MLB 2014 Season Thread

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Woulda liked to have seen the Royals win, really couldn't care less about the Giants winning. They had a great run and awesome story this post season.

At least it was a great series though, I don't remember the last really great series/championship in pro sports we've had but it's been awhile so at least this was a great 7 games.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Watching the Giants win at this point is about like watching the Yankees win. Nobody in the country outside of their home city wants to see it, everyone is sick of them.

Oh well, nice run Royals.

My one main hope from this whole ordeal is that maybe the value of the Royals franchise is now higher and our owner will sell them. Fuck you, WalMart Glass family, 29 years of stingy pocket books when you're one of the richest pro sports owners in North America is not remedied in 1 nice post-season run. Sell the team to someone who cares, and would at least come to the games. (Royals owner lives in Arkansas, rarely attends games)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
rrr_img_80386.jpg

Amazing series. Not at all easy on my blood pressure, unlike '10 and '12.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Okay now that that is over, fuck the coverage of this World Series and the cock-slobbering they gave the Royals this entire series.

That said, time to start taking dynasty! (Notice I didn't use a question mark there).

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
If winning means people hate you, then I guess you welcome the hate. A+ series, thought the giants were going to blow it with that little league kicking the ball around episode in the ninth but madbum pulled through.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Giants are getting up there with the Patriots for unlikeable franchises for me. Still was a good series.
While some of our fans may be giant douchebags, the teams themselves have been humble as hell. Not at all like the arrogance of the Yankee teams, Patriots, etc.

While some of our fans may be giant douchebags, the teams themselves have been humble as hell. Not at all like the arrogance of the Yankee teams, Patriots, etc.
Most of the hate for a team comes because of their fan base and how they act when winning often. I don't really think the Patriots as a team were or are a bunch of assholes (outside of Belicheat), but their fans are absolute tools and with the Giants success and the Niners almost success lately SF fans are turning pretty unbearable on the whole.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Most of the hate for a team comes because of their fan base and how they act when winning often. I don't really think the Patriots as a team were or are a bunch of assholes (outside of Belicheat), but their fans are absolute tools and with the Giants success and the Niners almost success lately SF fans are turning pretty unbearable on the whole.
Well, if that's your criteria for douchey fanbase, I can't think of a single franchise's fanbase that didn't get "douchey" after seeing a lot of success. Most of the, "Your fan base is so unlikable!" comes from fans of franchises that are perennial losers, so it essentially boils down to jealousy.

I don't know if you frequent the NHL thread, but outside of Araysar (where isn't he a trolly ass), you don't see Black Hawk or Kings fans acting like your average patriots fan. Both of those teams have had a ton of success lately. So don't try and make it seem like a haters gonna hate situation. Its more of a hey that fan bases team is having success and they went from normal fans for the most part to insufferable asshats because of it. Anyway congrats on another series, and like I said it was a good one to watch.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I don't know if you frequent the NHL thread, but outside of Araysar (where isn't he a trolly ass), you don't see Black Hawk or Kings fans acting like your average patriots fan. Both of those teams have had a ton of success lately. So don't try and make it seem like a haters gonna hate situation. Its more of a hey that fan bases team is having success and they went from normal fans for the most part to insufferable asshats because of it. Anyway congrats on another series, and like I said it was a good one to watch.
Probably because only Candians and 5 Americans pay attention to the NHL. It's hard for the douches to migrate when the total fanbase is so small. Hockey is the absolute definition of niche sport.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Azeth is the only Patriots fan on the board really. You stereotype an entire fanbase based on a single poster on rerolled? Does not compute.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Okay now that that is over, fuck the coverage of this World Series and the cock-slobbering they gave the Royals this entire series.

That said, time to start taking dynasty! (Notice I didn't use a question mark there).
Did you actually watch any of the games on TV? Then entire series was basically just Joe Buck verbally fellating Bumgarner. Talking about Bumgarner is fine when he's pitching, but it's all they talked about while the Royals were pitching too, and Bumgarner had nothing to do with the play at hand. Joe Buck is the fucking worst, I hate him doing NFL games with Troy Aikman, and he's even worse doing baseball games. His dad was great, too bad some of that didn't rub off on the son.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm still scratching my head at how San Fran just won the world series with only 1 good starting pitcher. The rest of their entire staff was complete junk

5 games that Bumgarner didnt start, Giant starters pitched a combined 16.1 innings and gave up 18 runs. ERA of 10.06, and then Bumgarner gets 3 of the 4 wins they need to take the series. Just crazy

Disp_sl

shitlord
Rerolled isn't the only forum where I follow/discuss sports.
Hockey isn't even in ballpark of popularity of MLB or NFL in the U.S.. Seems pretty obvious that regardless of the team who wins there are gonna be 10-100x more douchebags than a hockey team's fans. There are 10x more douchebag Jaguars fans than the best hockey team in the U.S.