Motherland Rises: Putin's Grip

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
The worst part about this picture is the trike he's riding. While pretty and shiny, it's the manly equivalence of peeing sitting down.

Having said that, I've pee'd sitting down many time, and would love to have that trike.
They probably made him ride a trike for safety reasons.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
when republicans post observers near poll stations you call it voter suppression, that sounds about right.
plenty of proof has been presented of Republican voter suppression. if you got proof of Russia suppressing votes on a mass scale, I'd sure like to see it.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
you might get beat up if you show up with ukraine flag to vote no but then again they only had 2 options, which all led to separation of sort.

oh well.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Sure. Send him a picture of Putin on his tricycle while you're at it.

From the live feed:

22.30 Reuters is reporting that a Kremlin-backed journalist has issued a stark warning to the United States about Moscow's nuclear capabilities as the White House threatened sanctions over Crimea's referendum on union with Russia.

"Russia is the only country in the world that is realistically capable of turning the United States into radioactive ash," television presenter Dmitry Kiselyov said on his weekly current affairs show. Behind him was a backdrop of a mushroom cloud following a nuclear blast.

Kiselyov was named by President Vladimir Putin in December as the head of a new state news agencywhose task will be to portray Russia in the best possible light.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Sure. Send him a picture of Putin on his tricycle while you're at it.

From the live feed:

22.30 Reuters is reporting that a Kremlin-backed journalist has issued a stark warning to the United States about Moscow's nuclear capabilities as the White House threatened sanctions over Crimea's referendum on union with Russia.

"Russia is the only country in the world that is realistically capable of turning the United States into radioactive ash," television presenter Dmitry Kiselyov said on his weekly current affairs show. Behind him was a backdrop of a mushroom cloud following a nuclear blast.

Kiselyov was named by President Vladimir Putin in December as the head of a new state news agencywhose task will be to portray Russia in the best possible light.
Oh boy.

You know what, someone once told me that the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing. Walk hand in hand into extinction. One last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

When you put it that way, I can think of many worse ways to go than to die in a nuclear inferno.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
20140117_putin2.png

Dumar_sl

shitlord
No bank would mess with the SEC?

Oh shit.. lolooolololol. I.. really? lol

I love how the SEC is supposed to act on foreign banks..? What the fuck. How about the trillions of dollars of corruption HERE?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How the fuck would foreign banks listen to the SEC in the first place? Not to mention the fact that I consider the SEC hopelessly inept at best and completely bought and sold at worst.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully the EU and US keep piling sanctions on until Russia comes crawling like the little bitch it is.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I like how Araysar went from sucking Obama cock to completely disowning the west in general. Hope he makes it back to his motherland.. stat!

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
How the fuck would foreign banks listen to the SEC in the first place? Not to mention the fact that I consider the SEC hopelessly inept at best and completely bought and sold at worst.
Yeah, the SEC thing had me lolling hard
He's not talking about Russian banks listening to the SEC, he's talking about Western banks lending money to the Russians, and basically it's the German and French banks that are on the hook in Russia.

Now for all the issues with financial services and the SEC, these banks won't simply ignore it. They might try to get round whatever restrictions are imposed, but that's a much riskier business these days than it was just 5 or 6 years ago. Western governments are paying much closer attention to what their banks are up to than they did in the past, for obvious reasons.

Sanctions are incoming from the EU:

EU sanctions 'long-list' of ~130 included Gazprom/Rosneft CEOs. Actual travel ban/asset freezes will be 20 to 40 people.

Bruno Waterfield (BrunoBrussels) on Twitter

The "short list" names will be focused on those with an interest in Crimea. The full list will be discussed later in the week once they've seen the Russian reaction.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
He's not talking about Russian banks listening to the SEC, he's talking about Western banks lending money to the Russians, and basically it's the German and French banks that are on the hook in Russia.

Now for all the issues with financial services and the SEC, these banks won't simply ignore it. They might try to get round whatever restrictions are imposed, but that's a much riskier business these days than it was just 5 or 6 years ago. Western governments are paying much closer attention to what their banks are up to than they did in the past, for obvious reasons.

Sanctions are incoming from the EU:

EU sanctions 'long-list' of ~130 included Gazprom/Rosneft CEOs. Actual travel ban/asset freezes will be 20 to 40 people.

Bruno Waterfield (BrunoBrussels) on Twitter

The "short list" names will be focused on those with an interest in Crimea. The full list will be discussed later in the week once they've seen the Russian reaction.
Yes I know. I am laughing at SEC pretending like they have any leverage or control over American banks, let alone EU banks since SEC jurisdiction doesn't next end across the pond