Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The state of 2024 magic

fae.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The first "Kindred" card has been spoiled, which is the new name for "Tribal" because you know, waycism or something.

• 1Tiresome
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The first "Kindred" card has been spoiled, which is the new name for "Tribal" because you know, waycism or something.
It’s less faggy than typal, I guess. The amount of people that unironically used that fucking term was stupid, but then again we’re in clown world.

OneofOne

It’s less faggy than typal, I guess. The amount of people that unironically used that fucking term was stupid, but then again we’re in clown world.
I'm petty and unsubbed from someone's channel for using that word.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Gurgeh

Quick question, has Magic gone woke or can I relatively safely play with my kid, who showed interest out of nowhere?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Quick question, has Magic gone woke or can I relatively safely play with my kid, who showed interest out of nowhere?

Yes.
1714385257256.jpeg

But I also wouldn’t get into it now for other reasons, too. Jacked up prices, stupid collab shit with universes beyond (i.e. other franchises officially as part of the game like Transformers, Dr. Who, Fallout, etc.), too much fucking product too fast, and rapid power creep on cards.

• 3Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Cards are full woke. Players are mostly autistic or trannies or both. Keep your kid away.

Pokemon cards are probably the safer substitute.

Yugioh is the other big card game and is all autistic weebs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Legends of Runeterra is the best card game I've played but it's online only and not profitable, so uncertain future.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'd stay pretty far away from Lorcana too. The Disney fandom part of it is suuuuuuuuuper fucking weird - their events are filled with literal children and a bunch of weird 30 year old soyjacks that are probably pedos.

Magic is still fun, the issue is there's not really a format for kids to play. Unless he's old enough to get really in to it and play competitive formats like modern or pioneer there isn't gonna be anything for him to play unless its just giga casual stuff with you at home.

If you let him play commander he'll be asking about pink pills by the end of the year.

• 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Oh shit, it gets worse haha They are doing 4 different SL drops for this chick, I guess based upon the 4 seasons. Enjoy your weebs, MAPs!
Like, if this were a venn diagram, Hatsune fans are whatever…MtG fans are whatever…but that overlapping portion…that shit is probably a horror show.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users