Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
No, I understand that I must have gotten there later than I thought. But looking at things from the day, and random pictures are telling a slightly different story. I'll just buy another ticket to see it again.

But that doesn't explain the movie starting at 7:00 and ending at 8:45.

You're on to something big here.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If he's not careful and doesn't stop digging in to this, he's going to end up with two steelbooks to the back of the head.

Fucker

Log Wizard
have you ever considered you and your party were abducted and anally probed by aliens for an hour before being returned to the theater?
That's absurd.

You ALL are missing the obvious explanation.

The rotation of the Earth naturally made him pass into a new time zone slot; this happens every hour on the hour. All watches are built to accomodate this, so obviously his watch is broken.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Anyway, badass movie. I can't believe how much of a machine Cruise is. Excellent movie after excellent movie for decades.

Also, fuck me. The first Mission Impossible movie came out 27 years ago.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Saw this today.

was great but long, maybe 3 hours idk. The kind of movie that goes really fast but alas was close to 3 hours. No stop action, you almost got the sense you could lose yourself and think it was 1 hour and 45 min run time. It was that good…

• 7Worf
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 7 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I watched it a second time today. Tuesday is their "discount ticket" day. The first time I saw it, tickets were $26. Today they were $14 for the same theater.

And yeah, I missed a whole lot compared to this time. I'm glad I went to see it again.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
Jesus man Regal theaters charge 5 or 6 dollars to see a movie on tuesday.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Welcome to Hawaii. Everything costs more here.
And yeah, I had a realization about my movie experience the first time. This theater has 2 giant screens. When I came in, I told the ticket guy I was late, so he pointed at the one screen. Turns out I my Movie was really on the other. The one I went into started much earlier.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Welcome to Hawaii. Everything costs more here.
And yeah, I had a realization about my movie experience the first time. This theater has 2 giant screens. When I came in, I told the ticket guy I was late, so he pointed at the one screen. Turns out I my Movie was really on the other. The one I went into started much earlier.
shit, so not aliens abduction? Musicforfish was all ready to have you guest on his What If YouTube channel and Joe Rogan was calling for a 2 hour interview.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so I've decided "action" movies aren't my thing anymore. Next..

• 1Picard
  • 1Pathetic

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Go watch the Japanese film Departures. It's not even close to action.

The trailer makes it look like a wacky comedy. It isn't. It'll fuck you up.

spronk

FPS noob
at least kojima san liked it

"I saw "Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One" in IMAX. The film was directed and written by Christopher McQuarrie, who continued his work from "Rogue Nation. Like 007, I am a big fan of this kind of spy action! Rebecca Ferguson sniping with an eye patch over her left eye made me swoon. There were no new situations or ideas in the action itself, but the action was sharp and Tom himself "made the impossible possible," so the sense of realism was excellent! I can't believe that this was filmed during the Corona Disaster! Tom's love for cinema is truly inspiring."

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
at least kojima san liked it

"I saw "Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part One" in IMAX. The film was directed and written by Christopher McQuarrie, who continued his work from "Rogue Nation. Like 007, I am a big fan of this kind of spy action! Rebecca Ferguson sniping with an eye patch over her left eye made me swoon. There were no new situations or ideas in the action itself, but the action was sharp and Tom himself "made the impossible possible," so the sense of realism was excellent! I can't believe that this was filmed during the Corona Disaster! Tom's love for cinema is truly inspiring."
But how does he feel about The Last Samurai?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's a real shame this is underperforming so much. I really thought it would break out but I guess it feels like more of the same to many (which I can understand). Like Kojima said, no new situations or ideas. They just execute the formula very well.

• 2Like

Juvarisx

Florida
It's a real shame this is underperforming so much. I really thought it would break out but I guess it feels like more of the same to many (which I can understand). Like Kojima said, no new situations or ideas. They just execute the formula very well.

They should have just released on July 4 week. ITs too fucking hot out in the majority of the US, should it would have done fine. Instead they released it a week before it would get punted off IMAX for Oppenheimer and a movie people take kids to see (Barbie), and goign to the movies is fucking expensive now so people have to choose.

They got scared of Indy though and waited and that as a dumb mistake.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Anyway, badass movie. I can't believe how much of a machine Cruise is. Excellent movie after excellent movie for decades.

Also, fuck me. The first Mission Impossible movie came out 27 years ago.
Dudes been trying to kill himself for our entertainment for 27 years.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We went to the Sunday 6:15 show and the theater was sold out. It was just one of the side smaller screens though so not like a packed IMAX. Was still surprised though.

I wish it was doing better also but not sure it really impacts much. There’s gotta be a 0% chance Part 2 doesn’t get made and Tom has said this is the end.

We both really enjoyed it and rewatching all the precious movies the last month helped add a little to that. It was engaging enough to keep an 8 month pregnant wife in the seat and not going to the bathroom every 20 minutes. That’s gotta mean something.

• 1Like