MMA Thread

Fedor

<Banned>
1.gif

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like Pat Militich as an announcer, he does good play by play and only an idiot would suggest he doesn't know what he's talking about.

THAT SAID! I hate how he pronounces a few things. Specifically Muay Thai, he exaggerates it so much. "Mooo-eeee Tie".

And watching MFC right now there was another, he pronounced Kimura as "kim-ear-ah". Guh.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching this event right now and was reminded that I haven't been super consistent posting these lately. Not that anyone seems to check them. But yeah.

RFA 12 GIFs, results and highlights

Also, getting sick of Bellator turning in to just another promotion. The tournament format was the entire draw, but more and more they are ignoring it in favor of generic title rematches and shit. Apparently Patricio Pitbull feels the same way.

Patricio Pitbull feels ?disrespected and disappointed? by Bellator

Also, tale of the tape for tonight.

Bex0pWOCQAEpEfk.jpg

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see how Thompson wins the last 2 rounds. He had a handful of takedowns but nearly zero damage.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I don't see how Thompson wins the last 2 rounds. He had a handful of takedowns but nearly zero damage.
Agree,

Would love to see a rematch with a healthy Thompson. I must give him +1 for going strong after an early broken hand/thumb.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
They could build a really good story out of this: Silva comes back, destroys a bunch of people, and aims to take belt back from Weidman down the road. I have no idea if he can do it, but that would really be something to see (and $$$ for Zuffa)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Wow, that is pretty gross. I remember back in high school I broke my thumb during a football game. I ran to the sidelines cause the bone was sorta sticking out, but by glancing at it I thought it was just dislocated (it was down near the joint). The trainer was busy with someone else, so I asked one of the student trainers to pop it back in place for me. After feeling the bones crunch together I assumed it was back in place. I had him tape it up and I went back out. Trainer looked at it briefly after the game and didn't seem to think much of it. About 3-4 days later, continuing to play with it and assuming I was just a pussy because it hurt every time I got hit, it started to swell a bit like that. It literally looked like I had a fat persons hand attached to my body. When the trainer saw the swelling she made me go get x-rays, and that is when I found out it was broken. Amazing the amount of swelling a broken bone causes.

Anyways, couple interesting articles on TRT in MMA.

NSAC physician to advise against granting Vitor Belfort exemption for testosterone-replacement therapy - ESPN

UFC's Dana White backs doctor bid for testosterone ban - ESPN

One doctor saying there is no way he would recommend Vitor get a TUE for his fight, but he isn't the final say on it at all. I find it odd that the first article says Dana thinks Vitor should get the TUE, but then in the very next article he says he is 100% behind it being banned. Personally I think he wants that shit around forever since he knows fighters like Vitor can not only prolong their career, but significantly increase the damage they are able to inflict, and probably take. But it is Dana, so I am sure he is saying whatever makes himself and the UFC look better.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Juliana Pena is out for a year and a half. apparently some dude jumped on her back acting tough and she popped her knee.