MLB 2013 season

supertouch_sl

shitlord
where do you think hamilton will end up?

most of the contracts so far are pretty ridiculous. the napoli and uehara signings are the only reasonable ones.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can't believe the Twins got nothing for Denard Span but got a #3 pitcher and a prospect for Ben Revere.

Also, the Twins now have zero lead off hitters.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Makes me think had they waited for the string of CFs to sign before dealing Span they probably could have received more.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just don't get how Span commands so little no matter what the market is, he's a top 10, possibly 5 lead of hitter.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
As long as Hamilton doesn't end up in Cincy I couldn't care less. Locker room poison that man is.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I just don't get how Span commands so little no matter what the market is, he's a top 10, possibly 5 lead of hitter.
I think you're overrating him a bit. I agree he's a top 10 CF but I think that comes more from his defense.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think you're overrating him a bit. I agree he's a top 10 CF but I think that comes more from his defense.
He's great in the field, but in terms of his OB% and ability to walk, he's a fantastic lead off man, again, a top 10, perhaps top 5.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm very pumped about this news.

Ludwick, Reds agree to two-year deal

Ludwick was clutch in the brief playoff run. And he stepped up big time when Votto went out. He was the biggest must re-sign FA for us. Now it's time to look for some strong hitters.

mizovax_sl

shitlord
Even though I know it will never happen, I keep wishing that some club would offer the Yankees enough money for Afraud so we could finally get rid of him.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
147mill over 6 years makes it the second most lucrative contract for a pitcher in MLB history. Seems like a bit of an overpay to me personally.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So if this deal goes through for Greinke, the dodgers are looking at a committed payroll of 222 million. It would be the first time in more then a decade someone out spent the Mfing Yankees.

I never understood the exorbitant spending in baseball. Baseball has way too many variables that factor into a team being "good". It isn't like football or basketball, where a dominant power forward or quarterback can instantly transform a .500 team into a major contender. Spending that much on a guy that only plays once a week just doesn't make any sense.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It doesn't make sense for the regular season, but pitching wins championships. When the postseason starts, and you have a Kershaw and Grienke, that's 3-4 wins per series if they pitch like they are paid to.