MMA Thread

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
UFC on ESPN 34 aka about 20 fighters i don't know......

prelims will stream on ESPN+ starting at 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT.
The main card will then air live on ESPN and ESPN+ at 8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT.

UFC on ESPN 34 Weigh-in Results:
Vicente Luque (171) vs. Belal Muhammad (170.5)
Caio Borralho (186) vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev (186)
Miguel Baeza (171) vs. Andre Fialho (171)
Mayra Bueno Silva (136) vs. Yanan Wu (136)
T.J. Laramie (145.5) vs. Pat Sabatini (146)
Mounir Lazzez (171) vs. Ange Loosa (171)
Devin Clark (223) vs. William Knight (251)
Pannie Kianzad (136) vs. Lina Lansberg (135.5)
Brandon Jenkins (155.5) vs. Drakkar Klose (156.75)* (156)
Rafa Garcia (155) vs. Jesse Ronson (155.5)
Chris Barnett (263.5) vs. Martin Buday (264.5)
Jordan Leavitt (155.5) vs. Trey Ogden (156)
Sam Hughes (115.5) vs. Istela Nunes (114)
Heili Alateng (135.5) vs. Kevin Croom (136)
* Klose missed weight by .75 pounds and has an hour to make weight.
=
also worth bringing up again
Chris Barnett....became the shortest heavyweight in UFC history at 5’9’’ (175 cm), beating the previous record-holder Mark Hunt, who was 5’10’’ (178 cm).

=

One year later, UFC's Drakkar Klose is still hurting from that Jeremy Stephens shove: 'It is something serious'
“I’m still not 100 percent from that. It’s something I will probably need surgery eventually,” Klose told Just Scrap Radio on BJPenn.com. “I told myself if I have to get surgery, I’m just going to call it quits. Just trying to manage it and do the therapy and all that. I did think that was going to be the end of me. I was having really bad headaches, dealing with my neck issue. It is something serious.

“When I saw my doctor, he talked about fusing my neck, and I didn’t want to hear that. I want to go out on my terms. I don’t want to go out with the doctor telling me I can’t do this. It was a herniated disc, C6, C7. As soon as it happened, my whole arm went numb, and later that night, things weren’t right, and I woke up, couldn’t open my eyes, a real bad headache.”

=
Super stoked about the Luque fight. I really hope he puts one on Muhammad so he can get his goddamn title shot finally.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Goatface

Super stoked about the Luque fight. I really hope he puts one on Muhammad so he can get his goddamn title shot finally.
1650076093483.png

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How does he have 13 finishes already?
Because he's a super badass that nobody gives any respect? He only has 2 losses in the past 6 years and they were both decisions against top 5-10 guys.

If he beats Muhammad, he needs a fucking title shot - he has consistently been overlooked. Chimaev can get fucked and go fight Colby first.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Bummed for Luque as there is no way he gets a title shot now. Muhammad v. Burns next?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
jesus christ leroy got fucked up, klose landed like 40 consecutive shots in like 20s lulz, half of em were uppercuts that looked painful

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
JJ coming back after two years in an attempt to regain relevance is kind of like an older single mom starting a Tinder account to see if she's still 'got it'

I don't care who Jones fights, I just hope they demolish him so we can all just move the fuck on.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Problem is I think this is a good matchup for Jones. Stipe isn't the biggest, and he won't be able to close distance on Jones like Gus did.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Despite Jones weight gain-- it's tough to see him taking on the big heayvweights. He looks lacking in density. And although Izzy demonstrated you can use a Jon Jones gameplan against bigger Jan, which is shades similar to what Jones is planning to do to these HWs. The fact is the reach difference advantage is negated in guys like Ngannou who have length AND size.

Stipe in another life could have made 205.

Now the whole thing is washed up. Stipe is retiring soon, and Jones is effectively retired already and not to be taken serious in any current HW matchup that's relevant to the division. He's inactive and unranked. Beating a guy on his way out the door in Stipe doesn't get me interested in what else he's going to do at HW. Stipe beating Jones before he retires doesn't matter, Jones is below his weight class and dropped the belt-- and he didn't drop the belt to move to HW. He dropped the belt like GSP did, because he was beaten out of the division.