MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Even with the "oh he hurt" Joe is BIS. And it is pretty fucking funny when Joe is with DC they start saying shit without saying shit and it becomes an inside joke everyone is in on.
yea joe is pretty autistic with fights cuz hes got that visual memory and he's working off the catlogue of every ufc fight.

like ppl can recall maybe eating a chicken wing when holly ko'd ronda while joe remembers saying "shes hurt, shes hurt, shes hurt, she's out" while goldie is crowning holly the new champ.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the UFC wouldnt be the same without the Joe "HES ROCKED" honestly. its a viewer meme at this point, and guys shout out in the bar and living room with Joe at the TV when big shots land knowing its coming. There is a viewer interaction element to Joe's commentary and he gets people involved.

It could survive losing the Goldie one-liners, but Joe saying someones hurt...naw just wrap it up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People used to that say the same things about Goldberg. I haven't missed him one bit just like I wouldn't miss Rogan either.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
nobody memed goldberg while watching the production though. any idiot can shout "HES ROCKED" and do a convincing Joe Rogan impression without effort.

its a different dynamic.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I actually like Anik better than Goldie. Anik seems to put in a LOT more research.

DC getting dropped would be the best. Problem is, Joe loves him, so he'll be there a while. I think I like Dom the best of the "fighter" commentators. He definitely seems to give the most "technical" details as the match goes on.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I actually like Anik better than Goldie. Anik seems to put in a LOT more research.

DC getting dropped would be the best. Problem is, Joe loves him, so he'll be there a while. I think I like Dom the best of the "fighter" commentators. He definitely seems to give the most "technical" details as the match goes on.

This is pretty much 100% my take. Dom has some weird technical blind spots for a guy of his experience ("Why doesn't he just stand up??", said to a man in bottom side mount under an elite grappler), but I can forgive them because he's otherwise very sharp. Joe is a funny one. What he says isn't especially important, but somehow he's integral to the tone and personality of the broadcast and it feels weird without him. I didn't like Anik at first, but he's growing on me now that he's more comfortable with the team.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think there are 4 fighter to announcer guys?, this is my order

dom, felder, bisping, dc

i believe anik now, has bested goldie

i mean obviously the best team in the world would be joe, bas and anik

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I really like Dom as a commentator. Once he retires, I hope he takes on the color commentator role in full.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I could listen to Bas talk about literally anything.

His arm atrophy still trips me out.

I would def have a beer or 5 with him. He has to have a bajillion stories

1639619736067.png

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
i think there are 4 fighter to announcer guys?, this is my order

dom, felder, bisping, dc

i believe anik now, has bested goldie

i mean obviously the best team in the world would be joe, bas and anik
Bas would be badass as 3rd.

I really like Bisping's take on a lot of the "mental" portion of fighting, vs. the technical, but Bisping just doesn't STFU sometimes. DC interrupts fucking constantly, but he'll usually make a point and move on. Bisping will drone on for half a fucking round on one point. If he could get better at that, he'd be fucking great.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I started listening to Bisping's podcast yesterday and actually really like it. I like Anik's podcast too. Fight disciples is alright, but a little annoying sometimes. I haven't liked any others I've listened to.

Brendan Schaub is starting to annoy the shit out of me, too. He has just about zero depth to his "analysis" and he spends the first 20 minutes of every godamn podcast humble bragging about his 500 side hustles.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I started listening to Bisping's podcast yesterday and actually really like it. I like Anik's podcast too. Fight disciples is alright, but a little annoying sometimes. I haven't liked any others I've listened to.

Brendan Schaub is starting to annoy the shit out of me, too. He has just about zero depth to his "analysis" and he spends the first 20 minutes of every godamn podcast humble bragging about his 500 side hustles.
brendan is aids, did kat do onlyfans yet?

shes not even the pretty one in her family, neither is her sister, it's the other side of the family that got the pretty genes, her cousin
024062b58864923fbadba775856e869b.png

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>

shes not even the pretty one in her family, neither is her sister, it's the other side of the family that got the pretty genes, her cousin
I just heard them saying during their last fight companion thing that Kat is fucking crushing it on Only Fans. Makes almost as much as Brendan I guess.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

What kat ru talking about. This girl is hot