MMA Thread

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah I'm just excited for the atmosphere. I realize I am going to be staring at the screen 95% of the time, and not the cage. Not sure where the seats are, as my daughters fiancée is who purchased them, so I am not expecting them to be great. I've been watching MMA for long enough that I always wanted to at least go to 1 of them, so this will most likely be my only time.
you could probably take a nap for costa v rockhold

jesus wtf happened

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I'm just excited for the atmosphere. I realize I am going to be staring at the screen 95% of the time, and not the cage. Not sure where the seats are, as my daughters fiancée is who purchased them, so I am not expecting them to be great. I've been watching MMA for long enough that I always wanted to at least go to 1 of them, so this will most likely be my only time.
That is pretty cool that your future son in law is taking you. Enjoy it!

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That is pretty cool that your future son in law is taking you. Enjoy it!
Yeah I think this is his way of trying to have some 1:1 time with just us. I've only met him one time, and seems like a good enough guy. So should be fun.

I'll probably buy a ton of beer and make him keep pace with me, see how well he does!

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Yeah I think this is his way of trying to have some 1:1 time with just us. I've only met him one time, and seems like a good enough guy. So should be fun.

I'll probably buy a ton of beer and make him keep pace with me, see how well he does!
MMA event are amazing.

Went to tons of local events in the Houston area from 2010 to 2012 as I was covering the MMA scene for a local website that is now defunct. Got to pre-fight interview Derrick Lewis and Brian Melancon before they made it to the UFC, and did countless post fight interviews during the events regardless if the fighter won or loss. Long story short, I got to sit cage side at each and ever single one of these events. Even at this lower level of competition, these fights were amazing to see up close and personal. Even had blood splatter all over me one time during an amateur event.

At the time I was covering the scene, these are the fighters that were coming up and made it to UFC.

Derrick Lewis
Brian Melancon
Alex Morono
Andrew Craig
Daniel Pineda
Justin Ledet
Bubba Bush
Geoff Neal
Charlie Onitveros
Mike Jackson

I am sure there are more names I am forgetting, but God damn, just realize that its been 10 years since I did that stuff. I'm getting old

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
MMA event are amazing.

Went to tons of local events in the Houston area from 2010 to 2012 as I was covering the MMA scene for a local website that is now defunct. Got to pre-fight interview Derrick Lewis and Brian Melancon before they made it to the UFC, and did countless post fight interviews during the events regardless if the fighter won or loss. Long story short, I got to sit cage side at each and ever single one of these events. Even at this lower level of competition, these fights were amazing to see up close and personal. Even had blood splatter all over me one time during an amateur event.

At the time I was covering the scene, these are the fighters that were coming up and made it to UFC.

Derrick Lewis
Brian Melancon
Alex Morono
Andrew Craig
Daniel Pineda
Justin Ledet
Bubba Bush
Geoff Neal
Charlie Onitveros
Mike Jackson

I am sure there are more names I am forgetting, but God damn, just realize that its been 10 years since I did that stuff. I'm getting old
Not getting

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm going to UFC 278 next weekend. First live event after watching the sport for decades, pretty excited. Hopefully Usman isn't a snore.
LoL,

Usman is always a snore even in a KO! He should win this fight by lay and pray 100%
2) LR vs Paulo, good time to get a beer. both wont ingage
3) JA vs Merb - Best fight on card, Aldo for dec
4) the res are meh.

But always a good time. Enjoy the shwo

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LoL,

Usman is always a snore even in a KO! He should win this fight by lay and pray 100%
2) LR vs Paulo, good time to get a beer. both wont ingage
3) JA vs Merb - Best fight on card, Aldo for dec
4) the res are meh.

But always a good time. Enjoy the shwo
leon is also a snore, his claim to fame is being hit by masvidal

• 1Like

Burns

Haven't followed MMA in many a year, so not sure if this has been linked here before.

Stumbled across some Chinese MMA dude called Xu Xiaodong {Mad Dog} who has an open challenge to fight any of the various Wushu masters in China. The few fights on his channel haven't even lasted one round before the "Master" throws in the towel.

I guess he has made enough waves that the CCP is harassing him for making their national dance organizations look like shit.

I don't speak Mandarin, so I have no idea what most of these videos are about, but you can see some of the fights, if you sort by popularity:

Edit: Found a short video on him:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Repost

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Haven't followed MMA in many a year, so not sure if this has been linked here before.

Stumbled across some Chinese MMA dude called Xu Xiaodong {Mad Dog} who has an open challenge to fight any of the various Wushu masters in China. The few fights on his channel haven't even lasted one round before the "Master" throws in the towel.

I guess he has made enough waves that the CCP is harassing him for making their national dance organizations look like shit.

I don't speak Mandarin, so I have no idea what most of these videos are about, but you can see some of the fights, if you sort by popularity:
yea he's been fined and has like zero social credit score
surprisingly he's spoken out about hong kong and covid and he's not 6ft under yet, lulz

• 1Like

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol fuck china

1660110409826.png

• 2Worf

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like this was linked here before. Was it? I dunno, but it's all just so random!

• 5Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Repost
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole