MMA Thread

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Pretty good night of fights.

I'm glad Shogun won. Early stoppage in what would've ended 20 secs if not less later for Cyborg. Never let Jacare get you in full mount...glad he picked that W up. And Cleveland finally gets a title after all these years. Overall, it was a pretty good night of fights.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I feel like this had to be done, LOL

rrr_img_133742.jpg

Rais

Trakanon Raider
If you are a first time defending champ and you lose there is no reason why you should have a immediate rematch. Especially if you get knocked our or subbed in the first round.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I agree with that. Stipe and Overeem should be a pretty good matchup.

I'm surprised they got Sterling on fight pass for the next card against Caraway. I think that guy will do well at 135 in the UFC.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Might be a quick turnaround for Jacare but the only other choice in the top 5 is Bisping who already got destroyed by Luke.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Just outside of the top 5, I'd like to see Brunson get a crack at him. 4 wins in a row, 3 first round KO's in a row. He's scheduled to fight Mousasi at 200 though.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly, I'm pretty bored with the UFC at the moment due to the constant injuries and title fight/main event re-assignments. It's like countdown to whenever the headliner is out of commission for every big event the last couple of years. I get that these guys go into rough camps, but there has to be a better/safer way of training where the biggest names are not -constantly- injured before big matches.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I totally agree. The last couple of years have been almost comical with the amount of injuries and fight cancellations the UFC has had. I mean I won't stop watching it or anything, but it has become quite frustrating to sit around waiting for the next big card and holding your breath that nobody will get injured.

Sucks

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
MMA camps are still shockingly primitive compared to what basketball/football/baseball players have access to. Now obviously MMA is more dangerous to begin with, so the injury rate will always be higher, but if the UFC wasn't shafting these guys so hard on money, I'd bet they could afford to have a lot of the same expertise other professional athletes get. Obviously the training injuries wouldn't go away, but I guarantee they would drop dramatically.

Column_sl

shitlord
It's also a combat sport where your chances of getting hurt in practice are Extremely high.

Not to mention all the drug bans.

I'm still enjoying the UFC tho, there is so much competition ,and a bigger amount of fighters to pull from.

Even the womens league is way more competitive.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
MMA camps are still shockingly primitive compared to what basketball/football/baseball players have access to. Now obviously MMA is more dangerous to begin with, so the injury rate will always be higher, but if the UFC wasn't shafting these guys so hard on money, I'd bet they could afford to have a lot of the same expertise other professional athletes get. Obviously the training injuries wouldn't go away, but I guarantee they would drop dramatically.
Umm, not a really hard disagree, but I think in football you might be more likely to get hurt during practice. One thing about most MMA is that people realize you need your partners to train so they most likely will hold back on a submission once dominant position is established. In football people are fighting for jobs so they go hard and give less fucks because your team has 100+ in College and 60+ in Pros.

Again, not disputing injuries are prevalent in MMA I just think you can't really make that statement that injuries are more likely in MMA then FB. For what it is worth this is based on my personal experience, I played D1 FB in College and I currently train Jiu Jitsu...though not on a MMA level.

Column_sl

shitlord
Think the big difference in football is your QB probly won't go down in practice, and really that team sport centers around that one position for the most part.

You get hurt in MMA, and that fight is off.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Anyone been to an event? Thinking about going to the Memorial Day Fight Night, locals tickets for just $40-60. Though if I do it the $179 5th row floor seats would be tempting since anything worth watching is normally astronomical to attend and we'd PPV it w/ friends.