Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Also, you cannot crouch and the auto cover system is complete garbage. I don't understand how franchises like this end up taking so many steps back. Fuck..

When you hire people to make a game to meet ethic, diversity, and gender quotas instead of just hiring the best people to do the job.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm guessing your wife is a fan of zero girth then.... ><

She loves playing Rock Band and is my duet partner in Total Eclipse of the Heart. But other than that, she would rather drag my ass all over mountain tops and try to kill me on hikes than play video games unfortunately.

Unless they made a video game of taking Utnayan on a trip up to Lake Odessa in Rocky Mountain National Park with 7 bottles of water on an 11 mile hike to reach 12k elevation with one small fruit snack bag to eat for 8 hours.

Hey I bet Bioware could design that one.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That "ladyboy" is a she if you pay attention closer to dialogue, FYI. I still think it's an odd voice, but so many people seem to be mis-sexing them because of their leadership role/aggressiveness.
Yeah, I pointed out a few days ago that the one on the Nexus (Kesh? I forget npc names immediately in this) is actually voiced by the same woman who did Josephine in DA:I. That doesn't make her or any of the others bearable to listen to though.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh. What kind of games do you like? And for Pete's sake have you played Soma yet?

Haha haven't played soma yet.

Mostly play RPGs, I do play some open world but I'm really not a fan. Reminds me too much of MMOs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It just doesnt make sense to me to have that kind of voice come out of a fucking Krogan. No fucking imagination.

• 1Like

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
That "ladyboy" is a she if you pay attention closer to dialogue, FYI. I still think it's an odd voice, but so many people seem to be mis-sexing them because of their leadership role/aggressiveness.

No, I am fully aware it's a female Krogan. I should have clarified but I was anger posting.

I said ladyboy because even though it's a female character, it sounds like it's voiced by a 16 year old gay dude who maybe just finished wiping the cum of an older man off his chest.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Soundtrack is way too understated. As an Audio Engineer, it honestly feel like some director choked the audio team into a 'minimalist, expansive' direction and fucked up the soundtrack. I don't know many professionals who would leave this many soundscapes completely empty or fully underwhelming this often .

This truly makes me sad. I've not picked this up, I'll wait for the $4.99 sale on origin or something, but nonetheless, the soundtrack of a game is extremely important to me. Some people get immersion from graphics, dialog, or personalities, but for me much of the emotion and mood-building playing games is rooted in the soundtrack.

Just watch that introduction of ME1 again, the sound completely sets the stage. The music during the final fighting sequence during ME2 was out of this world. ME3 was really good too. When I heard the credits of MEA I was like.. uhh.. and yeah, so so sad to see it confirmed that the soundtrack is pretty much garbage. I don't even know if I could get through this game.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah what he is saying is it shouldn't feel unfair to you. This game had just as much in the development process being given to it as Horizon. There are no excuses for how shitty this thing turned out to be. Especially given that Horizon is a completely new IP and exclusive on one console and is (Hopefully) outselling a massively known IP and developer in spades in revenue and quality. If anything, it would have been unfair to compare Horizon Zero Dawn to Mass Effect/Bioware.

To think that Horizon, a new IP, with a fairly unknown dev studio who only traditionally made playstation exclusive games just blew the doors off a developer house known for great games for the last 20 years with a well known IP across multiple market platform targets shows just how bad EA is as a publisher, how Bioware is no more, and how consumers at large need to follow the people, not the company, and tell EA to kiss their ass when it comes to using Bioware as a marketing term.

This. A thousand times This.

It's appalling that you have a platinum bar of IP in the Mass Effect name, series, and universe and you trash it like this. It pisses me off, truthfully. Space games are fucking great, and I love them. It grates me to death that they could fuck it up this badly.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This truly makes me sad. I've not picked this up, I'll wait for the $4.99 sale on origin or something, but nonetheless, the soundtrack of a game is extremely important to me. Some people get immersion from graphics, dialog, or personalities, but for me much of the emotion and mood-building playing games is rooted in the soundtrack.

Yeah I feel the same way when it comes to the importance of a sound track. One of my favorites is from a game called "The Dig". But if you haven't heard Horizon's sound track, you should. (Haha sorry Noodle)

Edit: This still gives me goosebumps.

• 1Like

khorum

Murder Apologist
Not sure, it just feels unfair? This game is not up to AAA standards it just feels incredibly unpolished and just not near the quality youd expect from a AAA quality game. I mean this reminds me of fuckin Brink! and i was hyped for that and then it just turned into puree shit.

Oh for sure they had totally different outcomes, but both HZD and MEA had roughly the same opportunities. Utnayan is right that HZD actually had more disadvantages in being in PS4 exclusive---so I suppose my question is WHY you thought it was unfair to compare HZD to MEA?

I mean look, let's use your own example: Brink came out in 2011, in the same season as Battlefield3. BF3 was obviously superior in every way to Brink----noone would doubt that.

Did you think it was unfair to compare Brink to BF3?

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Really though, what's the last "great" game Bioware put out? This isn't really even Bioware. EA is just opening up studios and slapping the Bioware name on them like it means something anymore.

You can't have 3-4 fucking Biowares.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I feel the same way when it comes to the importance of a sound track. One of my favorites is from a game called "The Dig". But if you haven't heard Horizon's sound track, you should. (Haha sorry Noodle)

The Dig is one of my favorite OSTs when I want relaxation. It reminds me of planes of tranquility in Everquest. I'll check out Horizons OST. I plan to play it next week when my wife flies to China with the children for THREE FUCKING WEEKS YES YES YES.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The Dig is one of my favorite OSTs when I want relaxation. It reminds me of planes of tranquility in Everquest. I'll check out Horizons OST. I plan to play it next week when my wife flies to China with the children for THREE FUCKING WEEKS YES YES YES.

Dude. We have community gaming next weekend including a rocket league tournament. When is she leaving? Go to the liquor store stat!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only OST you need to listen to this year (so far) is Nier:Automata, none of the games released this year has an ost nearly as good, just my opinion though.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
She loves playing Rock Band and is my duet partner in Total Eclipse of the Heart. But other than that, she would rather drag my ass all over mountain tops and try to kill me on hikes than play video games unfortunately.

/bonk.... wasn't make a joke about gaming... was making a joke about being able to consider trying to fit your dick through a disc.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hey that reminds me. Who got the $10 steam gift again? I am too lazy to look back. I need to PM them a code - which means I have to go to Best Buy or someplace to buy a card and PM them the code since I cannot do it online.

Me.

• 1Smuggly

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Edit: This still gives me goosebumps.

Fuck me there was a game? Loved the book

• 1Like