Mass Effect: Andromeda - Autism reaches outer space

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have yet to finish a bit of the side quest stuff, but the main story and most of the planets are done. The game isnt "terrible" per say, but I did feel like I had to force myself to finish the game. There are just a lot of open ended story lines and elusive shit that you have to just disregard right now and its kind of infuriating at times. The game is worth playing, but only if you dont have an amazing game in your queue already.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Ya, its not as bad as the drama out there ( much like the ending of 3 was not as bad ) . Let's not forget this isn't bioware anymore, its EA.

Its a fun RPG in space, looks fabulous, great sound meh story.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The game is worth playing, but only if you dont have an amazing game in your queue already.

Amazing game in the queue my ass. River raid is better than this shithole of a "game" and I was 8 when i queued that up with GameFly and it's still "medium availability"

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Djevel Innenfor

Golden Squire
Ye olde Bioware is gone. The team that gave us previous greatness was broken up before work on ME3 started. To be honest, even with all the complaints vs that game, it's amazing it came out as good as it did. The deck was stacked against it from the beginning. MEA didn't have a deck stacked anywhere; that mess was 52 pick up. A few decent cards and a lot of shit strewn about.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gromit

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bioware is an EA brand now. When they run it into the ground they'll just rename the studios to something else like nothing ever happened.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The rest is just beating a dead and rotting horse carcass now, but... "great sound"? The voice actors are mostly a bunch of rank amateurs, the 'famous' actors range from horrible (Kumail) to phoned-in except for Clancy Brown, there's practically no music at all, and I'd bet 80+% of the sound effects are recycled from a foley library BioWare has had going since the start of the OT.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I'm still chipping away at this when I have time.. enjoying it.. I don't mind most of the voice acting. There's been a couple which were obviously derpy casting choices like I remember there's a krogan female somewhere on Nexus who sounded awful.
I was quite entertained though by the constant banter between Cora and Peebee while I was driving around in the Nomad on Kadara last night.

iannis

Musty Nester
holy shit was not aware of this channel, anything involving Rich Evans is pure gold

I am disappoint though. Rich has said before that he wouldn't play it because ME3 was so insulting.

Ahh, redeemed. Jack is reviewing the game on his own. lol. Or not. hahah, good episode.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I'm still chipping away at this when I have time.. enjoying it.. I don't mind most of the voice acting. There's been a couple which were obviously derpy casting choices like I remember there's a krogan female somewhere on Nexus who sounded awful.
I was quite entertained though by the constant banter between Cora and Peebee while I was driving around in the Nomad on Kadara last night.

The side character banter is great. Cora with pee Bee, Drack and Vetra, Jaal and Liam are the combos that fit together the best. Pee Bee telling Cora why she has a big up her ass....hawt.

I just hate how everyone is fucking gay or bi. and I get why.

If you have Met Vidal Reyes, hes a spy who is basically a Lothario type. You could be a male or female, straight or gay. three of those four situations make him coming onto you make sense and they dont want to have to make 4 sets of dialogue. If I was playing a female it would be a fine scene. but if Im a traight guy and hes nuzzling up to me and trying to charm me, its fucking out of place. And they do it for every fucking character.

If they didnt make it an option to flirt with or fuck every single thing alive, this would be fine.

They went way too horny like a couple kids wrote this all. I get good laughs out of it if im smoking or drinking and playing a bit, but on a saturday morning at 7 am when im up with kids, trying to play for a bit while they play after breakfast, then I start to see the annoyance.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I just don't want romance in ANY of my games, and I struggle to believe that I'm in the minority.

If someone is going to touch my dick, I sure would prefer it to be a real person and my actual cock.

I play games because I can't earn "rewards" in real life for killing a badger with a tactical nuke.

The most annoying part of this perpetual romance-options in games debate is that I don't want any of it in the first place.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I just don't want romance in ANY of my games, and I struggle to believe that I'm in the minority.

If someone is going to touch my dick, I sure would prefer it to be a real person and my actual cock.

I play games because I can't earn "rewards" in real life for killing a badger with a tactical nuke.

The most annoying part of this perpetual romance-options in games debate is that I don't want any of it in the first place.

Why would you eve play a Bioware game in the first place?

And yes, you're in the minority.

Phelps McManus

<Silver Donator>
They went way too horny like a couple kids wrote this all. I get good laughs out of it if im smoking or drinking and playing a bit, but on a saturday morning at 7 am when im up with kids, trying to play for a bit while they play after breakfast, then I start to see the annoyance.

I am trying to come up with a scenario where someone could be a) up with their my kids at 7 AM on a Saturday and b) have time to play video games. The only one I could come up with was that you stayed up all night, smoking, drinking, and playing ME:A. Then, as soon as the kids woke up, you quit playing, and went to bed before they accidentally saw homosexual acts play out on your screen.

But it sounds like you kept playing, even after they finished breakfast, and they saw the homosexual acts anyway and that (or the kids?) annoyed you.

Am I close?

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden

Im fine with it when its something you have to work towards. You could pretty much run past all the romances in the Witcher 3 without it beating you over the head. But if you wanted to pursue it you could.

In "character" drive games it makes sense that people might want to have that part of a story. Whats the point of going on a heros journey if you cant get the girl too? Or guy...Or twink elf.

But it was fine a few games back when there was 2 hetero and 1 gay, and maybe 1 alien type romance. Same in Dragon Age. I think as a male in DA:I you could romance Cassandra, The french chick, the Curly mustached gay guy, and Iron Bull I think which was weird. Made it much better when you were pulled down by romance dialogue with EVERYONE.

I am trying to come up with a scenario where someone could be a) up with their my kids at 7 AM on a Saturday and b) have time to play video games. The only one I could come up with was that you stayed up all night, smoking, drinking, and playing ME:A. Then, as soon as the kids woke up, you quit playing, and went to bed before they accidentally saw homosexual acts play out on your screen.

But it sounds like you kept playing, even after they finished breakfast, and they saw the homosexual acts anyway and that (or the kids?) annoyed you.

Am I close?

What? Not sure what you are talking about. Maybe I worded this poorly, I haven't had any coffee and am worthless today.

I let my wife sleep in on weekends. Kid is up at 6. I get up and do morning routine. Breakfast, diapers, etc. Kid plays around, wife gets up at some point. Ill play xbox at some point in the morning if I can. When im up "early" on a weekend and tired, and spent the morning wrangling a kid through breakfast, I dont feel like seeing my guy try to dick down every single person he talks to. If its late night and I had a cocktail or something, its funny. I guess im just saying its not so annoying to me when im laughing at it, but if im trying to enjoy a little break from the harsh reality of parenting it gets annoying, so im starting to see why people have been bashing that part of the game.

Wasnt saying I dont like kids seeing it, was more the mindset im in.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I understand that this is a sad, pale comparison between the first and second mass effect. Things have improved and others have went light years backwards. I just wish they would have cut out a lot of the needless shit. There should be far, far more - "You have completed this mission. Would you like to return to your ship?" options in the game. Half the quests can be cut out and done over the communications system instead of going to see the character in person etc. Lastly, the whole gripe about SAM being the main character and Ryder being the middle man is totally spot on.

That being said, some of the side quests are fun and or funny. Finding some pot heads in the corner of the map and giving them a light so they can continue to grow more made me laugh. The Revenant did their job and made me ask questions and more. The game sucks but its good, if that makes any sense.