Miscellaneous Reality TV

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
glad to hear AMC is cancelling most of its reality shows to focus on scripted shows
AMC Cancels All Unscripted Series Except Talking Dead and Comic Book Men - IGN

scripted shows have been on a huge comeback the last few years, I think they are at the strongest right now with probably a dozen that are really, really, really good and another two dozen that are pretty good.

i watch all those dancing and singing shows cuz my wife loves em i just like looking at the hot chicks flashing their panties

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
btw i saw the pilot for Resort Rescue or whatever its called on Travel Channel. its rubbish, they have a good thing going with Hotel Impossible, i dunno why they felt the need to take Hotel Impossible off its normal monday 10pm timeslot and shoehorn it into tuesday nights and make it the lead-in for this resort rescue shit. its basically some pompous english douche going around to american hotels, sets up a bunch of spy cameras and films some staged looking fuckups by staff and then shows the footage to the hotelowner everything for some staged looking reaction shots. its terrible and it feels lazy as fuck. when i watch Hotel Impossible the host gives off this vibe of energy and organization that makes you feel like he knows what the fuck he is doing and will turn their dump hotel around.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
i watch all those dancing and singing shows cuz my wife loves em i just like looking at the hot chicks flashing their panties
Except for the wife part, this is mostly why I watch. You are almost guaranteed that even if a chick has a horse face, she's going to have a fantastic body. There was a season or two a ways back where I actually paid attention to some of the male dancers because they struck me as dancing how a man should (strong, powerful, etc.), but for the most part the dudes on the show are little sissy boys and I just fast forward through until I get to the hot chicks. And then fast forward through most of the comments/praise/self-promotion, and a two hour show takes less than half an hour usually.

Some of those chicks are ungodly hot though, so I'll probably keep watching. Usually not much else on during the summer anyway.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
They really only let the stupid white boys who do lyrical through, rare exceptions are the Asian ballet and twitch, I hate lyrical

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i watch this punkin chunkin show every year and i still feel slightly ashamed that i look forward to it. also kari byron looks so good.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why am I still watching Hell's Kitchen?
frown.png

And why do they get the most godforsaken ugly contestants on that show.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i just finished watching the season finale of Brad Melzer's Lost History. its made in the style of that old America's Most Wanted tv show. each week melzer comes on profiles a bunch of lost or stolen historical items, then the next week they showcase new missing items and then they run updates on the previous weeks items based on tips sent in from viewers. the whole season. not one fucking thing was found. great concept, but ultimately this was a waste of time and i doubt this show will get a second season.

correction, nothing was officially found, but apparently somebody returned the missing ground zero flag from 9/11, but it wasnt confirmed.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The shows I watch.

So you think you can dance:

The show is getting fairly predictable now. The thing me and my wife have noticed is how the fun routines that seemed really good get criticism and the routines where you can clearly see mistakes get heavy praise. I especially love it when a judge accidentally leaks out who is going on before the results are read. Nigel has done this a few times. The guests they bring in sometimes judge better than the judges do, otherwise the guests might as well be the audience.

Hell's Kitchen:

I used to watch this until it became 95% drama and 5% cooking.

Top Chef:

I went to this show because it seemed to have a better format for cooking. I have to DVR it though because of this stupid time filling technique they now do with a lot of the reality shows. Really hate this whole "Lets preview what you are about to watch after the commercial and then review what you just watched before the commercial" bullshit they do. I am not a goddamn goldfish. If you remove the commercials and that crap the show is 15 minutes long. It seems to be the format now for all reality shows.

Fast and Loud:

This show is hit and miss. Like everyone has said, if they concentrate on the buying refurbishing and selling of the cars, it can be a nice show to watch. When they get into the drama aspect of it too much, I just change the channel.

Antique's Road Show:

Surprised this one has not been mentioned. It still is a fun show to watch and does not follow a lot of the drama scripting that other reality shows do. This show has been a round for a long time and has not changed all that much. I love seeing how value is associated with an item. An example would be a 16th century wooden box, about the size of a small show box ,that looks the age going for 10-12k. I just laugh and think if I had the box I would gladly sell it for 10k.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Been watching antiques roadshow for almost 20 years. Yeah the show has a format that works and are sticking with it. They recently a feature to their reruns where in an old episode if an item appraised at x price in 1999 the show will update that with the price that same appraises for today. Sometimes the the item appraises for much more, sometimes it retains its value and sometime it loses value, dramatically. The best is the sound effect they dub in for the price drop.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The only reality TV I watch was Bar Rescue and Guys Grocery Games. Love both of them.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Impractical Jokers is by far my favorite. I never get tired of the gags they come up with for each other to do.

Amazing Race. Even if the contestants are annoying ass-holes, I just love the locales they travel to.

Pawn Stars I like mainly because of learning facts I never knew before.

Cutthroat Kitchen is my new favorite cooking reality show. I just cant wait to see what evil stuff Alton Brown thinks up next for people to deal with. Used to love Top Chef but I feel it has become stale and I am sick of the judges really.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I watch Railroad Alaska. It's guilty pleasure of mine. If I was more of a jack of all trades type of person I would definitely like to live "off-grid".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've been watching 60 Days in Atlanta. It's entertaining enough.

I find it hilarious that guards don't even bother to break up the fights in the woman's prison. It's just all weave pullin' and face slappin'

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I've been watching 60 Days in Atlanta. It's entertaining enough.

I find it hilarious that guards don't even bother to break up the fights in the woman's prison. It's just all weave pullin' and face slappin'
it might be better to let them fight than interfere in it. you get in the middle of those wildcats and you probably end up scratched up and sued for abusing women. fuck that shit. let them bitches kill each other.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Naked and Afraid is a guilty pleasure of mine. (especially when the team doesn't get along and the chick is cute and has a phatty)