Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Mordin, Legion, and Thane all got pretty good closure in ME3. The rest of ME2 specific cast was pretty forgettable. ME1 really only the humans were dull as fuck, the rest of the characters had great arcs across the entire series. If they had not fucked up turning the prothean into DLC, he might have been the best addition to the game.

Basically most of what you guys are bitching about is a combination of BioWare changing the head writer and trying to scam DLC money.
Mordin did, but they fucking raped Legion's story in 3, IMO. Thane is whatever, since I never found his story super engaging. Then again, I didn't romance him like a fag, so I guess it's better if you like fish dicks?

Drew was the lead writer for both games. I'm not shitting on 2, it was still a really good game and miles better than 3. I'm just stating that I don't think it lives up to 1 and most people remembering how "awesome" it was are mostly doing so because of the gameplay changes. If 2 had the same gameplay as 1, you'd see it reviewed a LOT less favorably.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Played it for around 2 hours. Started with ME1, figure I might as well do a full run. Only ever finished 1 and 2 and hardly done any of the DLCs for any of the games.

ME1 so far
- Opens origin launcher to play it from so even though I launched it on steam, it won't load steam controller settings. Had to turn on DS4windows to activate my DS controller. Hopefully there will be a mod for PS icons.
- Cut scenes locked at 30?
- Runs smooth at 60fps 4k on my 1080gtx, so well optimized even though it isn't the best looking game.
- Updated models all look fine so far
- AI seems "wonkier" than I remember? Granted It's been a while but the husks never even touched me (on veteran) on Eden Prime because they kept bumping into things and turning around. Stairs/raised platforms were their enemy. If they had to start walking up one, they for the most part started running in circles while I shot at them.

All in all, really excited to start a fresh run. ME 1 and 2 were such fantastic RPGs in terms of world, story and characters. Can't speak much on 3 since I only played that for a few hours.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
lol fuck that.

It would be so much better with, hmm, let's say Emily Blunt as femshep.

I would enjoy Emily blunt, but i am not aware of any rumors of her in the casting.

That's Henry getting make up while reading a script with the word GETH in it...

Internet nerds figured out it is saying this

"Following the events on Tuchanka and a failed coup by Cerberus to take over the Citadel, the quarians offer their support to the Alliance if Shepard helps them reclaim their homeworld, Rannoch, from the geth. Assisted by a quarian, either Tali’Zorah or Admiral Daro’Xen, Shepard boards a geth dreadnought and rescues a captive geth unit, either Legion or a facsimile occupied by a geth virtual intelligence (VI), then disables the Reaper control signal over the geth."

Capture-2-720x611.png

Sorry if this is old news, its new to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I was going to go for a Gina Carano joke in there somewhere but when she returns triumphantly to the Star Wars universe, she won't have time.
This is a patently retarded idea, but they could release 2x ME movies simultaneously, one with Paragon Cavil and another with Renegade Carano. Gina would have to go back to fighting weight though, which is impossible.

d5qv5uj-8742e33a-fd24-40b0-95e0-1cb1f022314a.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Haven't played these games since their release however long ago and I think I've memory holed almost everything....

ME1 has a terrific story and setting and really sucks you in, but holy fuck the gameplay itself is awful. Awful shooting, mechanics, cover, handling, fov etc. I don't remember it being so shitty.

That said, I'm fully sucked in again and had almost forgotten how good the stories were in games. Some of the cutscenes, story beats etc are superb and I've played all these games before. Also makes you angry as fuck at what happened to Bioware.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hm. Now that reviews are positive I may get this, but I want to play on my couch and only have a PS4.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is a patently retarded idea, but they could release 2x ME movies simultaneously, one with Paragon Cavil and another with Renegade Carano. Gina would have to go back to fighting weight though, which is impossible.

*Go back to fighting weight and have all her lines digitally dubbed over by Jennifer Hale.

• 1Mother of God

Nester

Vyemm Raider

she could be Miranda

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I would enjoy Emily blunt, but i am not aware of any rumors of her in the casting.

That's Henry getting make up while reading a script with the word GETH in it...

Internet nerds figured out it is saying this

"Following the events on Tuchanka and a failed coup by Cerberus to take over the Citadel, the quarians offer their support to the Alliance if Shepard helps them reclaim their homeworld, Rannoch, from the geth. Assisted by a quarian, either Tali’Zorah or Admiral Daro’Xen, Shepard boards a geth dreadnought and rescues a captive geth unit, either Legion or a facsimile occupied by a geth virtual intelligence (VI), then disables the Reaper control signal over the geth."

Capture-2-720x611.png

Sorry if this is old news, its new to me.
You are insane if you have any hopes of such a movie turning out even mediocre in todays world. Youre just setting yourself up for failure here.

I can only imagine how much BLACK GiRL PoWeR MAGIC would be dumped into Ashley while dropping everything about disliking aliens.

Last edited:

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>

I love your ambition/retardation.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
You are insane if you have any hopes of such a movie turning out even mediocre in todays world. Youre just setting yourself up for failure here.

I can only imagine how much BLACK GiRL PoWeR MAGIC would be dumped into Ashley while dropping everything about disliking aliens.
A Black woman would be the only one who could say those things in 2021. "Given how poorly we were treated on our own planet, how do we know the aliens aren't going to be Oppressors?"

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So I have never played these before. Do you wnd up filling out all the skills for your class or do you have to pick and choose? Also can you respec if you fuck up?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
So I have never played these before. Do you wnd up filling out all the skills for your class or do you have to pick and choose? Also can you respec if you fuck up?
Other folks can correct me but there is no respec in ME1 if recall correctly, but you get plenty of points as you level up, particularly if you have Legendary mode on. ME2 and ME3 have respecs. I don't think you fill out your class but I don't recall feeling pressured about where points went. There should be tons of game-specific guides for the classes as well.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

Captain Herbert will always be the best version of Shep.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Never played a female Shepard and you guys saying they think its the default hero is making me curious. Might try a renegade hitler femshep play through. Not sure if I can still with girl shep though.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never played a female Shepard and you guys saying they think its the default hero is making me curious. Might try a renegade hitler femshep play through. Not sure if I can still with girl shep though.
Jennifer Hale was a much more experienced voice actor than Mark Vanderloo. Nothing against him really, she just did a much better job with her lines.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users