MLB 2014 Season Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I really wish Bochy would lean on Petit out of the bullpen more. It was so stupid to put Strickland out there in that situation. He has proven time and time again this postseason that those moments are too big for him.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Meet the Cast of the KC Royals Hollywood Movie

R0kpQEI.png

qvJAfLe.png

sGXsD9R.png

5CKxmzB.png

M3VBKYE.png

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Holy fuck, Herrera trying to bat was the most funny thing I have seen all week. I laughed his whole at bat

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Most pitchers at least take a normal swing. I don't know what he was doing, but it wasn't batting

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Yeah, I was really questioning why he left him in to bat. Throwing away an out in a World Series is dangerous, but it worked out.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yost had some questionable decisions with leaving pitchers in to bat. Why let Guthrie bat the second time? Why let Herrera bat?

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
Yost had some questionable decisions with leaving pitchers in to bat. Why let Guthrie bat the second time? Why let Herrera bat?
Runner on first and 2 outs? Yeah let Herrera have some fun, there isn't much production happening this inning and you want to have your HRH bullpen ready for the endgame.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Because it's a Hudson pitched game and the Giants are rarely going to score more than 2 runs in those games. He's the new Matt Cain.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Petit has been so awesome this postseason. It helps that the bats finally came through as well. I think Vogelsong was on his way to pitching a great game, but the early mistakes rattled him.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
As dominant as the Royals relievers are of Herrera/Davis/Holland, the rest of our bullpen is a trainwreck. Good news is, those 3 guys all got rest last night, so they are good to go tonight. San Fran better get all of their runs scored before the 6th/7th inning.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
San Fran better get all of their runs scored before the 6th/7th inning.
That's really my fear though, that they'll put up a good number of runs and even if they do get shut down by the relievers later on, that we won't be able to flip the lead ourselves.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, this World Series was always going to be a battle of the bullpens. Whichever team jumps out to a lead is likely going to win the game.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I hope Bochy lets Mad Bum finish this one. I don't like Casilla in this situation, for some reason.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Back to KC! Glad we only have to face Bumgardner twice, Royals should have the pitching advantage in the next 2 games