Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
if you wanna play on xbox you can play now, its unlocked in NZ and super easy to unlock on xbox. Just boot up, go to settings, Select Settings > All Settings > System > Language & location and change location at the bottom to New Zealand. It'll download a 25 meg language pack and reboot and you can start/download the game. 22 gig install for ME1, another 30 or so each for ME2 and ME3, and a 30 gig update for the whole thing.

I just did it to start the downloads and will play in an hour or two. You have to leave it as NZ until the game unlocks in USA at 9pm PST tonight, then can change back and keep going. No VPN or shenanigans required, and people have done it for years without Microsoft giving a shit.

file-EtuJYsjZfz.png

Trying this on our Xbox; I've set the location to NZ, restarted the Xbox after the language update and when viewing ME:R, it says there's only about 22GB of stuff in the install. Loading the game, I get the Bioware screen, get to the title screen and pressing any button briefly shows the ToS, but then immediately kicks me back to the Xbox menu. I've fully uninstalled and tried reinstalling ME:R, but it's still only grabbing the 22GB of stuff and I can't find anything to trigger it downloading the rest of the game. Any ideas?

spronk

FPS noob
the initial install is 22 gigs and that is ME1 only. There is an update as well but thats optional. Once you start the game and get to the main menu you can play ME1 2 or 3 but 2 or 3 have an install button (and uninstall after you install it) that add to the install size.

So 22 gigs is "right" and you can start ME1 with just that, but not sure why its kicking you out. Its working for me, I did the same things as you

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Does anyone actually remember people like Jacob?
I remember his hilarious loyalty mission. Rescue his dad who turns out to be a despot ruling over a group of women he turned into retarded sex slaves lol.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Pretty good short video on it. Graphics seem nicely updated honestly. Lots of textures look vastly improved.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

spronk

FPS noob
Trying this on our Xbox; I've set the location to NZ, restarted the Xbox after the language update and when viewing ME:R, it says there's only about 22GB of stuff in the install. Loading the game, I get the Bioware screen, get to the title screen and pressing any button briefly shows the ToS, but then immediately kicks me back to the Xbox menu. I've fully uninstalled and tried reinstalling ME:R, but it's still only grabbing the 22GB of stuff and I can't find anything to trigger it downloading the rest of the game. Any ideas?

to follow up, i turned my headsets on and launched the game and it would get past the studio screen and then "crash" (end) back to dashboard. Turning off the headphones lets the game work. No clue whats going on but i read something about it on twitter, try playing without headphones?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Fuck. On origin pc is says it goes live at 8am tomorrow. Was hoping to play later tonight

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Pretty good short video on it. Graphics seem nicely updated honestly. Lots of textures look vastly improved.
I just can't get behind repurchasing games I already purchased. I'll consider pirating it at some point, but after 3, I just don't know if I even give a fuck about the franchise anymore.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

nu_11

I just can't get behind repurchasing games I already purchased. I'll consider pirating it at some point, but after 3, I just don't know if I even give a fuck about the franchise anymore.
Not buying it again as well.

also fuck BioWare. Y’all are enabling this scummy company

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
to follow up, i turned my headsets on and launched the game and it would get past the studio screen and then "crash" (end) back to dashboard. Turning off the headphones lets the game work. No clue whats going on but i read something about it on twitter, try playing without headphones?

Ah that makes sense. I was able to load it once I switched to my profile which doesn’t have a headset assigned, but the husband’s would crash. Thanks!

Fadaar

That guy
I feel like ME1's companions grew relatively organically and made "sense" in a way that ME2's didn't. For the most part, ME2's companions may as well have just been faceless redshirts.

Does anyone actually remember people like Jacob? Kasumi? Samara/Morinth? Grunt? For the most part, the best companions in ME2 were the carryovers from ME1 like Tali and Garrus. Sure, there were some standouts like Legion and Mordin, but then then 3 went and shit all over Legion and almost Mordin. Mordin was mostly redeemed by going out like a total boss, but it had to be him.

Thane, Legion, and Mordin made up for it IMO. Still not as high quality as best boy Garrus or Tali but still good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I never romanced him but everyone should look up Thane's death on youtube and how different it is if you romanced him during 2.

Right in the feels.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Thane, Legion, and Mordin made up for it IMO. Still not as high quality as best boy Garrus or Tali but still good.
But they relegated Thane, Legion, and to a lesser extent Mordin to "background" duty in 3.

JFC every time I talk about this game it just pisses me off in new ways and some of them even worse than before.

• 2Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
But they relegated Thane, Legion, and to a lesser extent Mordin to "background" duty in 3.

JFC every time I talk about this game it just pisses me off in new ways and some of them even worse than before.
To be fair you already knew Thane had a fatal disease back in ME2.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Played through Eden Prime, fucking love this game. The whole mystery of "what the fuck is Saren doing? Whats this big ass Squidward ship? Who the fuck are these weird geth dudes and what are they doing? Who are the Protheons?" just on and on in just the first few hours is amazing, such great world building. Combat is still fun and its crazy how simple and smooth it feels, I recently played Outriders and while its not bad it just feels so overly complicated compared to this.

yeah im gonna give Bioware and EA my money, because I want more games like Mass Effect 1 & 2, not whatever retarded shit they guzzle out like Last of Us 2

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Gonna pick this up for my PS5. Played 1 and 2 but never got around to 3, may as well do so now.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Played through Eden Prime, fucking love this game. The whole mystery of "what the fuck is Saren doing? Whats this big ass Squidward ship? Who the fuck are these weird geth dudes and what are they doing? Who are the Protheons?" just on and on in just the first few hours is amazing, such great world building. Combat is still fun and its crazy how simple and smooth it feels, I recently played Outriders and while its not bad it just feels so overly complicated compared to this.

yeah im gonna give Bioware and EA my money, because I want more games like Mass Effect 1 & 2, not whatever retarded shit they guzzle out like Last of Us 2
You on Xbox I take it? Can't fucking believe this isn't launching at midnight tonight on PC....

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Except history shows us that results in games like ME: Andromeda and Anthem.

I hope they go bankrupt and anybody bitching about the state of gaming/microtransactions gets what they fucking deserve by giving this company money for the same game twice.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users