Mass effect Remastered - Legendary Edition - 2021

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Jennifer Hale was a much more experienced voice actor than Mark Vanderloo. Nothing against him really, she just did a much better job with her lines.
Jennifer Hale is fine, but I just can't get behind the idea of a 120lb. female beating the shit out of and intimidating Krogans, Turians, etc. It's like Charlize Theron beating the shit out of 250 lb. Russians - fucking rofl.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Did the first mission and so far don't feel like Hale is doing any better voice wise. Pretty early though.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Jennifer Hale is fine, but I just can't get behind the idea of a 120lb. female beating the shit out of and intimidating Krogans, Turians, etc. It's like Charlize Theron beating the shit out of 250 lb. Russians - fucking rofl.
I've played some FemShep and Jennifer Hale is good, and I don't have to suspend my disbelief too much in a future with aliens and biotics but I don't hear this VAST quality difference between her and Mark Meer, who does a great job, too. I mean, She's good, and He's Shepard for me and everything else feels like pandering (she's "Canon" now and all that bullshit).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Lot of complaints on steam reviews about forced mouse acceleration, poor ultrawide support (pillarboxed cutscenes and dialogue), and poor graphics options. Combine that with the usual launcherception (steam launching origin to launch the game) and I think I'll hold off for a bit. Maybe wait for a sale.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Mark Meer is Commander Shepard not this Jennifer Hale nonsense.
Yes played both on 2 play throughs recently for every achievement. I like em both but Mark is my favorite.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
I restarted as a dude. I always played as a Soldier before and as a Vanguard in ME3. So want to try someting a bit different this time. Going to do Hardcore mode. The one under insanity. What are people's thoughts on Sentinel, Tech, Infiltrator, and Adept? Leaning towards Sentinel.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't think anyone can really answer that with the changes they talked about making for ME1. Pistol infiltrators were wrecking machines in 1 with near 100% uptime on both your abilities but no idea how they play now.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I actually didn't think Femshep was all that great in ME1 and preferred the male shep's delivery for most parts of the game. In ME2 and 3 the difference was quite starkly in favor of Femshep.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Never played a female Shepard and you guys saying they think its the default hero is making me curious. Might try a renegade hitler femshep play through. Not sure if I can still with girl shep though.
Play the gender you want. Jennifer Hale isn't delivering a next level experience that Mark Vanderloo can't match, she just did a great job.

I've played both sides, male shep is canon shep for me.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Don't think anyone can really answer that with the changes they talked about making for ME1. Pistol infiltrators were wrecking machines in 1 with near 100% uptime on both your abilities but no idea how they play now.
Good point. Was trying to find some input on fun classes. I think ill try Sentinel first. Get a bit of both.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can't speak to ME1 since the system was so vastly different, but for ME2 and 3, Sentinal and Straight up Biotic were safe options, just much more tedious particularly once you up the difficulty. Vanguard was pretty much a face roll in both games, up until the 6 Banshee bullshit right before the end of ME3 because of the ridiculous sync kill vacuum reach. If you were good at the game, infiltrator and techies were pretty damn amazing. In ME2 especially a sniper infiltrator is pretty godlike if you can line up headshots consistently, especially on the final boss in that game. ME3 just had a few fights where stealthing and positioning were impossible but I remember my Infiltrator playthrough being pretty effortless on Nightmare the last time I ran through ME3. Shotgun Tech was fun, but it is a ton of waiting on cooldowns. Lot of good story shortcuts for the techie though (forget the name of the class). I think if you just want to be all around versitile and good, Sentinal gives you tons of options.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
I played Infiltrator all 3 games originally, sucked in ME1 but more than made up for it in the sequels.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You didn't have to tell us this.
1621078207694.gif

• 7Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Good point. Was trying to find some input on fun classes. I think ill try Sentinel first. Get a bit of both.
I don't know how they changed ME1, but I'd recommend changing it up each game (presuming the game lets you).

ME1: Shooting shit, soldier or soldier hybrid is fine
ME2: Infiltrator + Jack to launch shit up with shockwave (only really helps on low/med difficulty)
ME3: Biotic / engineer, and use combo-squad mates for ultimate destruction.

You could probably mix up the above order, also worth spending some time as a charging vanguard somewhere.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
If you play at normal the combat is piss easy compared to modern games, I'm about 30% through ME1 - absolutely loving the immersive world, story building, characters, etc - and haven't had any issues. I haven't given a squad mate an order or anything since i'm too lazy to try.

Probably on harder difficulties I think stuff will matter a lot more but I just wanna breeze through the campaign on my first try. Visuals look good, playing on PS5 now and only minor issue I've noticed is a slight hitching when I get into a new zone and the game is auto saving, but the game is on my USB drive now and I may move it to SSD and see if that goes away. Could also just turn off auto save.