Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
So, reading thru a few threads and posts here..

Is this game a shit show from the SJW front? From the videos I've seen tossed about the game seems like more a social commentary of our current earth climate and less science fiction.

After the twitter account posts from that racist shitlord and the general shit tier release the game has had, I am wondering if I should just wait and pirate out of spite or not even bother with that. If the game is just droning on and on about people learning about micro-aggression and privilege and other bullshit, I'll skip.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I thought the game ironically goes the other way.

You are the colonizing white oppressors invading someone else's land... only to find out no one is native to these planets, so it's all good.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
So, reading thru a few threads and posts here..

Is this game a shit show from the SJW front? From the videos I've seen tossed about the game seems like more a social commentary of our current earth climate and less science fiction.

After the twitter account posts from that racist shitlord and the general shit tier release the game has had, I am wondering if I should just wait and pirate out of spite or not even bother with that. If the game is just droning on and on about people learning about micro-aggression and privilege and other bullshit, I'll skip.

I only played a few hours of trial, but I don't think there is really a strong SJW agenda inside the content of the actual game. Instead you get this weird side effect of SJW hiring -- "everyones a winner" hiring, where it really feels like the staff that built this game were not top tier people in their field but just average people who couldn't rise above their inadequacies and just made a sub-average game. And because everyone was just average there was no one smart or powerful enough there to say "whoah guys, we need to stop and fix this shitty game" early on enough.

You could argue maybe that someone went in with a heavy brush and made the human females ugly but really the biggest issues with the game are the boring storyline, the endless fetch quests ala DA:I, the bad writing/dialogue, the bad voice acting, and the bad animations.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Which makes the whole thing worse because that line was clearly written by someone who had never met a trans person. They don't talk like that, they don't mention their birth name. It's an agenda being pushed by someone who doesn't really know the agenda. They just want to seem progressive

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Has the technology to travel to another galaxy, can't treat mental disorder where you think you're the wrong gender.

#JustMassEffectThings

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
  • 2Smuggly
Reactions: 5 users

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
The SJW shit in the game is in your face at times, but it's far from being the worst offender. I mean if I were making a list of reasons not to buy this game it wouldn't be at the top of the list.

The more I play the more I actually feel bad for the the environment artists and designers. Among all the shit that is wrong with the game they really nailed the look and feel of these locations. So far they are the singular redeeming value in the game and if everything else were as well done the conversation surrounding this would be vastly different.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's also little 5 second moments that happen every 3 hours. The whole SJW element has been massively overblown - I'm 15 hours in and there's been maybe a half dozen momentary inclusions of these little miniscule references. OK, some random guy's backstory is that he's trans and Andromeda was his solution, well, that was a waste of 10 seconds of my life. Big deal. It's not like there was a minigame where I had to suck her dick to orgasm.

It's the same thing with the animations - there's a couple that are just bug-eyed over the top holy shit awful, but most are pretty decent and not noticable at all. They just get a lot of attention in 30 second bites on Youtube/comments.

The game is sub-par, but somehow sorta compelling in its own way (maybe just because of the familiarity of the concept, and the somewhat novel changes/execution) - but the failings are not some moralistic crusade. The game just lacks polish, is big but manages to not feel 'big and populated' like a good open world game, and has TERRIBLE voice acting. Krogan and Salarian voice acting is especially egregious, since there's a certain 'sound' that has been established for both, but they just sound like... random humans with an alien puppet. The native race also has horrible voice acting, because you can hear so many obvious Earth accents, where the previous games made a point of establishing a unique 'alien' accent.

When it isn't lagging you to death, the multiplayer is intense and dynamic far beyond what ME3's was, and can be extremely involving a fun. The lag issues right now are god awful, though.

Oh, and Voeld is a buggy piece of shit. Already had three quests break on me on this piece of shit snowball.

The minigame 'puzzles' that they had in ME1/2 are back with a vengeance, and I actually like these. Nice little optional logic puzzles, instead of stupid little tests of finger agility.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Long story short, if the game was technically and fundamentally amazing I don't think anyone would give a shit about splatters of SJW content. If you're a tranny in an amazing game, no one gives a fuck. If you're a tranny in a terrible game, no one still gives a fuck plus you're annoying.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Haha I took 15 copies, while hammered, at best buy and put them all behind a used copy of Knack in the PS4 section.

WINNER!

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
It's also little 5 second moments that happen every 3 hours. The whole SJW element has been massively overblown

Except for Stephen. Because its real. It feels good. It fells right. And if you don't see that obvious there?......

OK, some random guy's backstory is that he's trans and Andromeda was his solution

See above? What the FUCK.

It's the same thing with the animations - there's a couple that are just bug-eyed over the top holy shit awful, but most are pretty decent and not noticable at all. They just get a lot of attention in 30 second bites on Youtube/comments.

No. Every God Damn one had it's shit blown. TO the point some idiot from Uncharted 4 tried to make all the casuals think that this was SO HARD TO DO.

Clue: It is! But it didn't stop from hiring talent to make it happen! AS NOTED.

The game is sub-par

This thing makes Tiger Woods look like Mister Rogers!

[/b]When it isn't lagging you to death[/b] the multiplayer is intense and dynamic far beyond what ME3's was, and can be extremely involving a fun. The lag issues right now are god awful, though.

ITS A FUCKING HORDE MODE. WHEN IT ISN'T LAGGING YOU TO DEATH YOU COULD BE PLAYING A MILLION OTHER BULLSHIT HORDE MODES AND NOT BE LAGGING TO DEATH?????

What the fuck!

Oh, and Voeld is a buggy piece of shit. Already had three quests break on me on this piece of shit snowball.

Shock.

The minigame 'puzzles' that they had in ME1/2 are back with a vengeance, and I actually like these. Nice little optional logic puzzles, instead of stupid little tests of finger agility.

Quit trying to defend anything in this pile of shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The SJW shit in the game is in your face at times, but it's far from being the worst offender. I mean if I were making a list of reasons not to buy this game it wouldn't be at the top of the list.

The more I play the more I actually feel bad for the the environment artists and designers. Among all the shit that is wrong with the game they really nailed the look and feel of these locations. So far they are the singular redeeming value in the game and if everything else were as well done the conversation surrounding this would be vastly different.

Fucking this over and over again. At least someone knew how to not put a flag of liberal bullshit on a planet scape.

• 1Like

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Full throttle is getting a remake on PS4. :)

I noped out of consoles last gen, don't really plan on grabbing anything from this gen either. It's unfortunate because there were a handful of titles I'd have liked to play, but sometime there'll be emulators and I can catch up. Or I won't. Plenty of good gaming to be had on PC.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Why is everyone freaking out about Stephan?

A random side character has literally two lines about how "andromeda" is a new start for everyone, and how he became Hainly a woman as part of the new start".

Please tell me there isn't more later with this character, or else you guys are whiny faggots freaking out about two lines.

When you have to fill lines for 40 people as to why they decided to leave their entire world behind, you get this. Its no different than the leaving their mean parents, asshole spouse, doubting coworkers behind.

im starting to think it was pat the devs with an agenda, losing respect for a lot of shitlord faggots.

• 1Salty
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Why is everyone freaking out about Stephan?

A random side character has literally two lines about how "andromeda" is a new start for everyone, and how he became Hainly a woman as part of the new start".

Are you fucking for real right now? I do not want to play a game where some fuck got fucked up by his family and decided he was a tranny and worse "It feels good. It feels right" jammed down my ass. Because you know what? About .000001% actually have that happen to them, if that, and the others got ass raped by their mom or their step dad/mom. I am so sick and tired of this shit. And keep that shit out of my video games while a bunch of unethical fucks try to make "Love" a scapegoat.

I know a lot gay people. I know of an NFL guy that is one of my good friends who rips on 99% of gay people. I know of another one in the industry who thinks LINK from Zelda looks Hot. And he USED TO BE a guy I actually thought was awesome until I read a thread where the sick fuck thought a 17 year old cartoon character was "HOT".

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Like
  • 1Salty

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Jammed down your throat? It was two lines of optional chat with a random side character.

What kind of bitch shit is this? Did a tranny man rape you and you are having a hard time dealing? What an over reaction.

I heard the line, literally did t even register it, and kept playing the game. I didn't even notice until you fags cried. That's how unimportant it is, and then you are posting about NFL players hating link loving fags?

You are doing way more "jamming" than they are. Jesus.

• 2Like
  • 1SJW

khorum

Murder Apologist
Jammed down your throat? It was two lines of optional chat with a random side character.

What kind of bitch shit is this? Did a tranny man rape you and you are having a hard time dealing? What an over reaction.

I heard the line, literally did t even register it, and kept playing the game. I didn't even notice until you fags cried. That's how unimportant it is, and then you are posting about NFL players hating link loving fags?

You are doing way more "jamming" than they are. Jesus.

I don't see a lot of people "freaking out" about it. I had to google what you meant and I think I saw one streamer mention it.

Granted I haven't played the game and I've only seen about 3-4 hours total of it streamed---which was enough for me to decide to just watch the ending and confirm my decision to not play it---but I didn't see a ton of people "freaking out" about it. Sure some folks mentioned it when it came up but it wasn't as objectionable as the broken animation, the horrid facial models and MOST IMPORTANTLY the abysmal writing.

I dunno what to tell you man, just look through the last few pages and you'll see everyone is saying that all the SJW shit in Horizon Zero Dawn is as bad if not worse than the SJW shit in MEA, but everyone still loves that game.

In fact, the exact same shitlords and streamers who are shitting on MEA all posted glowing reviews about HZD. Utnayan's a hopeless fangirl about that game, and it's basically straight-up feminazi propaganda.

The problem with MEA isn't the tranny-advocacy----it's just a shitty game.

• 1SJW

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I don't see a lot of people "freaking out" about it. I had to google what you meant and I think I saw one streamer mention it.

Granted I haven't played the game and I've only seen about 3-4 hours total of it streamed---which was enough for me to decide to just watch the ending and confirm my decision to not play it---but I didn't see a ton of people "freaking out" about it. Sure some folks mentioned it when it came up but it wasn't as objectionable as the broken animation, the horrid facial models and MOST IMPORTANTLY the abysmal writing.

I dunno what to tell you man, just look through the last few pages and you'll see everyone is saying that all the SJW shit in Horizon Zero Dawn is as bad if not worse than the SJW shit in MEA, but everyone still loves that game.

In fact, the exact same shitlords and streamers who are shitting on MEA all posted glowing reviews about HZD. Utnayan's a hopeless fangirl about that game, and it's basically straight-up feminazi propaganda.

The problem with MEA isn't the tranny-advocacy----it's just a shitty game.

Stephan has been brought up 3-4 times to me in this thread. It's not a big deal anywhere else. I'm just pointing out how batshit Ut and a couple others here are. Definitely more to the story.

I've been saying the whole time the SJW shit doesn't exist outside the minds of the mentally unstable.

Broken game features do. People are free not to like the game or point out the flaws, I just love seeing people whip themselves up over made up shit then have the lack of self awareness to insist the "autism" of the game.

I'm about 14 hours in and enjoy it for what it is. I just refuse to whip myself into a frenzy.

• 1Salty