MMA Thread

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Ben Askren is a beast, and I'd love to have seen him compete in the UFC in his prime. He's old but if he's in fighting shape, he could shake up the division and his style doesn't rely on supreme athleticism. Don't think he'll be relevant. I'm afraid we'll still have to think what could have been.

Releasing Mighty Mouse is a clear way to nuke the division. No regrets, DJ doesn't have to bitch about being forced to move back up to 135.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
he will only receive half of his $2m purse so that he can pay expenses and cornermen. The other $1m is being transferred UFC to NASC for safekeeping.

Both fighters were initally suspended for 10 days by the NASC following the unsavoury scenes after McGregor’s defeat to Khabib at UFC 229.

Major league cringe.

Baseless, unfounded, and arbitrary, and even downright scary.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm not really clear on why conor is suspended unless its for shit that happened before the match.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not really clear on why conor is suspended unless its for shit that happened before the match.
He pretty clearly threw a punch at someone before anyone touched him.

I would show you the video, but I am too inebriated to find it at the moment,

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
He pretty clearly threw a punch at someone before anyone touched him.

I would show you the video, but I am too inebriated to find it at the moment,

I heard khabib was claiming that, but you couldn't see shit on the grainy video. So this person was supposed to be in the ring? Cause if it was the one khabib was talking about I think we all know that guy climbed in the ring to attack conor. It's not like he punched michael buffer.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>

Holy shit this video sucks, but it clearly shows him punching first.

Yes, dude had jumped into the cage, but Conor still swung at him first.

Apologies, I am not even a little bit sober

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
I heard khabib was claiming that, but you couldn't see shit on the grainy video. So this person was supposed to be in the ring? Cause if it was the one khabib was talking about I think we all know that guy climbed in the ring to attack conor. It's not like he punched michael buffer.

So a breakdown of what happened. Khabib submitted Conor. When Khabib stood up he started yelling at Dillon Danis, Conor’s BJJ coach, for remarks he said during the fight. Khabib then goes nuts and starts scaling the cage. That’s when Conor jumps up and starts going towards them, he then attempts to jump out of the cage. At this point Conor gets held back from exiting the cage, but he’s fully sitting on top of the fence. At the same time one of Khabib’s men is attempting to exit the cage near Conor. The Conor throws multiple punches while on top of the cage at Kahbib’s cornerman, and then comes back down. Then Khabib’s red shirt friend scales the cage and enters. While red shirt guy is entering, Conor ducks behind security again to sucker punch another dude in a black shirt, might be the same guy. As this is happening the guy in the red shirt attempts to sucker punch Conor. Pretty much the end of action there. Cmon man open your eyes. Stop sucking Conor’s dick.

As for the fights last night, Lobov is a fucking hardheaded fucker. Can’t fight well, but doesn’t get rocked easily. Herman got robbed. All other fights were pretty boring. Fell asleep during the main fight. Woke up during announcement of RNC win for Smith though. Worst fight card in at least 6 months, maybe the year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Thanks monkey. I never saw him punch the cornerman. I don't think anything he did after that was out of bounds because he clearly had people coming at him. You can punch first and still be defending yourself. Those last 2 fuckers were someplace they didn't belong.

H.A. Monkey

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thanks monkey. I never saw him punch the cornerman. I don't think anything he did after that was out of bounds because he clearly had people coming at him. You can punch first and still be defending yourself. Those last 2 fuckers were someplace they didn't belong.

And Conor should never climbed the cage to go after Khabib either. Conor at not point was defending himself. The black shirt guy was supposed to be in the cage as one of Khabib’s cornermen. The red shirt guy isnt a cornerman, he is a fighter. Conor was some place he didn’t fucking belong too. Don’t try and protect your butt buddy Conor for being a complete douche.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
And Conor should never climbed the cage to go after Khabib either. Conor at not point was defending himself. The black shirt guy was supposed to be in the cage as one of Khabib’s cornermen. The red shirt guy isnt a cornerman, he is a fighter. Conor was some place he didn’t fucking belong too. Don’t try and protect your butt buddy Conor for being a complete douche.

Oh Conor didn't belong in the cage now? And he shouldn't have retreated behind a security guard to let him try and handle it, and only attacked when the security guard wasn't able to stop the trespasser? OK bro. You're right I'm the one being unreasonable.

If climbing the cage is a problem then he should have been banned a long time ago because he does it after pretty much every victory. So do most fighters. If the ufc doesn't like it they need to get rid of that pad and add razorwire.

I just found out Conor is a cowboy fan so I'm honorbound to defend him now no matter what.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Holy shit this video sucks, but it clearly shows him punching first.

Yes, dude had jumped into the cage, but Conor still swung at him first.

Apologies, I am not even a little bit sober

it DOESNT MATTER if conner swung first or not

it's a sanctioned event where only TWO people are allowed to throw down in the ring, in effect it is THEIR house, anyone else that comes in that is NOT an official (corner men are NOT officials), and come w/ bad intentions get whats coming to them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
no, you're wrong, treat the ring as an apartment, the ONLY people allowed in the ring without question are the

2 fighters
ref
officials/staff/cuttmen (cuttmen unlike boxing are provided by the event, not the fighter)

anyone else is either a "guest" of the fighter, OR a bad hombre.