Marvel's Daredevil

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem we have is Netflix. If they are adamant about only having 1-2 Marvel shows a year that seriously hampers what and when we will get stuff. Right now Defenders is contractually set to show sometime in 2017. Which is means that we have Luke Cage, then Iron Fist or Jessica Jones Season 2 early 2017, and then Defenders late 2017. I assume that they will go with Iron Fist before JJ2. So that means we have JJ2 early 2018 then either a Daredevil S3 or Punisher in late 2018.
I thought Netflix had more revenue that I just read. Right now, they are spending roughly 5% of their annual budget on Marvel original shows. That's a lot, considering the other shows and original programming they try to offer. I'm sure this is probably a budgetary thing.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I mean I don't blame them, it's just that we as fans are going to have to wait for these shows. The only thing they can do is consolidate. Jones, Cage, and Rand can go have a Heroes for Hire show. Daredevil keeps his show, then you can do a Punisher or something. Even then you start getting into having to wait 2 years between seasons.

I've always had a soft spot for Iron Fist, and I'm glad they are giving him a series. He's the big tie for the heroes to the mystical shit that the Hand and Madame Gao are bringing to the game.

With how well they did Punisher, I really want Netflix to do a Moon Knight show.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the main problem with this season is the dissonance between the the Punisher and Elektra arcs. Daredevils basic conflict with both is their willingness to kill people versus his unwillingness. That conflict between Daredevil and Punisher is soul tearing, while the very same conflict with Elektra just isn't. You know full well Elektra is going to kill people and Daredevil is going to forgive her.

The violence on the Elektra side is mostly dehumanized masked people possibly already dead people being killed. While the violence on Punisher side is very personal even if it goes over the top.

I think a edit that separates the two story arcs into two stand alone stories would not have had the same level of dissonance that the intertwining of the two does.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
I thought there was going to be some connection with the Hand and Frank's storyline and there just wasn't. Which is fairly bad from a story structure point of view. It basically splits the season into two concurrent and disconnected stories, and one is way more compelling than the other.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
The Hand really wasn't a very compelling story. Whatever happened to Stone who was teased in season 1? Why reuse a villain who was just a mini-boss in the first place?

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i have not finished the season yet, but the punisher parts are blowing the electra arc out of the water. loving this guy as the punisher.

i should finish the season by wednesday or thursday- got several things that will prevent me watching more than an episode at a time.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
They could drop any of their current shows to make room for a Punisher show and I would be just fine with that.
They could push back Iron Fist for Punisher. I fail to understand why they gave him so much screen time if it wasn't for a spinoff.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I hated Jon Bernthal ever since he was in 12 Monkeys and other shit. Was like he was type casted to be an asshole in everything he was in. Playing the Punisher was so natural for him, it was just so right. I want to almost say that a stand alone Punisher tv show on netflix wouldn't work. There are only so many moving gears to the Punisher world where it would just end up being a "I hunt these shitbags down and kill them" every episode. I love the idea, but I think it isn't one that would last long.

Having him mixed into the world where he comes across Luke Cage, Ironfist, and Daredevil (or other marvel tv show) and has an arc in those shows would fit best. I just don't want them to push hard for a stand alone series with him and it just dies out. Then it would be killed off and we will start from scratch again after a few years without Jon playing the Punisher.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I really liked it, but I felt the should have extended it out another 3 or so episodes and finished fleshing out the Hand storyline since they pretty much opened that arc up and then never really explained it very well. a 40 story deep hole does deserve an explanation. There were a few ticky tack details a person could point out. But overall it was well done and it left me wanting a lot more. Especially more Punisher.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would rather have Punisher than Iron Fist. I don't get the love for Iron Fist.

Anyway, I just finished this tonight. In my opinion this season could be the best season of a superhero show ever. Some of the stuff with The Hand was lost in the shuffle but overall it was far above my expectations.
Given all the hand setup stuff though they pretty much have to do iron fist for any of it to tie in and make any sense.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
There are only so many moving gears to the Punisher world where it would just end up being a "I hunt these shitbags down and kill them" every episode. I love the idea, but I think it isn't one that would last long.
Apparently you never read the comic? He's had long running story arcs there. The other thing they could do, to change the "finality" of his story lines, is to do what they did in the comic. They started giving him super powered enemies, that weren't necessarily bothered by bullets. That totally changes the story, if the enemy is invulnerable. It makes Frank the underdog.

NOTE: This below isn't Wolverine, it's his idiot son.

rrr_img_129357.jpg

rrr_img_129358.jpg

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Yes I've read the comics. Yes I know there is more to him in the comics. But I think for DD or Punisher to really survive on a major series it needs to stay closer to "reality" than "comic book reality". I think a season or two can last with full story lines, but in the end it would become the next "(Dr)House" and with the same but "different" ending every time. I think that is what makes the DD and Punisher in this series. It seems like it could be taking place right out in New York, never mind the mystical ever living ninja and black storm shit that they started to show.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
YBut I think for DD or Punisher to really survive on a major series it needs to stay closer to "reality" than "comic book reality".
I don't buy this. You said it yourself, he's just going to blow away normal humans. One of my favorite runs was before Dark Wolverine killed him. He fought only super power villains for like two years, and it made for more interesting reading.

rrr_img_129366.jpg

rrr_img_129367.jpg

Column_sl

shitlord
One of my favorite Punisher stories is when he steals everyone's gadgets like Iron Man's glove, Hobgoblin's pumpkins etc.

It's Punisher annual 1 if you are looking for the Torrent

4bb3ede83cc11.jpg

Brad2770

Starting Ep. 9 now. This season has been amazing.

As for the hole, it will probably be explained in later shows. Marvel obviously likes slow progression.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Loving this season, even more than the first. finished up with 8 last night. SOOOO good. I wish this was 20 ep seasons.