MLB 2013 season

moontayle

Golden Squire
It doesn't make sense for the regular season, but pitching wins championships. When the postseason starts, and you have a Kershaw and Grienke, that's 3-4 wins per series if they pitch like they are paid to.
Right, and I feel confident in the Rangers' rotation. It certainly wasnt' the pitching that was the problem down the stretch.

mizovax_sl

shitlord
It doesn't make sense for the regular season, but pitching wins championships. When the postseason starts, and you have a Kershaw and Grienke, that's 3-4 wins per series if they pitch like they are paid to.
As we all know, though, a lot of players that are supposed to play like their worth, don't. A-rod, Pujols, Crawford. Even Fielder didn't play like his normal self.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Right, and I feel confident in the Rangers' rotation. It certainly wasnt' the pitching that was the problem down the stretch.
The 5th starter was pretty shitty down the stretch.

Also, Royals just made a terrible trade. Just traded their future to be slightly less mediocre in 2013.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
ballsy ass move by the Royals. I really don't think Davis and Shields are enough for them to get a wild card yet, and they just let 6 years of Myers go to TB. Sure he hasn't done anything in the majors yet, but if he hits 70% as well there, the Rays dun good

moontayle

Golden Squire
The 5th starter was pretty shitty down the stretch.

Also, Royals just made a terrible trade. Just traded their future to be slightly less mediocre in 2013.
That's because their 5th starter was a mish-mash of whoever they could throw up there.

awfal

Silver Knight of the Realm
Rays win again. What an awful trade for KC. Shields/Davis are two gascans. Shields is overrated and will go down the tube when he's not pitching in any "big games". Big Game James ... dumbest nickname I've ever heard given to an athlete for not doing anything to earn it next to Matty Ice.

Hootie

Shields was one of the most important players on the rays during the 4 year stretch where they made the playoffs 3 times. If you think pitching 200 innings with 200 strikeouts every year for a low payroll team is overrated then you do not know baseball.

Anyhow i read up on the prospects, Myers is supposed to be a beast. Keep in mind that that the royals current big league roster is full of these bigtime prospects. Eventually you have to actually start to win in the majors, not the minors. The royals really had no way to get pitching, they haven't been as savy as Billy Beane.

Anyhow this really is only bad for the royals if Myers becomes a perennial all-star. If the royals make the playoffs or even just contend the next three years its worth it for a club that has been as bad or worse then the Pirates.

awfal

Shields was one of the most important players on the rays during the 4 year stretch where they made the playoffs 3 times. If you think pitching 200 innings with 200 strikeouts every year for a low payroll team is overrated then you do not know baseball.

Anyhow i read up on the prospects, Myers is supposed to be a beast. Keep in mind that that the royals current big league roster is full of these bigtime prospects. Eventually you have to actually start to win in the majors, not the minors. The royals really had no way to get pitching, they haven't been as savy as Billy Beane.

Anyhow this really is only bad for the royals if Myers becomes a perennial all-star. If the royals make the playoffs or even just contend the next three years its worth it for a club that has been as bad or worse then the Pirates.
Shields' SO Totals

2012: 223
2011: 225
2010: 187 (5.18 ERA!)
2009: 167

So he hit 200 twice. He's a decent #2 or 3, wouldn't come close to calling him an ace. Anyways, maybe KC makes the playoffs next year they are in a pathetic division. Nonetheless, 2 years of Shields' is not worth the 6+ you would have kept of Myers, Odorizzi, etc.

Oh they could have gotten pitching; they could have kept their prospects and signed Annibal Sanchez who is comparable to Shields and 3 years younger if they weren't so cheap. Myers is going to be a beast, TB will have him hitting cleanup this season.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
He's a really good pitcher, that's not the issue here. The issue is that the Royals aren't going to be contenders in the 2 years they have control of him, so sending your best prospect away when you aren't ready now just really doesn't make sense. Unless their scouts don't think he's as good as his numbers are or something, it doesn't make a lot of sense

awfal

He's a really good pitcher, that's not the issue here. The issue is that the Royals aren't going to be contenders in the 2 years they have control of him, so sending your best prospect away when you aren't ready now just really doesn't make sense. Unless their scouts don't think he's as good as his numbers are or something, it doesn't make a lot of sense
They think they can be contenders in that division. They also think Davis will be a SP for them and not a long-arm.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounding like the Phils are going to land Josh Hamilton by nights end..Not sure If I actually even want the guy..

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno.. Phils have a pretty good track record of landing a guy when rumors are out there.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Just what the Phillies need to do sign Hamilton for 5 years for 100+ million and he can spend most of it on injured reserve
smile.png

Since Seattle signed Jason Bay and Dodgers spent another 200+ million this off season, I'm thinking Hamilton goes back to Texas.

smile.png

Braen

<Medals Crew>
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/s...ls-sources-say

Free-agent slugger Josh Hamilton agreed to a five-year, $125 million contract Thursday with the Los Angeles Angels, sources told ESPN.com.

Hamilton's former team, the Texas Rangers, had been in negotiations to retain the 2010 MVP. Hamilton's camp had also reportedly met with the Mariners at the winter meetings.

Hamilton, 31, has batted .304 in his big-league career, all but 90 games of it in Texas. He has provided big power in the middle of the Rangers' lineup, helping the team to World Series appearances in 2010 and '11.
Hamilton hit .285 with 43 homers and 128 RBIs in an inconsistent 2012 season that didn't finish well; a vision problem caused him to miss five games, he struggled offensively and he had an error in the AL West-deciding loss to Oakland.

Phandy

Golden Squire
Those are some ugly contracts (Pujols and Hamilton) in 3 years... Angels better hope they can win a WS before then.

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bah. Was hoping Hamilton would land in Boston. Now we most likely settle for that douche, Swisher.