Matrix prequel trilogy in the works for 2017

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
The Star Trek "trilogy" is usually considered ST 2, 3 and 4---as those three movies all have their plots connected. But that is assuming 1,2, and 3. Which is wrong and the chart should feel bad.

On that note, this chart is obviously not relative between movies......because LOL at any Blade movie being better than Spiderman2 or X2.

Szlia

Blade II: Best Guillermo del Toro movie I saw by a significant margin (and I've seen them all but The Devil's Backbone).

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
People that hate Godfather 3 are the worst, theonlything that wasn't great was the casting.
i'm pretty sure you're the only person who actually LIKED godfather 3. i'd put godfather 3 up there with the matrix sequels in terms of how bad it was, and that is truly saying something.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
The Wrath of Khan doesn't get a full bar?

Graphic is invalid.
Graph is stupid because some of those arent even trilogies.

DieHard has 5
Alien has 4(or 5? fucking Prometheus)
Batman has 8? Those kinda confusing because no one actor aside from Bale played Batman 3 times and Bales was a reboot almost 20 years after the first
Star Trek has 5

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
godfather 3 is the reason why francis ford coppola stopped being talked about as a great director.
Coppola's hey day had long since passed when he released Godfather 3 1990. His 1980's output was mostly forgettable and his last critically acclaimed film was Apocalypse Now, which was released in 1979. His 70's output is still highly regarded.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Coppola's hey day had long since passed when he released Godfather 3 1990. His 1980's output was mostly forgettable and his last critically acclaimed film was Apocalypse Now, which was released in 1979. His 70's output is still highly regarded.
you dont consider The Outsiders a critically acclaimed movie? or Cotton Club or Tucker a Man and His Dream?

Caliane

Graph is stupid because some of those arent even trilogies.

DieHard has 5
Alien has 4(or 5? fucking Prometheus)
Batman has 8? Those kinda confusing because no one actor aside from Bale played Batman 3 times and Bales was a reboot almost 20 years after the first
Star Trek has 5
I can't believe you guys are still talking about that stupid chart..

He made the damn thing 5 years ago. how many times has it gone around the internet?
And this is what he had to say about it.
I know other movie geeks are going to have disagreements and that's fine. And yes, I know some of these movies went more than 3 sequels, but none were ever meant to.

These are rated purely on my enjoyment level of each film and nothing else. Frankly, I'm surprised by how many sequels were better than the original. And I'm not surprised that the 3rd movie is never the best.

Szlia

I can see how the mix of fantasy and spanish fascism is original and could be interesting, but sadly the film makes a mess of it all and it never grabbed me. Blade II is a lot less ambitious but it does very good job at being an entertaining B movie.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
While I liked Blade 1/2 overall, the absolute sissyness of the vampires is hard to get over. Touch them and they explode. Twilight vampires are more threatening. And then you get Blade 3, when an ordinary human girl is beating up vampires with her fists and finishing them off by giving them a paper cut that causes them to instantly explode. Pfffffft.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The extent of my knowledgte about twilight is that they sparkle. Still more badass than Blade vampires.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I can see how the mix of fantasy and spanish fascism is original and could be interesting, but sadly the film makes a mess of it all and it never grabbed me. Blade II is a lot less ambitious but it does very good job at being an entertaining B movie.
are you trolling or are you really that stupid?

Szlia

I have been maintaining since 2006 a little web site for my group of movie going friends (6 people) where we rate movies we see (yuk, meh and then 1 to 4 stars). I know people often seem enamored with Pan's Labyrinth so I confess I was semi-trolling when I mentioned my genuine taste for Blade II over it, but before doing so I went and re-checked the 2006 edition of our site and surely enough the five people who saw Pan's Labyrinth rated it at a single star.

Before you accuse us all of being stupid, I should mention all 6 of us have a background in film history, two of us are currently university professor in that field, three of us have been paid to write movie reviews at some point (including me), four of us have been publishing academic papers on the subject of movies and one of us is managing a film archive. That being said, we certainly become stupid when we eat out after seeing a lame movie together (the good movies are usually for the wives and girlfriends!).

iannis

Musty Nester
It's fairly obvious to anyone that has a memory you're involved somehow with film in a professional manner.

You really are always well spoken and obviously educated when discussing something to do with teh movies. No matter how dumb the movie is. LikePrometheusBlade.