[CITE: 21CFR169.140]

TITLE 21--FOOD AND DRUGS
CHAPTER I--FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
SUBCHAPTER B--FOOD FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
PART 169 -- FOOD DRESSINGS AND FLAVORINGS

Subpart B--Requirements for Specific Standardized Food Dressings and Flavorings

Sec. 169.140 Mayonnaise.
(a)Description. Mayonnaise is the emulsified semisolid food prepared from vegetable oil(s), one or both of the acidifying ingredients specified in paragraph (b) of this section, and one or more of the egg yolk-containing ingredients specified in paragraph (c) of this section. One or more of the ingredients specified in paragraph (d) of this section may also be used. The vegetable oil(s) used may contain an optional crystallization inhibitor as specified in paragraph (d)(7) of this section. All the ingredients from which the food is fabricated shall be safe and suitable. Mayonnaise contains not less than 65 percent by weight of vegetable oil. Mayonnaise may be mixed and packed in an atmosphere in which air is replaced in whole or in part by carbon dioxide or nitrogen.

(b)Acidifying ingredients. (1) Any vinegar or any vinegar diluted with water to an acidity, calculated as acetic acid, of not less than 21/2percent by weight, or any such vinegar or diluted vinegar mixed with an optional acidifying ingredient as specified in paragraph (d)(6) of this section. For the purpose of this paragraph, any blend of two or more vinegars is considered to be a vinegar.

(2) Lemon juice and/or lime juice in any appropriate form, which may be diluted with water to an acidity, calculated as citric acid, of not less than 21/2percent by weight.

(c)Egg yolk-containing ingredients. Liquid egg yolks, frozen egg yolks, dried egg yolks, liquid whole eggs, frozen whole eggs, dried whole eggs, or any one or more of the foregoing ingredients listed in this paragraph with liquid egg white or frozen egg white.
Miracle Whip fails to meet the 65% oil requirement. HFCS is also added for sweetening. Miracle Whip also fails to use lemon juice, the traditional acidulant. Mayo is the superior product. Make your own.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
Meh, I use both. Mayo + ketchup = french fries dip, and use mayo on steakums and cheesesteaks. Miracle whip on a fried egg sandwhich, tuna fish salads, and my favorite, the peanut butter banana and miracle whip sandwhich! People gag, I love it.

schwein

Trakanon Raider
mayo is better for recipes but, if i am putting something sandwich and i have a choice it is miracle whip. overall give me some fucking mustard.
rrr_img_73509.jpg

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Miracle Whip fails to meet the 65% oil requirement. HFCS is also added for sweetening. Miracle Whip also fails to use lemon juice, the traditional acidulant. Mayo is the superior product. Make your own.
Miracle Whip never claimed to be "mayo" -- it's just a dressing. That being said, I prefer mayo for fries and some things. But on a sandwich, gimme da Miracle Whip. And I'll take chipotle mayo over both in most cases.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
This.... Looks like we have more who hate both than like either around here. That means the world if right.
/brofist

Dr Mario_sl said:
what kind of faggot hates mayo?
I don't know if I hate it, necessarily. I just don't much like it. The main problem is that most restaurants, whether fast food or sit-down, are completely irresponsible with it. If they could be trusted to put just a wee little bit on there, fine, I can deal with that. But it seems like North Americans in general have managed to dull their taste buds with their constant consumption of shitty food that they have to absolutely DUMP mayo and other condiments in massive quantities on everything.

I feel much the same about most other condiments, and even salad dressing. When I get Subway, I have to go out of my way to say "yeah, just a little bit of mustard please. And I mean as little as you can put. Just a teeny bit!" Because if you just say "a little mustard please" they'll grab the bottle, squeeze as hard as they can, and go back and forth over it 5 fucking times. And even then it's 50/50 that I end up with a sandwich that leaks mustard out the back as I'm eating it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I've never had miracle whip.
frown.png
I need to see what the fuss is about.

I fucking love mustard.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Vinyard, you disgust me.

I don't love mayo, but I definitely prefer it over Miracle Whip.