MMA Thread

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Boxer Julius Long had a 90' reach.

He was 7 feet and terrible, but 90 is by far the longest reach ever.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It's hard to measure yourself (having just tried) but I'm like 78-80".

But that's at 6'4"

Jon Jones' 84-85" span is impressive.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
45f59bd78e764ee1a17f11f342bcfbcb.png

not feeling it, at most rozenstruik will do a big pow wow

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Man I have really stopped paying attention to the UFC. I know literally 4 fighters on that entire card.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Man I have really stopped paying attention to the UFC. I know literally 4 fighters on that entire card.
dude, look at the prelims, half those names are in black

that means they don't even have a wiki page

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So Sage Northcutt hasn't found in nearly two years, since Cosmo fractured his face.

His first fight after that, on April 28th? It's going to be against Shinya Aoki.

That's such a weird fight for him. Is Shinya going to just tie him in a knot?

Animosity

I bet these fights end up being decent since no one has heard of any of these guys. They probably come out swinging hard. But I still wont waste my time with it.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

2 more than me. Only know Krylov and Rozenstruik.

I want to get back into the up-and-coming, but the product hasn't pulled me in for a few years. I only catch top 7 contenders bouts, co-mains, and mains these days.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
2 more than me. Only know Krylov and Rozenstruik.

I want to get back into the up-and-coming, but the product hasn't pulled me in for a few years. I only catch top 7 contenders bouts, co-mains, and mains these days.
How is it possible you don't remember Alex Caceres?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You got me. I just had to squint really hard to see Caceres name, so much I was about to say I don't see him on there. the "-aceres" did it, I need my glasses.

That's too bad. He was a forum legend back 10-15 years ago. Sort of the working mans man typecast that would get referenced a good amount in the hardcore fan scene.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
gane is a good up and comer. a heavy kickboxer is good to watch. and cowboy oliviera is a wild man, he puts on fun fights.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Probably gonna be a card with a lot of finishes.

No names facing no names. Both are trying to make their mark one way or another.

Could be an entertaining card.

Jozu

Grappling related but Gordon Ryan is fighting today against Roberto Jimenez, who I dont know anything about.

I cant believe how good that guy is. Danaher is an incredible BJJ coach, but Ryan is his star pupil by far. I wonder if he will ever try MMA. I dont know anything about him trying to strike, but he is the best BJJ guy in the world (no-gi) and is also an excellent grappler and decent wrestler.

Who knows, but I imagine he would have some success. He has fought an average of 12 times a year since he started 10 years ago, and has averaged 11 wins and 1 loss per year. He is 149 and 9, hasnt lost in almost 3 years, and has submitted every notable grappler on Earth. You never know though, Rodolfo Viera just lost, many BJJ wizards have come to MMA and gotten handled.

I dont know what happened but there were reports Buchecha was supposed to make his debut in MMA this month. I dont think it was true I havent seen anything.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I wonder if <Gordon Ryan> will ever try MMA.

Ryan spent a couple years threatening to transition to MMA but then stopped talking about it (much like his aspirations of competing in the gi). The rumor was that he had objectively terrible striking. This rings true for me; Ryan doesn't have the right kind of athleticism for MMA. He's smooth and hugely strong in an isometric capacity but doesn't ever exhibit elite explosiveness. A good striker with an anti-takedown wrestling base would tune him up.

Roberto Jimenez, who I dont know anything about

Roberto is a phenomenal grappler who has been destroying black belts since he was a pre-teen (he's only 20 now). He's better in the gi and has black belt wins over a number of big names. I fully expect him to get heel hooked by Ryan in short order. When he gets his legs as an adult black belt we'll see him in the running for a gi world championship.

I dont know what happened but there were reports Buchecha was supposed to make his debut in MMA this month. I dont think it was true I havent seen anything.

He was going to fight some Senegalese giant in One FC but had to pull out due to a training injury.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users