MMA Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
thats probably why she tapped so fast

she didn't even sink it in or anything, nunes just wanted out of there
I wouldn't be surprised at all if she took a dive. Her GIANT smile after the first round, when she sits on the bench, was super weird (yes, I know Nunes usually smirks a lot).

Makes the division "interesting" again. Shakes up the betting world, gets her a huge payday for the next fight, etc.

The way she was just letting Pena tee off in the 2nd round was weird as shit. And unless she had China Virus a week ago, I'm not buying the whole "hangover" excuse.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
And unless she had China Virus a week ago, I'm not buying the whole "hangover" excuse.

Not intending to open up any huge debate, but long covid is a thing. I have a friend who is a triathlete and got covid earlier this year. He had it fairly bad - major flu-ish, missed work for a week but didn't go to the ER or anything. Six months later he's still got massive endurance problems and can barely make it through short runs. I have no idea if that's truly the case or not, but if Pena is in a similar situation I can see her being totally smoked after that first round, trying to blitz an early finish, and that working out very badly.

Edit: Nunes had covid in July.

• 1Moron
  • 1Picard

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not intending to open up any huge debate, but long covid is a thing. I have a friend who is a triathlete and got covid earlier this year. He had it fairly bad - major flu-ish, missed work for a week but didn't go to the ER or anything. Six months later he's still got massive endurance problems and can barely make it through short runs. I have no idea if that's truly the case or not, but if Pena is in a similar situation I can see her being totally smoked after that first round.

Edit: Nunes had covid in July.
yea, nunes cancelled 265

nunes has always had cardio problems

except this time she was a literal mike tyson meme
tyson.jpg

i mean, did i count 23 left jabs in round 2 from when she lost her mouthpiece to going to the cage, throwing a knee then rnc?

that left jab really fucked up amanda, hell, before she was taken down, it almost seemed like she just threw 10 straight lefts at her and almost all of them connected lulz

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't buy a dive at all, they both decided to throw and defense be damned. Pena was tagging Nunes as much as Nunes was tagging her.

• 2Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I mean, you can see the same thing happen in the Cyborg fight. When Amanda get rocked, she goes into zombie, lets throw bombs, mode. She happens to hit harder than everyone else in the division, and Cyborg was doing the same thing as her. Swinging wild ass hooks, its just that Nunes's chin held up better. The one weird thing that I saw pointed out, is that Nunes kept grabbing her ribs during her post fight interview. It could have been from that takedown before the RNC, it could have been prefight, but it looked like she had an injury there.

That plus she has shit cardio and gassed hard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
“Listen, I don’t care,” Oliveira continued. “I come here and I do it. I’m not on the internet, I’m not on Twitter, I’m not on Facebook trying to show people what’s going on. I’m here, I’m the champion, I have this belt, I’m gonna keep defending it, I don’t care what people say. I’m gonna do me."

Do Bronx just b-b-b-b-blockin' out them haters!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Dustin also told Bronx postfight hes got some donation money FOR THE FAVELAS

he said bronx will control the distro re: spending of it

• 1Like

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I knew Dustin would be gutted after the loss and boy, the post fight presser was a difficult watch. Poor guy was on the verge of tears for the entire thing. I knew how bad he wanted it, and sometimes, even when you think you are in a position to ascend....you dont. It sucks but he can still win a couple fights and be right back in the picture, such is the way of the UFC.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I knew Dustin would be gutted after the loss and boy, the post fight presser was a difficult watch. Poor guy was on the verge of tears for the entire thing. I knew how bad he wanted it, and sometimes, even when you think you are in a position to ascend....you dont. It sucks but he can still win a couple fights and be right back in the picture, such is the way of the UFC.
thats what diamond gets for wanting to chase $$$

his last two fights were against a stupid leprechaun, while olivera fought chandler and tferg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What would you do man? How can you hate on Dustin for taking the Conor fights? Did you forget he trashed Dan Hooker and Justin Gaethje in between?

He did us a favor shutting Conor the fuck up give this man his respect. Oliviera is just better.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What would you do man? How can you hate on Dustin for taking the Conor fights? Did you forget he trashed Dan Hooker and Justin Gaethje in between?

He did us a favor shutting Conor the fuck up give this man his respect. Oliviera is just better.
olivera had 5 rounds of tferg and chandler while diamond had 3 rounds of conor, which was like a gentle spar, diamond basically coming into the fight with 2 years of ring rust

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
One of my friends that comes over for fights is a....maybe.....5'1" 100lb nerdy lesbian that I work with. We'll call her "A".
I didn't do a party this time, so we didn't talk until this morning. Both of us and one of the field staff basically took over the whole Monday meeting talking about fights and everyone was loving how fucking amped A was getting talking about Nunes and all the fights at 269. So now we're going to try to do a party where everyone brings their wives.

I'm anticipating a whole lot of drunk Karens talking shit about people's "fucking disgusting ears" and "retarded" post-fight interviews. Wondering if it would be better for me to be shitfaced or stone cold sober for that one.