May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

May users have a personal thread in the rickshaw?

• Yes

Votes: 271 66.6%
  • No

Votes: 136 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
That was actually what Soy was calling for earlier.

What I am calling for is you to pull your head out of your ass.

Not that I'm not in favor of outright banning him.

That should have occurred over two years ago at Rerolled in the first place though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I don't want anyone banned. My stance was always not banning or locking/moving shaw threads. Just shaw the offender and leave them in the shaw to post how they want.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I will agree with Hodj that the ignore feature isn't great. I actually preferred it at Rerolled, where it was very useful. It was extremely satisfying to see that posts were being made by users on my ignore list while continuing to deny them my attention. Feels good, man.

Here, though, not only are all traces of that poster gone (creating awkward conversations where their participation is invisible), but any threads that poster created don't appear, either. I actually do feel like I'm missing out on some stuff.

So I had to go back to ignoring users the way our ancestors did throughout history: By just not paying any attention to them. It's really not that hard.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
There is literally no case to be made that this smarmy piece of garbage shouldn't be, at minimum, thread banned from the Gamergate thread.

And, by the way, you ignore no one.

You just cower from them in the shaw and fling snark at them and then masturbate yourself to your own posts.

By your own admission, by the way.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I knew you were going to regret that post when you made it, btw.
Sorry, I was saying ban him instead of making stupid fucking rules to make a point that the creation of the rule was retarded. My personal position, however, is not to ban anyone(as it has always been). Shaw them and leave it at that.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Well then at this point you're just arguing for a permanent ban, which until he posts something illegal, isn't going to happen.

So sorry I guess.
I don't regret giving you my vote, Mario. While you missed an opportunity to overturn a bad mod call, you are being very level-headed about this overall.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Sorry, I was saying ban him instead of making stupid fucking rules to make a point that the creation of the rule was retarded. My personal position, however, is not to ban anyone(as it has always been). Shaw them and leave it at that.

I mean all I said was that you were, in fact, calling for his ban, and you did.

no

but an old forum i used to frequent had a banned user area, where all the people that were currently banned would commiserate. no one beyond themselves and the mods could see it. and it was a never broken code to divulge what was discussed there.

• 1Like

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I've also called for thread level bans for Tanoomba in the Gamergate thread.

Why was that never even considered? We have the power, why is it not being used?

It may. I'll be watching.

• 1Like

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I'm also not against the idea of using thread bans when appropriate but, to connect it to my previous post about effective punishment, we need to establish a clear and fair system.

In what circumstances should we consider banning someone from a particular thread?
Should we decide as a group what's considered thread-inappropriate behavior, or will we trust the mods to use their best judgment?
Should a thread ban only be issued after a poster has been warned and given a chance to change his behavior?
How long should a thread ban last?

Etc, etc. I think the only thing we know for sure is that Hodj should never be given any power whatsoever.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
MoonBrat and Jhodj are FoHs version of The Corsican Brothers. Makes total sense now.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
My personal position, however, is not to ban anyone(as it has always been).

Lets use a good example person from back when we switched to Rerolled: Mikhail Bakunin

Mikhail went into every thread and just started calling everyone names and attacking everyone, holding some pretty ridiculous positions. When shawed for it, he'd blow up the moderation team with report abuse and such.

Why shouldn't a person engaging in that type of behavior be banned?

How is that not toxic behavior in a community?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
There is literally no case to be made that this smarmy piece of garbage shouldn't be, at minimum, thread banned from the Gamergate thread.

And, by the way, you ignore no one.

You just cower from them in the shaw and fling snark at them and then masturbate yourself to your own posts.

By your own admission, by the way.

I believe the burden falls on the other shoulder in a free and just society.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I hope Tuco is taking notes, his attempts to play Amods a Troll were always pathetic and half hearted. This is how you are supposed to rock that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.