MMA Thread

Column_sl

shitlord
The floor is obviously more exciting, but you are the seeing the ring kind of from below, and rings looks much bigger then they actually are in person.

I've gone to a couple in Dallas, and I enjoyed the stadium seats more because you are looking down into the ring.
Really depends on how the stadium is laid out, and if you want to be close to the celebrities. Obviously the 5th row floor is going to be fun so I would go with that if it's your first time.

179 really isnt that much for an event like that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Pay for the good tickets man. If you're too far away you just watch the screens the whole time.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
That's too bad. Would have been great to have Jacare in there instead.

I suppose the list of contenders at MW is pretty slim at the moment.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
That's too bad. Would have been great to have Jacare in there instead.

I suppose the list of contenders at MW is pretty slim at the moment.
Saw this on reddit

OGQkJcL.jpg

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is a like a lifetime-achievement-award title shot for Bisping. To think he would still be fighting after getting decapitated at UFC 100, seven years ago, is pretty unbelievable.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Mayhem Miller was supposed to fight Luke Barnett for some MW strap in Venator and weighed in 24 lbs. over, haha. The match was scrapped and they were both given replacement fighters.

Jive Turkey

Karen
Yeah I totally agree. The last couple of years have been almost comical with the amount of injuries and fight cancellations the UFC has had. I mean I won't stop watching it or anything, but it has become quite frustrating to sit around waiting for the next big card and holding your breath that nobody will get injured.

Sucks
Injuries skyrocketed after the fighters started getting insurance.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
Melvin Manhoef just beat the Bellator MW Champ 4/5 rounds and lost via decision. Carvalho put up absolutely no effort. It would be one thing if there were such things as meaningful champs in other divisions in MMA but the second most well-known title in MMA putting on some shit like that and the judges giving it to Carvalho after that performance just looks bad. I know that hardly anyone watched it and about the same amount of people care, but that shit was terrible. A dwarf even got choked out on the card tonight.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Reading the reviews, it sounds like it was a terrible fight all around and neither fighter did much. Maybe the judges didn't feel like Manhoef did enough as the challenger? I dunno.

Now, that story of the fighter in Hamburg getting ambushed in his gym by a group of guys in ski masks and getting the back of his leg (achilles) cut to the bone was fucked up. Guess he almost bled to death. Saw a pic of one wound just below his calf, wouldn't be surprised if he never fights again. Not the worst thing I've ever seen, but that will really suck if it really comes down to nothing more than a gym rivalry.

Depending on your tolerance for blood/gore, this might not bother you. Or it might. Link to the worst pic is in the middle of this article.

German MMA fighter attacked in suspected gym war, badly injured by machete (Graphic) - Bloody Elbow

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I can't believe any professional organization would actually still let him fight, or that any professional fighter would agree to fight him.