MMA Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
wonder what the issue is this time.
Explains it in this article
Velasquez off UFC 207 card as NSAC won't OK

Earlier this week, Velasquez, 34, told ESPN.com he had suffered from back pain during training camp and was already scheduled to undergo surgery on Jan. 4. The San Jose-based heavyweight said he had relied on Cannabidiol (CBD) to dull the pain enough to train.

"It's an achy pain that goes down your leg, and it gets to a point where if you're standing for 10 minutes, you have to sit down," Velasquez told ESPN.com. "If you're going out for a while, a half-hour, you know it's going to be pretty painful. You have to sit down and take the compression off your back."

Despite those revelations, both Velasquez and his longtime coach Javier Mendez insisted the fighter would be fine to face Werdum. The fight was supposed to be a rematch of a heavyweight title fight that took place in June 2015.

"As far as preparation, I've done everything," Velasquez said. "I've sparred, wrestled. I'm not missing workouts at all. I've done my conditioning -- everything. I feel great going into this."

According to sources, the NSAC still canceled the bout for fighter safety due to Velasquez's comments regarding the injury.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
fucking sucks. he's one of the best in that division and his absence makes any championship less grand.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I put in a 10-pick parlay to win $1700 for the next event, we'll see how it goes. Picks: Rousey, Cruz, Dillasnake, Magny, Kim, Pyle, Smolka, Oliveira, Vettori, Thatch.

Don't forget it's on Friday and not Saturday.

Jive Turkey

Karen
I think Ronda is going to get her clock cleaned then hang 'em up to make babies. Dusting cans for her entire career filled her with false confidence. The lost to Holm ruined her

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I agree with Jive, with one exception.

She will go to the wwe after her mma career is slammed shut. What better place for her to regain false confidence than to go "earn" a scripted title?

• 1Like

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Nunes will rush in with aggressive striking, get clinched and taken to the ground an submitted.

• 1Like