Matrix prequel trilogy in the works for 2017

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Well this certainly explains your shitty taste. I come to sites like this to avoid "real" critics because anyone that claims to actually have credentials to judge artistic merit is a tool. Art is subjective and any critique of art, no matter how many fake degrees are behind it, is simply an opinion.
But there are rules to critiquing art, man. For example, none of the good movies are ever made for people who speak English. That's like rules #1-5.

Szlia

But there are rules to critiquing art, man. For example, none of the good movies are ever made for people who speak English. That's like rules #1-5.
I checked our annual top 20 for the past 9 years: A little more than 13 english language movies in average (it's even around 10 for me who has the most eclectic taste of the bunch) and 6 out of the 9 winners (The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada - which made us change our voting system! - The New World, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, There Will Be Blood, Two Lovers and the very surprising The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans!).

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
the assassination of jesse james by the coward robert ford was amazing. but how you can consider yourself a devotee of the film industry and not have the king's speech in your top 20 movies of the past 9 years makes me think again that you're a lousy professor, or you just have lousy taste, or probably both.

Szlia

Well... I am not a professor and I have never seen The King's Speech. To add insult to injury only one of us put it in his top 20 for the year (at 18th) and that's the guy who sees 25 eligible movies a year! To add blasphemy to insult and injury, Immortals and The Beaver were in my top 20 that year! (Also a very sad year for me because I really did not like the movie that won: french art house movie L'Appolonide, my top pick for that year was another french movie L'Exercice de l'Etat aka The Minister)

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I have still never seen that Bad Lieutenant movie, I assumed that Nick Cage + 20+ years between the classic and the sequel = awful movie.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Well... I am not a professor and I have never seen The King's Speech. To add insult to injury only one of us put it in his top 20 for the year (at 18th) and that's the guy who sees 25 eligible movies a year! To add blasphemy to insult and injury, Immortals and The Beaver were in my top 20 that year! (Also a very sad year for me because I really did not like the movie that won: french art house movie L'Appolonide, my top pick for that year was another french movie L'Exercice de l'Etat aka The Minister)
thanks for providing proof that you and your friends are retards.

Szlia

I have still never seen that Bad Lieutenant movie, I assumed that Nick Cage + 20+ years between the classic and the sequel = awful movie.
I am still not sure if this movie is brilliantly awful or awfully brilliant but there is nothing quite like it! Cage's character hurt his back at the beginning of the movie and he takes an increasing amount of drugs and alcohol to try and dull the pain and as he does the movie becomes crazier and crazier to the point of pure WTF (two words: Iguana Cam). Werner Herzog knows a thing or two about filming characters (and actors!) that lose their mind!

an accordion_sl

shitlord
I am still not sure if this movie is brilliantly awful or awfully brilliant but there is nothing quite like it! Cage's character hurt his back at the beginning of the movie and he takes an increasing amount of drugs and alcohol to try and dull the pain and as he does the movie becomes crazier and crazier to the point of pure WTF (two words: Iguana Cam). Werner Herzog knows a thing or two about filming characters (and actors!) that lose their mind!
Huge derail but who fucking cares, what did you guys rate The Weather Man when it came out? Nicholas Cage movie that I watched for the first time last year and it's seriously fucking hilarious, probably in my top 20ish movies.

Can't believe there's no bluray of it.

iannis

Musty Nester
You should really see The Kings Speech.

I think it resonates even if you're not American/British. You don't even have to be in the mood to watch a movie like that. Just sit down, the movie itself will do that part of the heavy lifting.

Of course it might should be called "The Kings Speech Therapist". And in the age of the internet I didn't require the epilogue. But as far as solidly good movie go it is solidly good.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah, Weather Man is a good movie. Makes me sad that Nick Cage just does whatever it is he does now. Probably works at Wendy's or something.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I haven't watched all of those trilogies, but I disagree pretty strongly about Die Hard. The second one is the worst. Three is fucking awesome.
Concur. I liked 1, 2 was kinda meh but 3 was amazing(if 3 is the one with the german and gold from a bank etc).

Arakkis

N00b
Nick Cage can go fuck himself. He ruins every single movie he is in. I never want to see him in another one ever again.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
die hard 3 is pretty amazing. it certainly makes die hard 2 look like shit. although die hard 2 is only average on its own.