Monsters and Memories (Project_N) - Old School Indie MMO

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Yeah I asked Ali about it the day of the announcement, here's what he said at the time.

View attachment 491582
That's nice and all, but the even the Personal License still has a $0.20 per install fee. What they save on the license itself is probably going to get eaten up by fees if this game does anywhere close to what it needs to be commercially viable. I'm not sure Ali is doing all the math.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
No one is really talking about the inferred spyware thats going to ship with every Unity game to track "downloads" since its using data collected by Unity rather than self reported data. I mean they're gunna walk it back, but its just a bad idea.

• 1Like

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
That's nice and all, but the even the Personal License still has a $0.20 per install fee. What they save on the license itself is probably going to get eaten up by fees if this game does anywhere close to what it needs to be commercially viable. I'm not sure Ali is doing all the math.
It's not a free to play game, so the 20 cent fee really should ideally only apply once per customer.

...ideally, anyways...

• 1Like

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's not a free to play game, so the 20 cent fee really should ideally only apply once per customer.

...ideally, anyways...

Once per install. That includes multiple devices and, crucially, free-trial installs.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
  • 10Worf
  • 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 17 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
To maintain proper classic MMO feel, development on this item must stop here.
I remember when I was first starting EQ and I was like lvl 25 or something going from Freeport.

Dude on the boat with me was like lvl 40 something and he did the old trick of hailing the dockworker in OOT and attacked him. Leading to near instant death. His corpse was actually on the boat though so I messaged him and said that your body is sleeping with the fishes somewhere by the zoneline bro. He lost his shit about it lol. He had at least some Guk items at this point.

Good times.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rael

Bros still jumping leaps beyond our well funded and “real” devs over at the pan Theon

Pantheon have always wildly oversold how big/difficult their project was. Project Gorgon is another similar oldschool MMO that was made by like one guy and is full of features.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I have to say I've been impressed with their progress and decision making. They somewhat remind me of the Valheim team that possibly works a little faster... Anyway.... they really seem to have a good grasp on their goals, direction, and have deviated much from it like many of the AAA MMO's tend to do once they get into the project. I'll probably support them just because they appear to know what kind of game they want to make and they're committed to it. Good for them.... its stuff like this that brought us EQ. EQ may have been a lightening strike but I have never thought a game like is for everyone, especially today, but it has its place and I think there is a fair market that would enjoy this game if they can get the right word of mouth and support rolling in their favor.

• 1Like

Rael

The art style feels a lot more like EQ than Pantheon's did/does

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Groove

Trakanon Raider
New Website: Updated detailed Class descriptions, World info, updated FAQ and Team member roles. Looking classy and professional through and through. A real step up.

• 11Like
Reactions: 10 users

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Just about everything I see about this looks great, but I refuse to let myself get excited for it. I'm just going to assume there will be some catastrophe and it will never even see the light of day.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users