Minecraft

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
We should do a yearly RR minecraft server so we can all play at the same time.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Personally I like either a FTB full out modded SMP server, or a bare bones Vanilla server. Not a fan of currency systems on my Vanillas.
tongue.png

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Did anyone ever save the maps for our creative server? That one was awesome, too.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
We should do a yearly RR minecraft server so we can all play at the same time.
It's about time for me to halfway finish something yet again, so I'm in!

If someone (or a couple of someones) wants to take responsibility for actually running the thing, I don't mind paying for the hosting if we're talking somewhere in the $25/month range. That looks like it would handle 45'ish players or so, which should be plenty. Of course, if I'm paying I'd want it to be an FTB server, not vanilla, so take that into consideration.

Regardless of who pays, perhaps a discussion about things like currency, mods, etc. would be a good idea. I don't even know everything that is available anymore.

Vitality

HUSTLE
FTB Servers require substantially more resources than Vanilla, as a reference point here for anyone considering the logistics.

If donations are required pm me.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I vote Vanilla with bare minimum mods. No currency pls. You gotta mine dat shit.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I just realized I don't even know what is included with vanilla anymore either.

I could try a vanilla server I suppose, if that is the way the wind blew. It does sort of just turn into a "how fast can I get quarries going" thing with FTB, so maybe having to actually mine the shit could be fun again.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Vanilla (the default version of the game) basically just has redstone circuits. None of the logistics pipe/power generator complexity of FTB.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
How is the official MC realms service I wonder. I know it doesn't handle a large amount of concurrent connections, but I'm wondering how reliable the service is.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I can't stand vanilla, and now I have my modded DW20 working (though without Mekanism which makes me sad) I'll be grabbing a server once I test on server at home to make sure that things like quarries and farms will continue to work while I'm logged off (with or without a chunkloader). If they do work that way then I'll likely whitelist a few people here on it, though it won't be pvp and will kill anyone that griefs other people
tongue.png

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
The only Technic pack server we made was ruined in like 5 days. Spawn was just a abyssal waste of devoured resources. All your land is belong to brekkCon International.

It was sadly synonymous to the real world. We just made a massive amount of automated drills and quarries raping the earth.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The only Technic pack server we made was ruined in like 5 days. Spawn was just a abyssal waste of devoured resources. All your land is belong to brekkCon International.

It was sadly synonymous to the real world. We just made a massive amount of automated drills and quarries raping the earth.
The FTB server we did wasn't bad. Quarries were only allowed in the quarry world.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I can't stand vanilla, and now I have my modded DW20 working (though without Mekanism which makes me sad) I'll be grabbing a server once I test on server at home to make sure that things like quarries and farms will continue to work while I'm logged off (with or without a chunkloader). If they do work that way then I'll likely whitelist a few people here on it, though it won't be pvp and will kill anyone that griefs other people
tongue.png
Unless things have changed, once you log off nothing will happen unless you have chunkloaders. I'm sure there are ways to set things as loaded with admin mods and the like, but barring that, you need chunkloaders.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The guy who makes the Twilight Forest has seriously fagged up that mod by adding enforced progression complete with debuffs and detrimental effects should you try and stray from the chosen path (Read, you need to kill bosses in a specific order to gain free access to certain biomes now). Which, in a randomly generated world, is surprisingly easy to do.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
Unless things have changed, once you log off nothing will happen unless you have chunkloaders. I'm sure there are ways to set things as loaded with admin mods and the like, but barring that, you need chunkloaders.
Yeah I'm fine with having to use chunkloaders (or ender-thermic pump and ender quarries), I just want a way to keep farming mats and my farm running without having to keep my main pc on 24/7 and staying logged in afk