Marvel's Daredevil

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I want to officially go on record as stating that I want to see a Blade and Ghost Rider series on Netflix.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Blade would be sweet. Ghost rider on the other hand, I just cannot get Nicolas Cage out of my head.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
The problem with a character like Ghost Rider is that the special effects required to have him on screen regularly would make a TV show too expensive to produce without it being a ratings smash like Game of Thrones. Look at DD and Jessica Jones. They're lower budget shows that, in addition to being just plain good, aren't hampered in their presentation by their limited budgets.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
The problem with a character like Ghost Rider is that the special effects required to have him on screen regularly would make a TV show too expensive to produce without it being a ratings smash like Game of Thrones. Look at DD and Jessica Jones. They're lower budget shows that, in addition to being just plain good, aren't hampered in their presentation by their limited budgets.
If CW can do Arrow/Flash/Legends of Tomorrow, a company like Netflix with deeper pockets could pull Ghost Rider off.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
ROFL, some reviewer for Forbes just said he really enjoyed watching season one of The Punisher this past weekend.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
The other Netflix Marvel shows need to hire the fight choreographer from DD. If they're the same, they need to rethink their approach for the other shows.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
The other Netflix Marvel shows need to hire the fight choreographer from DD. If they're the same, they need to rethink their approach for the other shows.
why in the fuck would the fight scenes in JJ need to look anything like DD? Drunk chick with super strength=super complex/choreographed fights scenes?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
You know Jessica Jones isn't a martial artist, right? It would be completely retarded to watch her doing DD-esque choreographed fight scenes

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want to officially go on record as stating that I want to see a Blade and Ghost Rider series on Netflix.
Blade would work well in the shared environment their building up in New York.

A Vampire clan in New York would give the Hand some western competition on the mystical type stories with out completely blowing the special effects budget.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enjoyed Season 2.

I really wanted to see a crossover that was a little more than just the lawyer. Given the terror that the Punisher brought Hell's kitchen, you would think a cameo would have been warranted.

As others have noted, the secondary characters had a stronger presence than DD.

The one exception for me was electra. The character felt forced. She just did not ever feel like she fit. I am not sure if it was the script or the actress but I honestly wish there had been less of her.

I loved the Kingpin. That scene with Mat and Kingpin was gold. There was not enough of the Kingpin.

The last review, but not the least is the Punisher. At first I was a bit hesitant on the actor as he did not seem right for the idea of the character. Jesus was I proved wrong as hell. As he progressed through the episodes, he got better and better. That scene where he recounts coming home nearly had me in tears. I realize that having a whole show to himself might be a bit much but the man needs to return through all of the arcs.

The Daredevil himself is a very complicated character to portray. It is why he gets his own story. He has an effect on everyone around him and I dare say improves those who are near him. It is not that he is a weak or hollow character but I think he shines a light on those around him to such a degree that he only appears that way. The complexity of who he is is why this show works and a movie never could have. He is an Angel wearing the devils clothing to generate fear, because no man fears an Angel.

A solid 9/10.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just finished this, loved it, nother hit for Marvel and Netflix. The punisher was the highlight of the show for sure. Not enough kingpin, but he stole every scene he was in. The Elektra arc was a bit of a letdown but not enough to really to ruin an otherwise excellent show.

I can't wait for Luke Cage now.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wrapped up the season, fun ride, loved everything Punisher and kinda endured everything Elektra. One thing that confused with the very end:

I thought Paige recognized him during the hostage rescue, I was expecting her to accidentally say 'Matt saved us' and Foggy give her a surprised look instead of the end of vigalante line so was odd seeing her so surprised at the end after not reacting to his latest batch of entire-face bruising.

Symmetry between this season and last is funny, waited all season to see Punisher gear up, just like last season waiting for Daredevil's costume.

Well that was a great ride , was stoked when Punisher was in his get up. Wish it was more action oriented then him on a roof sniping , like him with the Minigun mowing them the fuck down on the roof, that shit there would of been the greatest thing ever next to Blades opening sequence which is the greatest opening sequence of any movie ever made. Not sure why people are letdown with Elektra , seemed fine to me and was enough to let me know what the character is about and her relation to DD and the whole story as a whole. Thought they did fine with that , but man Punishers arc was just so awesome and when he found that room i was all giddy and about to pass out from the awesomeness of that scene and then when they panned to the vest i just lost my shit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah when they were all lined up on the roof I was like, 'oh damn here comes the mini gun, here it comes!' Then nope /sadface.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah when they were all lined up on the roof I was like, 'oh damn here comes the mini gun, here it comes!' Then nope /sadface.
This was one of my only gripes about the show. They showed hundreds of ninjas up there, then when they got up on the roof, there was a manageable amount. I wanted to see them fight hundreds of ninjas, and have an epic fight. I was expecting more involvement from Punisher than the three or four ninjas he helped with (that DD could have handled anyway).

The final fight is literally the only problem I had with this season.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My only real gripe with most of it was, hmm.. how to put it.

If light level is on a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being pitch black and 10 being broad daylight; the fight scenes were shot at about a 2. I'm not saying they needed to be at a 10 or even a 6, but a 3 couldn't hurt. Just a little more. The hallway / stairwell scene was awesome. But when the ninjas roll in you have guys in black, fighting in night, against black rooftop.

This is going nowhere, never mind.

Caliane

huh. maybe one of us needs to adjust their contrast. I kept loling to myself about how bright it was still despite him "breaking the lights" to make it dark.