Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2015)

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I guess when you're Tom Cruise at some point you need that next high to remind you of living. Fuck that shit.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
If I could get paid to do the stunts that he's doing, I would absolutely try them. It just seems like a really interesting existence.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man, I love Tom Cruise. Nuttier than a fruitcake but the guy is awesome outside of that. Hopefully his reports of leaving the church aren't a PR stunt for the movie and he actually does.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The church is in cahoots with most of Hollywood. It wouldn't be a PR stunt that they'd allow

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't say it's the best Mission Impossible but I really enjoyed it. Hard to top the Dubai tower from last time. Felt like they were taking a leaf out of Quantum's book with the Opera.
Good car chase, fucking love the purr of that M3 and some Vice City bike treatment. Don't think I've seen the villain in much else but he had the right look for the character and pulled off the role well.
Thumbs up, buying on Blu-ray.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Looks like they've done away with posters all together.

iyXC7qh.jpg

Just got back from the movie and edited my post so that the image wasn't HUGE any longer.
My first reaction is wow, that movie was awesome. The action was very intense, and those chase scenes... Whew, beautiful.

Say what you want about Tom Cruise, but that man is a great actor and it shows in his movies. Definitely entertaining.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I saw it last night, and really enjoyed it. Didn't seem like a two and a half hour movie either. I don't know whether or not I'd rate it higher than Avengers 2 or Ant-Man, probably not as high as Kingsman, and certainly not higher than Mad Max, but it is up there in that 2-5 region easily. Unless you really hate these kinds of movies, I think most normal people will enjoy it quite a bit.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Saw it last night. Pretty damned good flick with tons of action. One gripe was that

In Morocco, there are ZERO people wandering around during the motorcycle chase.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Was an awesome action packed movie with bits of humor thrown in. All together an A+ movie.

My only gripe:

At the end when the Sindicate boss is in the bullet proof box. Wouldn't his shots have ricocheted and killed him?

Xevy

Log Wizard
8/10 maybe. It was a decent movie, but I think I predicted every single part that was supposed to be suspenseful or a surprise. One thing I was wrong about was:

I figured the first bank code worth 50 million was a tracer and that's how he'd nab Layne. Was wrong about that

To be a nit-picking nerd, during the water scene he could have just had a bladder full of extra air with him. Doesn't have to be huge.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
To be a nit-picking nerd, during the water scene he could have just had a bladder full of extra air with him. Doesn't have to be huge.
I was trying to build a carbon fiber tank mentally during that scene. They already have ridiculous scifi tech, why not that? Outside of a spring in the regulator, what else would need to be metal?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, he's been doing his own insane stunts for quite some time. the cliff jumping from mi2 takes the cake for me, though.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I was trying to build a carbon fiber tank mentally during that scene. They already have ridiculous scifi tech, why not that? Outside of a spring in the regulator, what else would need to be metal?
Haha, my wife and I had that same conversation on the way home today. Its a small thing but kind of just stood out against the backdrop of the fantastical technology. The only other griped (and I use that extremely losely, maybe it is just a question):

Did they establish that the Syndicate was having financial or resource issues? I know $2bn+ is a shit ton of money, but the drive containing only info about bank accounts seemed kind of dumb. I mean if they can coordinate large scale events globally and support regime change, etc... Seemed like they were doing alright for themselves.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
The motorcycle scenes were actually quite good compared to MI:2 where he literally flys with his motorcycle on wires in a scene. I have read a lot that Tom loves to ride motorcycles and tries to make sure he puts one into movies he does if he can help it.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
There was practically nothing in this movie that sticks in my mind two days later.

It still may have topped Ultron for my #2 movie of the year. This is no Mad Max, but check it out nonetheless.