MMA Thread

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I like how realistic TKZ was in that interview. No reason to delude yourself after a fight like that.

But yeah, Holloway vs Volk 3 should be amazing.

mewkus

Blackwing Lair Raider
good to see khamzat hit the elite level wall full force with burns. it was definate reality check and an invaluable lesson should he take it. meh yan. volkanovski is the shit, he should fight cejudo for the GOAT BMMF (baddest midget mother fucker) belt.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
holy shit, his mind fuck games actually worked against tiny brain yan
bd9e07bd76b6069d6f499d71839a70d7.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
POTN: Oleinik, Volkanovski
FOTN: Chimaev vs. Burns

white will pay burns show and win money also

Fan Bonus of the Night Winners:
1) Khamzat Chimaev ($30,000 in Bitcoin)
2) Alexander Volkanovski ($20,000 in Bitcoin)
3) Petr Yan ($10,000 in Bitcoin)

lulz

you can clearly tell this was botted by russians since it was "fan vote"

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lulz
bd00c95c1969de70521820b26ba4fac2.png

sal always judges incorrectly

lulz look at the other guy
didn't judge for 6months, and when he did judge, it was for the pfl

and before the 3 pft events he judged in 2021, he didn't judge for 5years! basically they brought him out of retirement
77b22728f066253acaff8a7cc1507f85.png

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sterling won that first round. Yan only landed 2 significant strikes in the round, whereas Sterling didnt land any, but he did land 13 strikes and a couple of them were decent shots. And the fact that Yan let Sterling have his back for basically 10 minutes straight really put a hamper on the optics of the fight for Yan at that point, even with him winning the last two rounds you probably forgot about anything he did before being controlled on the ground for almost half of the fight.

The most impressive thing for me concerning Yan was his rear strangle defense. He was able to stifle all of Sterlings attempts, not even giving up his neck once during the entire time he had his back. He was able to control Sterlings wrists and intelligently defended the entire time. Sterling could have took Yans back for all 5 rounds and he wouldnt have been able to strangle him.

Sterlings corner man Ray Longo is a fucking autistic psychopath. "LETS GO ALJO, YOU'RE DOING GREAT ALJO, HOW DO YOU FEEL? OK ALJO, YOU GOT THIS ALJO." Jesus christ shut the fuck up guy, he sounded like a brain damage victim.

Chimaev at least came back down to Earth post fight and admitted Burns is a tough guy and a great fighter and gave him respect and respect "to all Brazilians, you know". His proclamation of smesh both Leon Edwards and Usman in the same night looks even more ridiculous now as he probably wouldnt even get out of the third round with Usman. ZERO head movement, and has no clue how to take his foot off the gas in order to conserve stamina and set his opponent up. He is just throwing with savage abandon the entire fight, which isnt going to work against guys at this level. Usman would smesh him and Edwards in the same night more like.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
“First of all, in no way shape or form do I ever condone violence and my guys fighting each other in the streets or sh*t like that,” White said,. “On the flip side, when you’re dealing with a guy like Jorge Masvidal and you start talking about his family, all these fighters listen, say what you want to say about me, you hate me, you think I’m ugly, you think I’m stupid – whatever my thing is. When you start talking about people’s families, it goes to a whole other level, man.”

“If you’re talking about people’s families and you’re walking out of a restaurant, you better be ready for a guy like Jorge Masvidal to run up on you,” White said. “I mean, is anybody shocked? He talked sh*t about his kids and his wife. Do you think he’s not going to do that? Of course he’s going to do that.”

“… You’ve got to understand these guys were actually friends and training partners, so they know intimate details about each other, about each other’s lives, about each other’s families. There is something that’s called f*cking man code. A lot of these young, goofy f*cking dudes these days don’t know about it – but they need to learn about it.”

but also
e1bef686c26d8f5d800c6d0c83c19150.png

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sterlings corner man Ray Longo is a fucking autistic psychopath. "LETS GO ALJO, YOU'RE DOING GREAT ALJO, HOW DO YOU FEEL? OK ALJO, YOU GOT THIS ALJO." Jesus christ shut the fuck up guy, he sounded like a brain damage victim.

ray longo is an unused extra in a rocky movie and i love it

Goatface

guess sterling/dillashaw might be next up, i have no idea who i dislike least. was looking at future odd but couldn't find anything, but did see this
1649896564479.png

if it's 5rounds khamzat vs colby, khamzat is dead, he only has gas for 2rounds
Khamzat Chimaev -125
Colby Covington +105

Goatface

looks like dustin makes $500k per fight, no win bonus. against Oliveira got estimated $500k from ppv points. he reportedly made $1.5m base and estimated $3.5m in ppv points from conor fight. Conors estimated was $23m lol.
i certainly would take the money fight, he can't have that many fight left in him (or the ufc)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
looks like dustin makes $500k per fight, no win bonus. against Oliveira got estimated $500k from ppv points. he reportedly made $1.5m base and estimated $3.5m in ppv points from conor fight. Conors estimated was $23m lol.
i certainly would take the money fight, he can't have that many fight left in him (or the ufc)
looks like he fought 3 out of 8fight contract so far, it was made for connor fight

Goatface

UFC on ESPN 34 aka about 20 fighters i don't know......

prelims will stream on ESPN+ starting at 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT.
The main card will then air live on ESPN and ESPN+ at 8:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. PT.

UFC on ESPN 34 Weigh-in Results:
Vicente Luque (171) vs. Belal Muhammad (170.5)
Caio Borralho (186) vs. Gadzhi Omargadzhiev (186)
Miguel Baeza (171) vs. Andre Fialho (171)
Mayra Bueno Silva (136) vs. Yanan Wu (136)
T.J. Laramie (145.5) vs. Pat Sabatini (146)
Mounir Lazzez (171) vs. Ange Loosa (171)
Devin Clark (223) vs. William Knight (251)
Pannie Kianzad (136) vs. Lina Lansberg (135.5)
Brandon Jenkins (155.5) vs. Drakkar Klose (156.75)* (156)
Rafa Garcia (155) vs. Jesse Ronson (155.5)
Chris Barnett (263.5) vs. Martin Buday (264.5)
Jordan Leavitt (155.5) vs. Trey Ogden (156)
Sam Hughes (115.5) vs. Istela Nunes (114)
Heili Alateng (135.5) vs. Kevin Croom (136)
* Klose missed weight by .75 pounds and has an hour to make weight.
=
also worth bringing up again
Chris Barnett....became the shortest heavyweight in UFC history at 5’9’’ (175 cm), beating the previous record-holder Mark Hunt, who was 5’10’’ (178 cm).

=

One year later, UFC's Drakkar Klose is still hurting from that Jeremy Stephens shove: 'It is something serious'
“I’m still not 100 percent from that. It’s something I will probably need surgery eventually,” Klose told Just Scrap Radio on BJPenn.com. “I told myself if I have to get surgery, I’m just going to call it quits. Just trying to manage it and do the therapy and all that. I did think that was going to be the end of me. I was having really bad headaches, dealing with my neck issue. It is something serious.

“When I saw my doctor, he talked about fusing my neck, and I didn’t want to hear that. I want to go out on my terms. I don’t want to go out with the doctor telling me I can’t do this. It was a herniated disc, C6, C7. As soon as it happened, my whole arm went numb, and later that night, things weren’t right, and I woke up, couldn’t open my eyes, a real bad headache.”

=

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user