Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

Fucker

Log Wizard
It absolutely does not because the action is laughable and preposterous. Swimming to replace giant novelty ID cards in an underwater fault while having a giant color coded oxygen meter on your forearm so your 72 IQ audience can follow the laughable barebones plot?? Its nonsense.

I thought they were pretty boring. I say this as a motorcycle rider myself.

You pretty much have to suspend every ounce of disbelief when watching these movies.

They are worth watching for the stunts alone. Tom Cruise is a crazy Scientologist, but no one will ever accuse him of not having balls of forged titanium.

erwt42tr.jpg
542.jpg
dwqe.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
You pretty much have to suspend every ounce of disbelief when watching these movies.

They are worth watching for the stunts alone. Tom Cruise is a crazy Scientologist, but no one will ever accuse him of not having balls of forged titanium.

View attachment 301401View attachment 301399View attachment 301400

Nah, thats the common copout for movies. But you shouldnt have to "suspend disbelief" because the plot is a total nonsensical mess with nonsense motivations, nonsense decisions and nonsense outcomes.

The type of movie establishes a certain ruleset for the world that you expect in the movie, if it consistently breaks that ruleset then its garbage. It's like watching a sports match where players (actors) just make up their own rules and refs (viewers) just go along with it. I can suspend disbelief when something fantastic happens but stays within the rules of the world. You shouldn't have to suspend disbelief just because the screenwriters want to cburn out these turds every 5 years with zero plot and only 3-5 action pieces strung together as a "movie"

Take the ending for example: why is it so contrived? Why does Cruise have to lure Solomon Lane into some underground sewer where he literally drops a man sized plastic box that traps Lane like its some Looney Tunes cartoon? Imagine just how nonsensical it has to be for Lane to end up in that 1 place, so Cruise can lure him in and Lane to fall for it? Why does Lane even jump down into this sewer when the movie shows that he can clearly shoot him through the opening? And then all 4 of them (including Benji) dramatically stand on each side of the box and dramatically fill it up with knockout gas even though Benji was just strapped to 2 lbs of Semtex not even 5 minutes ago?

Just how much disbelief I have to suspend?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Nah, thats the common copout for movies. But you shouldnt have to "suspend disbelief" because the plot is a total nonsensical mess with nonsense motivations, nonsense decisions and nonsense outcomes.

The type of movie establishes a certain ruleset for the world that you expect in the movie, if it consistently breaks that ruleset then its garbage. It's like watching a sports match where players (actors) just make up their own rules and refs (viewers) just go along with it. I can suspend disbelief when something fantastic happens but stays within the rules of the world. You shouldn't have to suspend disbelief just because the screenwriters want to cburn out these turds every 5 years with zero plot and only 3-5 action pieces strung together as a "movie"

Take the ending for example: why is it so contrived? Why does Cruise have to lure Solomon Lane into some underground sewer where he literally drops a man sized plastic box that traps Lane like its some Looney Tunes cartoon? Imagine just how nonsensical it has to be for Lane to end up in that 1 place, so Cruise can lure him in and Lane to fall for it? Why does Lane even jump down into this sewer when the movie shows that he can clearly shoot him through the opening? And then all 4 of them (including Benji) dramatically stand on each side of the box and dramatically fill it up with knockout gas even though Benji was just strapped to 2 lbs of Semtex not even 5 minutes ago?

Just how much disbelief I have to suspend?

This is literally how Mission Impossible movies are (elaborate plot/action to achieve one thing), which goes along with what you said about world building and establishing rulesets.

You seem so angry today, lol.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This is literally how Mission Impossible movies are (elaborate plot/action to achieve one thing), which goes along with what you said about world building and establishing rulesets.

You seem so angry today, lol.

There is literally no world where an underwater data storage facility with giant novelty computer chips sticking out of walls straight into the water would be believable in any way.

That is an Austin Powers world where this sort of thing you can accept as a tongue-in-cheek spoof, not a Mission Impossible world