Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I am old. When selecting which mode, quality or performance, do I want it to say Performance on the UI and that's quality mode? Or do I want to state Quality mode on the UI and that's quality mode?
Why would performance on the UI mean quality when the other choice says quality??

Performance is 1440p60 on PS5 and 1440p120 on XSX (pointless unless you actually have 120Hz TV with VRR). Quality is 4K60 on both consoles, though the XSX is better at actually locking in 60 fps so you may want performance mode on PS5 instead.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Why would performance on the UI mean quality when the other choice says quality??

Performance is 1440p60 on PS5 and 1440p120 on XSX (pointless unless you actually have 120Hz TV with VRR). Quality is 4K60 on both consoles, though the XSX is better at actually locking in 60 fps so you may want performance mode on PS5 instead.

I am just trying to know which one I have selected. For quality, is quality supposed to be showing? Because it shows an arrow to the left or right to make the selection yet for either - so it makes it seem like if I have performance selected I have the quality option showing in the UI to move it back to quality, and vice versa.

Vorph

Nah, if quality is showing that's what is active. The arrow just means there's another option if you press that direction.

• 1Solidarity

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Or does it really mean "Acceptable FPS this way" and "WTF is this FPS in 2021"?

• 1Worf

Vorph

Or does it really mean "Acceptable FPS this way" and "WTF is this FPS in 2021"?
Depends on the platform. XSX on quality mode is pretty stable at 4K60 so the only reason to drop to performance is if your TV can do 120Hz (and since DF found drops into the 80's at times, VRR is a must for that as well). PS5 has some drops to around 50 fps on quality mode and since Sony's VRR support is still vaporware you may want to choose stable 1440p60 from performance mode instead.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Depends on the platform. XSX on quality mode is pretty stable at 4K60 so the only reason to drop to performance is if your TV can do 120Hz (and since DF found drops into the 80's at times, VRR is a must for that as well). PS5 has some drops to around 50 fps on quality mode and since Sony's VRR support is still vaporware you may want to choose stable 1440p60 from performance mode instead.
Nice nice. Yeah as long as the bottom end is 60 i'd be ok with that.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Liking this so far. Shooting is several magnitudes more satisfying in general in ME1, that's for sure. Also liking the condensed leveling stuff so far; having more points to spend per level is nice and you can get some more immediate "boosts" vs. slowly climbing each tree to unlock weapon types/etc you want to use.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
ME1 done, on to ME2!

I think I remember I was level 60 when I finished the game the first time, but only got 55 now. Did everything I could, finished all quests and think I found most/all things on every planet I could land on. Hacked all the boxes I could find as well.

Guessing it doesn't change much or anything not having the import character being 60.

Just did the intro of ME2 and it is remarkable how much better the gameplay feels in just the first few minutes. From the movement to the shooting. First one was clearly a remaster. While slightly updated it still showed from models to stiff gameplay/movement. ME2 instantly felt and looked like a game that could have been released today.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
ME1 done, on to ME2!

I think I remember I was level 60 when I finished the game the first time, but only got 55 now. Did everything I could, finished all quests and think I found most/all things on every planet I could land on. Hacked all the boxes I could find as well.

Guessing it doesn't change much or anything not having the import character being 60.

Just did the intro of ME2 and it is remarkable how much better the gameplay feels in just the first few minutes. From the movement to the shooting. First one was clearly a remaster. While slightly updated it still showed from models to stiff gameplay/movement. ME2 instantly felt and looked like a game that could have been released today.
ME2 had extremely good third person shooter controls for the time. It's one of the main reasons it's remembered so well.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
You weren't, that was NG+ territory.

Think you are right. I haven't played it since it came out so maybe remembering wrong. Never did a NG+ run. Read up on it now where it says it is possible to get to 60 in the first run, but that requires stopping and certain places to farm exp, never did that.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
ME1 done, on to ME2!

Did you play on insanity and what class did you play? Looking just for the most op build for ME 1 since I just did a play through in December. I hear classes are different in this mode.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Did you play on insanity and what class did you play? Looking just for the most op build for ME 1 since I just did a play through in December. I hear classes are different in this mode.

No, only did Veteran. Played Adept. I didn't want to linger in a sub-par game so to speak for too long. Still took me 31 hours. I do not think Adept is the most OP class that's for certain. Barrier refresh of bastion and attacking through stasis was very good, but if enemies charged me I died fast even on veteran. Not sure if that is viable at all on insanity.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TBH I am having a tough time driving the Mako. Anyone else? 🤔

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For anyone else new to series here is how each class works in 1, 2, and 3:

• 1Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The Mako in 1 was always trash. Game came out after Halo, with the best vehicle controls on the planet, and decided to do its own fail thing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I could use the ME1 mako like a surgeon wields a scalpel or Ossoi Ossoi sucks a cock. I never understood why so many people had trouble with it.

The later mako felt dumbed down.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users