Monster Hunter: World

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The only mod I would use for MHW is the Nier Automata 2B one. Everything else lessens the game experience, imo.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With all the hype for this game lately I'm curious to try it out.

So World is a "better" game than Rise? Or just different opinions?

Kinda sad I slept on the winter sale.

Chapell

Trakanon Raider
With all the hype for this game lately I'm curious to try it out.

So World is a "better" game than Rise? Or just different opinions?

Kinda sad I slept on the winter sale.

It's a bad MH, tuned for weebo who enjoy Naruto and Sasuke love story. Also you can gangbang any mobs with 5 dogs and 5 players online. Everything is easier than any MH, flasher and gayer than before to the point you need to play alone naked to find some challenge.
I would suggest you try this crap with an emulator first and don't give crapcom money to ruin this franchise more. MHworld already did damage the brand to please Francis and Samantha so they can enjoy simple things but the game was alright.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
World is the better game, and more accessible as well. I'll probably jump back into this soon on my little Rog Ally and will go LS or Hammer - Hammer the only thing I didn't love was having to face tank everything to bonk em' - I'm really unskilled and it's just annoying vs dual blades which is piss easy (perhaps not effectively, but always get good dmg).

Aazrael

World is the better game, and more accessible as well. I'll probably jump back into this soon on my little Rog Ally and will go LS or Hammer - Hammer the only thing I didn't love was having to face tank everything to bonk em' - I'm really unskilled and it's just annoying vs dual blades which is piss easy (perhaps not effectively, but always get good dmg).
Is it fine getting without the Ice expansion at first? Or do you miss out on stuff then?

I want a good game to grind on the Steam Deck and this seems like a good option.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It's a bad MH, tuned for weebo who enjoy Naruto and Sasuke love story. Also you can gangbang any mobs with 5 dogs and 5 players online. Everything is easier than any MH, flasher and gayer than before to the point you need to play alone naked to find some challenge.
I would suggest you try this crap with an emulator first and don't give crapcom money to ruin this franchise more. MHworld already did damage the brand to please Francis and Samantha so they can enjoy simple things but the game was alright.
So all the quality of life stuff added to world is damage? What’s your favorite Monster hunter?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Is it fine getting without the Ice expansion at first? Or do you miss out on stuff then?

I want a good game to grind on the Steam Deck and this seems like a good option.
You could get xpac later, but I will say some of my favorite fights and moments from MHW exist in Iceborne. Not sure on price difference but it it's like $10 I'd just get the full package.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Great game without the expansion. Absolutely amazing game with the expansion.

My favorite game of all time. 9/10.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

You are worse than a Metallica fan talking about how Load was a sellout album.

Aazrael

You could get xpac later, but I will say some of my favorite fights and moments from MHW exist in Iceborne. Not sure on price difference but it it's like $10 I'd just get the full package.
I think Steam only sell them separate. 29 for the base game and 39 for expansion. Unless I misunderstood the dlc requirements.

I almost bought at winter sale but chickened out last second.

The master edition with both is a lot cheaper on g2a etc, Steam keys. Are those safe to buy?

Screenshot_20240111-090226.png

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I think Steam only sell them separate. 29 for the base game and 39 for expansion. Unless I misunderstood the dlc requirements.

I almost bought at winter sale but chickened out last second.

The master edition with both is a lot cheaper on g2a etc, Steam keys. Are those safe to buy?

View attachment 508674
You want this one although I think i read somewhere there was an issue buying the combined version in some regions?

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yea thats the one. Its half price on G2A but I have never used those sites before. Should be legit to buy Steam keys there? At least the Google searches says its fine.
Yeah should be fine. Bought a few keys from them in the past.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I got "Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition Deluxe PC" for $27 from CDKeys.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

I got "Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition Deluxe PC" for $27 from CDKeys.
I fucked up and got just the DLC first. Thought I had selected the master edition. But in the end the Game + Deluxe DLC landed at $28. Could have saved $8 by getting the bundle but it was still half the Steam price.

Will be playing it mainly on the Steam Deck, hope I get hooked to the gameplay!

• 1Like

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mhw is great atm on steam, lots of players to join the fight with. I started a new character and hope mhw will tie me till dragon's dogma 2. So far it's been a great 1.5 weeks!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

So I guess its kinda bad sport using the Guardian Armor and Defender weapon when you start a new game? Only done the first tutorial hunt but people say its kinda endgame gear for starting Iceborn.

Not getting upgrades during the playthrough sounds boring so I should probably switch to the normal started armor?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So I guess its kinda bad sport using the Guardian Armor and Defender weapon when you start a new game? Only done the first tutorial hunt but people say its kinda endgame gear for starting Iceborn.

Not getting upgrades during the playthrough sounds boring so I should probably switch to the normal started armor?
Kinda up to you, the guardian stuff will trivializes most of the vanilla game up until you get to late High Rank hunts(which you don't really have to do if you have Iceborne either). It's good for ppl who want to catch up and get to Iceborne asap. Iceborne will have you fight the exact same monsters in MR anyway, so you're not missing out on that much if you just blaze through the vanilla story to get there but if you want to do a somewhat full progression run where you stop at HR, grind some stuff, then move on to Iceborne, yeah don't use it. Usually I'm against this kind of stuff for a new player since you skip valid content but since Iceborne/Master Rank reintroduces all the HR fights it's not a big deal. I guess fighting the LR then HR versions properly will help you notice the changes in MR but that's about it.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Settled on the Longsword for now. Seems easy enough to understand while having some more layers for combos etc.

How do you guys usally handle armor upgrades? Right now I have a mix of the first 3 Armor sets you get mats for. I guess you would need to redo the Hunts to farm more mats to get a full set. But at the start I don't think thats needed?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Settled on the Longsword for now. Seems easy enough to understand while having some more layers for combos etc.

How do you guys usally handle armor upgrades? Right now I have a mix of the first 3 Armor sets you get mats for. I guess you would need to redo the Hunts to farm more mats to get a full set. But at the start I don't think thats needed?
End game builds never use full sets, so you doing it right. Slot the skills you want and and use the wishlist for what you working towards. Once you hit high rank everything you have is pointless.

• 1Like