MLB 2016

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Beltran to the Astros. One year, $16 million.

They are officially out of the Encarnacion race, with Jays, Yanks, and possibly the Rangers as the other suitors. Wanted Beltran back with the Yanks, because he was only going to be a one year guy.

Nats are really pushing for a McCutchen trade, and the Braves are apparently upping the chips for a Sale trade (Braves are usually regarded as having the 1st or 2nd best farm system behind only the Yanks and maybe the Red Sox).

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
White Sox fan checking in and wondering if we got the goods for Chris Sale or not. Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech, Luis Alexander, and Victor Diaz... are they good?

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yoan Moncada is the #1 prospect in baseball. In 2016 he went from rookie ball to the majors. Draws a lot of comparisons to Hanley Ramirez when he was with the Marlins.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Chris Sale to Boston for Moncada, Kopech, & 2 Prospects

Did not see this coming for the Red Sox. Losing Moncada, and Kopech really stings, and that delivery on Sale worries me going forward.

White Sox got a maximum return for sure. Even got Boston to pay the remainder on Moncada's rookie deal which has about 30 million left on it.

Love The Red Sox rotation now though. Huge upgrade obviously. Sale/Price/Porcello/Pomeranz/Rodriguez/Wright/Buchholz.

Sox just need to fill the void Ortiz left.

Edit. The book on the top two prospects Red Sox gave to White Sox.

Yoan Moncada | SoxProspects.com

Michael Kopech | SoxProspects.com

IMO White Sox did as well as they could here with a prospects trade. Always risk with the unknown., but Moncada is about as can't miss as you get. His K rate was alarming last year. Definitely needs another year of seasoning with the off-speed stuff.

Kopech I feel will be best suited as a closer. Electric stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Yeah, from what I've read Kopech is like Chapman 2.0 basically and if Moncada can stop striking out and find a home at third, he could be a real catch. Kinda bummed to see Sale go but I was always waiting to read that fucked up release murdered his elbow. And his clubhouse concerns were sort of annoying.

That said, the Red Sox pitching line up is fucking fierce now.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Think of Moncada like Robinson Cano 2.0 with near elite speed. He probably won't be quite the defender Cano was, but his speed should make up for it. Potential .300 30 HR 30 SB guy at 2B or 3rd. There is no way this guy won't be a stud. Very surprised the Sox' gave up Moncada, but you gotta pay to play. Kopech as stated above is kind of a wild card, but at worst he'll be a 103mph closer. At best a front line rotation guy.

I was devastated when Hal Steinbrenner flaked and missed out on him.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
^ true. Prospects are easy to fall in love with, but a sure-thing is a sure-thing.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Holy shit. White Sox moved Eaton to the Nationals for Giolito (top pitching prospect in baseball) & Reynaldo Lopez (usually regarded as a top 35 prospect in all of baseball who has a huge arm).

Incredibly surprised they got that kinda return for Eaton, who is a very good player, but may just be a slightly above average defender in CF.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eaton was overrated. What good is speed if you never use it? Leads the AL in triples and doesn't even crack 15 stolen bases?

The White Sox have needed to blow it up and start over for a long time now. Keep selling imo.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Wade Davis to the cubs.

As a royals fan

IMG_6658.PNG

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Eaton was overrated. What good is speed if you never use it? Leads the AL in triples and doesn't even crack 15 stolen bases?

The White Sox have needed to blow it up and start over for a long time now. Keep selling imo.

I love me some WAR, +wRC, OPS+ etc... But Eaton is the exact type of player, along with Heyward, where you look at a guy with his slash line compared to McCutchen's last year:
Eaton = 14 HR 14 SB OPS .790
Cutch = 24 HR 6 SB OPS .766

Yet fWAR has Eaton as a 6.0 Win player, and Cutch as a 0.7 Win player... You mean to tell me that Eaton, who declined and played a slightly below average CF moved to RF and was nearly 5 Wins better purely on defense? Lol...

Like I said, I really like the stat, but defensive values can get incredibly inflated. Proof, Heyward. I think Nationals gave up way too much for him, I mean shit, White Sox almost got the same return they were getting offered for Sale (minus Robles)! THAT'S INSANE!

I'm cool with this. $17 million /yr is a shit ton for a relief pitcher, but this is the Yanks & using this for an elite-elite player at his position instead of say, a mediocre position player who will take up a position spot, a la Reddick etc.

Btw. Surprised Davis was gotten for just Soler. Guess his DL stints hurt him a little in trade value. Soler is a solid get nonetheless, he does still have 40 HR type potential and is controllable for 4 years.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
As a cubs fan, i am happy to see them trade for Wade Davis. I really liked Jorge Soler's potential and hope we don't end up missing him due to injuries, etc. but it helps clear up the logjam in the outfield a little.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems to be a great trade for the Cub's. Wade Davis is a boss and at 31 he still has 3-4 solid years as a pitcher. I don't Soler will ever become anything special.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
It's been 18 hours since the last time the Sox traded for a team's top prospect. I'm starting to get withdrawals.

• 1Like

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Encarnacion to the Windians. Sounds like he overplayed his hand by turning Toronto down and the analysts are saying Cleveland got a steal.

• 1Like