MMA Thread

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
At first I thought Mousasi was a huge underdog and would be around +400 but his line is only at +195. What am I missing here? Nearly a year long layoff, last fight wasn't at MW and he fought Ilir Latifi to a decision.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Mousasi is a very good striker. He's only an underdog because Machida is a double-plus gooderer striker and will go on to clean out the 185 division without much difficulty.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
The line is probably (likely) this way because volume is low and there isn't nearly enough money on Machida for Vegas to feel comfortable.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I watch MMA like 3-4 times a year. I just constantly forget when it's gonna be on, come in and read the thread and like 'fuck missed another ppv'

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I try to follow most events but typically only watch machida or certain fighters

Homsar

I just can't see him winning, coming off hiatus and leg surgeries and he has a couple nice wins but I still dont think he's proven himself against top fighters

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mousasi hasn't had arealloss since 2006. King Mo most people feel he got robbed, and Keith Jardine draw was an absolute travesty. He's beaten Jacare, Hector Lombard, and Mark Hunt.

It's not totally insane that he'd only be a small underdog. *I* wouldn't bet on him, but it's not that crazy. That gaudy 34-3-2 record is probably influencing the betting more than expected.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Mousasi hasn't had arealloss since 2006. King Mo most people feel he got robbed, and Keith Jardine draw was an absolute travesty. He's beaten Jacare, Hector Lombard, and Mark Hunt.

It's not totally insane that he'd only be a small underdog. *I* wouldn't bet on him, but it's not that crazy. That gaudy 34-3-2 record is probably influencing the betting more than expected.
Maybe I am misremembering, but didn't King Mo totally wrestle rape him? I recall 3 rounds of a snooze fest, lay and pray fight, by King Mo with almost no damage done to either fighter. Am I way off on this?

Homsar

No you're not and god that fight was bad. He also hasn't fought any real competition in 4-5 years

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I am misremembering, but didn't King Mo totally wrestle rape him? I recall 3 rounds of a snooze fest, lay and pray fight, by King Mo with almost no damage done to either fighter.
Pretty much. Mousasi was just the busier guy from the bottom and Mo made no attempt to finish so a lot of folks were leaning Mousasi's way. I don't feel strongly about it either way. Shit was boring as fuck.

Homsar

Who the fuck is shoving out 55$ for Rousey and a Rory McDonald fight? I would pay for the card this weekend with gegard/ machida before rousey

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
bestcryguy.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need some kind of way to penalize people for pre-fight injuries.