Microwave Cuisine

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sometimes I just don't want, or have the time, to cook real food. I figure I'm not the only one.

So lately I've been nuking Tyson Spicy Chicken Breast Fillets. Stop it ~30 seconds early and put a slice of cheddar on top of it, melt that shit up, add alittleranch, and eat that shit on a burger bun. Sometimes add a little bacon(also microwaveable!) to up the deliciousness quotient.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Dude you are the Emeril of Microwave cuisine over here. Thread title made me laugh.

They stopped carrying them around here, but Stouffer's had some Chicken Broccoli sandwich thing.. so good

Can't go wrong with Pizza Rolls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I'm going to be that guy...

Why not make extra large portions for dinner and then microwave the leftovers another day?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why not get the fuck out!?

More seriously, why not make a thread about eating economically? I'm a big fan of the GIANT TUB OF CHILI method. Can freeze that shit and use it forever. But that's not what this thread is for=P

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah, I'm going to be that guy...

Why not make extra large portions for dinner and then microwave the leftovers another day?
I do that a lot, but there are some days when you don't even want to get off the couch and even getting to the microwave exerts any strength you had left in your body.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I made Chicken Kiev three days ago, I'm still eating leftovers happily.
smile.png

smile.png

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The Stouffer's Paninis are pretty good, for microwave stuff. I mean, the chicken is still rubbery, but at least it kinda does actually "Grill" in the microwave as claimed.

Also, the Stouffer's French Bread Pizzas, while not completely microwave (it does require a toaster oven for microwave prep), are pretty excellent as well.

The one thing that I am fucking ashamed of however, is my conditioning over the last 25 years of cooking corn dogs in the microwave is that I actually prefer them soggy and terrible over the "real" corn dogs you'd get at the fair or something that are crisp. I keep telling myself with every box I buy that "I'm gonna cook these in the oven and actually enjoy them this time," but the lure of a 45 second meal always wins.
frown.png

frown.png

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Can't go wrong with Pizza Rolls
Pizza Rolls in the microwave are a fucking travesty and a soft, soggy, mushy excuse for food. You're a terrible person if you cook those in the microwave.

The one thing that I am fucking ashamed of however, is my conditioning over the last 25 years of cooking corn dogs in the microwave is that I actually prefer them soggy and terrible over the "real" corn dogs you'd get at the fair or something that are crisp. I keep telling myself with every box I buy that "I'm gonna cook these in the oven and actually enjoy them this time," but the lure of a 45 second meal always wins.
Everything I said about pizza rolls applies to corn dogs as well. You're a terrible person, but at least you have the decency to admit your shame.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I miss mexican pizza rolls. They were the shit. Though I just went to the site and saw they have "cheesy taco", is that the same thing?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Everything I said about pizza rolls applies to corn dogs as well. You're a terrible person, but at least you have the decency to admit your shame.
Oh, I know dude, it's fucking awful.

I know I have a problem, and my only solution is the state fair every year. I'm too weak to help myself.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Or you could make them in the oven so they turn out good, that's what I do...not corn dogs, I can only get those at the State Fair, Pizza Rolls though int eh oven....as well as Bagle Bites? Nomnomnom.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with a frozen burrito slathered in sriracha. Minute and a half in the microwave, then put the sriracha on and finish off for the last 30 seconds.

Tasty

fris

Vyemm Raider
can of tomato soup. nuke. add slice of cheese, preferably swiss, nuke more. sprinkle seasoning on top.

frozen burritos. 2-3 on a plate. nuke, flip, nuke more. add sliced Velveeta on top. nuke more. salsa over the top. mmmm

Or you could make them in the oven so they turn out good, that's what I do...not corn dogs, I can only get those at the State Fair, Pizza Rolls though int eh oven....as well as Bagle Bites? Nomnomnom.
Microwave pizza rolls are also either still frozen or thermonuclear. As for the corndogs, i have a small deep fryer that makes frozen corn dogs the shit. your mouth will thank you, your heart tho? not so much

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Microwave pizza rolls are also either still frozen or thermonuclear.
This is the ever-present danger of pizza rolls from the oven. Although incredibly delicious, each bite is Russian Roulette with scalding hot squirts of sauce that result in days of scar tissue in your mouth and dead taste buds.

I've become pretty good at avoiding these squirts of death, however. I generally take a small bite out of one corner of the pizza roll and squeeze the roll slightly to push out the built-up heat. This usually prevents the burst of boiling sauce when you go for the first big bite.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I eat nuked pizza rolls when I'm impatient. Because I'm impatient.

Also the trick with death lava rolls is to nibble off 2 corners and blow through that bitch like a kazoo.