Minecraft

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
So I'm setting up my very first nether lava pump. Will the following work:

Pump to Nether Ender Tank to overworld Ender Tank piped to whatever lava power system I have.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Yup. And the ender tank has an internal buffer of 16 buckets. Also, there is no inherent loss like the liquid tesseract has.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Don't forget your chunk loader. I typically use a pump, 4 redstone engines, a liquid tesseract and chunk loader to pump from the nether.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I thought I heard something about pumps having chunk loaders built into them now? Although that would be a really cheap way of building a chunk loader now that I think about it, so perhaps I'm wrong on that.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
The new, Enderthermionic pump from Extra Utitlites is a chunk loader + pump built into 1, and it also pumps the lava correct doesn't leave behind flowing lava at all.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
I thought I heard something about pumps having chunk loaders built into them now? Although that would be a really cheap way of building a chunk loader now that I think about it, so perhaps I'm wrong on that.
quarries chunk load themselves but never heard about pumps doing it.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hey Cam,

We want to bring on another guy and do a reset to fix the issues with FTB and extra biomes (and no The End) in our current world. Were talking about starting over and dumping a few mods and upgrading the host (by a lot).

I want to install Galacticraft. Im just not sure if its compatible. Im at work now but a wipe might be coming to fix a lot of the issues with our first world.

Edit

If there's anything you want to see added or removed let me know.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Has anyone who is playing the Direwolf20 1.5.2 version run across an issue where Emeralds appear to not be populated in the worldgen? With all the digging that I have done + 5 quarries I have never seen one emerald. I had to go out and trade wheat to a villager to get one for a recipe.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Has anyone who is playing the Direwolf20 1.5.2 version run across an issue where Emeralds appear to not be populated in the worldgen? With all the digging that I have done + 5 quarries I have never seen one emerald. I had to go out and trade wheat to a villager to get one for a recipe.
It's only suppose to generate in Extreme Hills or Extreme Hills Edge biomes. Try looking there.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Well then that's the issue. I took out the biomes o plenty mod and replaced it with XLBiomes. Oh well, I am pretty much placing the world I have on hold until the 1.6 modpack gets released anyways.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Those are both Vanilla biomes so they should be in your world. Part of the problem with BoP/Extra Biomes though is because of the abundance of additional biomes it will make vanilla biomes rarer which will in turn make emeralds harder to find since you'll have to spend time hunting for a much less common biome.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Ya, I am not too worried about it because I have a massive wheat farm and there are 3 or 4 villages close to my base with villagers that trade wheat for emeralds. The major reason I would need emeralds i if I was planning on screwing aroud with Mystcraft to buy pages but I will wait till 1.6 comes out for that.

Azziane_sl

shitlord
Is Urlithani's and Friday's servers one and the same? I think I want to get back into this (although I only ever played Tekkit, not FTB) and wondering if there are any Rerolled SMP options currently still available.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is it bad to void pipe all my cobble from my quarry? Does it make me a bad person?

Menion_sl

shitlord
I typically use deep storage containers for sand, dirt, cobble initially and then end up dumping them when I have a couple hundred thousand of them and no longer have a need for those resources. However, with the new version of AE you can use a ME Condenser to make Quantum singularities which allow you connect ME systems away from your base. So there is a good use for all that cobble.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
Quarries must be what I was thinking of. That would make sense. Thanks Cam.
Welcome bro!

Hey Cam,

We want to bring on another guy and do a reset to fix the issues with FTB and extra biomes (and no The End) in our current world. Were talking about starting over and dumping a few mods and upgrading the host (by a lot).

I want to install Galacticraft. Im just not sure if its compatible. Im at work now but a wipe might be coming to fix a lot of the issues with our first world.

Edit

If there's anything you want to see added or removed let me know.
Wipe away hehe Only mods I really give a shit about are Applied Energestics, Tinkers construct, Arse Magica, portal guns, and all the bee stuff. Anything more than that is a boon to me hehe.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Is it bad to void pipe all my cobble from my quarry? Does it make me a bad person?
One night right after I had set up my ME storage I went to bed and woke up to 92k cobble clogging my system. Now I've got it set up to keep 1k cobble in the system and void the rest. God knows how many hundreds of thousands of blocks I've voided.

In short, yes, we are very bad people.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I know lol. I died last night and I got banned from my own server. Will reroll it today while im at work to reset the server properties.