spoiled rich girl, either. She was like a stewardess before in one version and then a prostitute in a later version.

Like Harshaw said they both are morally ambiguous and have banged the hero at some point, but outside of that they're completely different.
Their both girl power completely self sufficient fucktoys for the hero's. Allowing them to have free reoccurring but with no real long term commitment sex partners. Their wealth is a key ingredient in allowing the hero's to fuck away with out any guilt about the long term consequences. Their moral ambiguity mean the relationships are always doomed when confronted with the hero's moral certitude.

Catwoman Origins - DC Database - Wikia

She went from no origin, to amnesia, to a battered wife.

She was always a wealthy jewel thief aka a self made spoiled rich girl when dealing with Bataman.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Give a 8/10 overall, some good stuff all around but definitely slow between ep 5-8ish.
The Micro reveal at the end gives me hopes for a good start to Punisher's series along with taking him from an unfocused destructive force to the efficient force of nature he's meant to be. Hospital scene did feel out of place a bit but just chalked it up to growing the character over the series. Though was sad for Frank never going full human terminator for just a bit at the end.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Pretty sure you can't be self made and spoiled at the same time. Maybe you meant since was a battered wife she was spoiled in a rotten egg way?

Either way, their relationships are similar but outside of being super hero fuck buddies there's not much in common

Siddar

Pretty sure you can't be self made and spoiled at the same time. Maybe you meant since was a battered wife she was spoiled in a rotten egg way?

Either way, their relationships are similar but outside of being super hero fuck buddies there's not much in common
Yes a thief can be self made and spoiled.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm still working on s1 (mostly so I can hurry up and get to THE GODDAMN PUNISHER) and I'm already in love with how DD has to beat the everloving piss out of people before they stay down. Everyone was right, this is the best beat em up on tv. At times it reminds me of the over the top ending of The Raid with that goddamn midget that wouldn't go down. I want to yell at the guy to at least use brass knuckles or something until whatever point the dumbass finally starts using his batons.

This is a show for everyone who was annoyed when Black Widow knocked a dude out with her hair.