Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
the only game that is long in the tooth graphics wise is part 1, and even that is more than playable.

Exactly what I was going to say. ME2 and 3 still look good by today's standards. Adding god rays wouldnt improve the experience.

Looking back the problems with the series was story, not gameplay limitations or problems due to the engine or graphical fidelity.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
But ME2 already looks pretty damn good on PC. I guess this is for the console crowd? Even then...the only game that is long in the tooth graphics wise is part 1, and even that is more than playable.

It is playable, but clunky as shit. I had fun with it a few years back, but even then it was almost unmanageable. Don't even get me started on the mako.

Fadaar

That guy
If they could Resident Evil-ify the first game I'd totally shell out $60 for it. ME1 is fucking PAINFUL to play now, last time I did a playthrough I added a cheat gun to get through the shitty combat.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
It is playable, but clunky as shit. I had fun with it a few years back, but even then it was almost unmanageable. Don't even get me started on the mako.

Yea it would be great if they improved the things that needed it, but that would take time and energy. It is easier to just put a bunch of shit post processing effects in, and darken the skin color of all the white character models, and call it a remaster.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
There are still major issues with the game, that can be fixed with mods and (user) patches but namely

- controllers don't really work well without patches (or at all?) on ME1 and I think ME3 too weirdly
- all the DLCs are extra $$ and not part of the base game, for a long time on PC you could only buy them with "bioware points" which was weird as hell
- the textures could be upscaled for 1 & 2
- widescreen support
- save support between the three games, so you can import your choices without having to go through the "comic book choose your own adventure"

Its all minor shit and definitely a ripoff to charge $60 for the changes involved but it would be nice to get a fully updated, modern remaster of the trilogy into a single package with all DLC integrated and a single launcher/options before EA puts a bullet into Bioware's head.

Its the only thing Bioware is good for really, its kinda laughable after Anthem and ME:A to think they could make another (new) good game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wonder how many games will try to re release as gimmicky VR versions. I can see mass effect trying to pull that off from a combat perspective.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Torn on this. ME2 is one of my favourite games of all time and I loved the hell out of ME3 co-op missions but fuck you Starchild RGB ending!

Fuck you I say!

• 3Like

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Wonder how many games will try to re release as gimmicky VR versions. I can see mass effect trying to pull that off from a combat perspective.
Can't lie, slinging biotic abilities in VR and blowing shit up would be cool. Definitely can turn the trilogy classics into VR though, that's too retarded for even BioWare to do. Spin off? Sure maybe.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
If anyone can fuck up a remaster, it will be this company.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
ME:A had some good ideas, but the execution was lacking. Sure, it had bland characters, and an even blander evil race as the villain, in contrast to the Collectors, who were creepy, ominous, and pretty bad-ass. It's interesting though, because if you were to ask what they should do to improve the ME series, I think a lot of people would say make it more open world and bring back the Mako, which they did. Somehow that just ended up making the gameplay feel pretty generic though, to go along with the "meh" everything else.

I loved DA:I and still have hope for the Dragon Age series.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully they add a bunch of dialogue to the remasters so BioWare can constantly remind us how "woke" they are. Because that's exactly what Mass Effect was missing..

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf

goishen

Macho Ma'am
The thing they forgot about when doing the open world though, was the fact that you could buy better armor for your team mates. Plus the shit that you could find along the way. Not this, "Ohhh, I have to go back to my ship to craft brand new shit." Bleh. Plus, Those upgrades weren't all that fucking impressive. Agreed, maybe the upgrades in ME1 weren't all that impressive either, but at least they were incremental.

Sure, it may have broken the game and caused us to bitch, but fuck... At least we were playing it.

EDIT : Plus the hyper-"woke"ness of the BioWare writing staff. Fuck, don't get me started on that shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The thing they forgot about when doing the open world though, was the fact that you could buy better armor for your team mates. Plus the shit that you could find along the way. Not this, "Ohhh, I have to go back to my ship to craft brand new shit." Bleh. Plus, Those upgrades weren't all that fucking impressive. Agreed, maybe the upgrades in ME1 weren't all that impressive either, but at least they were incremental.

Sure, it may have broken the game and caused us to bitch, but fuck... At least we were playing it.

EDIT : Plus the hyper-"woke"ness of the BioWare writing staff. Fuck, don't get me started on that shit.

The funniest part about their hyper-wokeness is that they didn't even understand the stuff they were trying to champion. Like the tranny who immediately deadnames himself.

Although the fact that he was immediately like TRANNY TRANNY TRANNY TRANNY as soon as you start a conversation with him was quite accurate, I suspect that part was by accident.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
LOL Long live whoever the hell this was.

And who in the hell wrote the line "Writer of papers that start "What the hell weather".... Lol what in the ever living shit.

Writing like that was all over the place. Dialogue written by a bunch of 23 year old liberal hippy dipsters who copy paste random shit from Yahoo and think it actually has substance.

How on earth anyone green lit this amazes me to this day in one of the most prolific IP's EA ever had.

Get ready for Round 2 with Last of us 2, because Anita was a "Consultant" on ME:A and she was a consultant in TLOU2 as well for Drunkman.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Even with all the problems Andromeda had I would still be first in line should they make a new Mass Effect game. It's probably naive since the original genius team behind it all are long gone and it's a different era now... But damn I love this setting so damn much.

The original commercial that aired for it still gives me shivers.

• 2Barf
  • 2Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

I glossed over some of the dialogue in areas for obvious reasons. I never even realized this character was suppose to be Transgender, nor did I give a fuck, just another meaningless NPC standing between me and blowing up space aliens with not the force. I wonder how many people never even realized this was in there, and how much that has to sting for these virtue signaling fuck sticks. If a cuck cries in the woods and no one hears it... nope, still nobody gives a fuck, but at least you didn't have to listen to it.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also you fuckers got my hopes up that maybe there was some Mass Effect happenings, but then I remembered what I'm most likely going to get even if there was new Mass Effect news. We need to sue Bioware for mental anguish caused by the bipolar and volatile mixing of joy and bitter sadness that is felt when someone utters the words Mass Effect. If someone says Star Wars in the same day, might as well pop a handful of anti depressants and go to bed, the day is done.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Rude

Potato del Grande

it pisses me off they never even TRIED to fix Andromeda. I bought that game and waited, waited...was sure they could atleast make it fucking playable. Then they announced they were cutting the cord so soon after. Fucking mind boggling. They could still be selling copies of that today if they fixed it. ...
Had flashbacks to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite reading your post. Feels bad man.

• 1Worf

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Finished Andromeda

6/10 it was meh. some stuff not bad but yeah dialogue was cringe.

Awanka

Molten Core Raider

And who in the hell wrote the line "Writer of papers that start "What the hell weather".... Lol what in the ever living shit.

I love how the trans goes into a passionate speech about her struggle and how she used to be a man, without the slightest provocation.

That's pretty accurate though tbh.

• 1Worf