MTG thread

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It gives us a little window in to what an abandonment of the reserved list would look like. If they're charging 999.95 for four packs of proxies than cards that were legal for play would be a some multiple of that.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Someone made a simulator for open one of these $1000 boxes. This has to be the biggest waste of money ever. Is anyone outside of speculators buying this?

Here's another one, this was my 4 packs... lol

wow.png

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
This is almost tempting…that fabled passage I really like…except for the stupid fucking doofy flying saucer on it. That gorgeous godless shrine from Unfinity also got ruined by a stupid fucking ship on it.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
postlands.PNG

You too can have these Post-scribbled lands for the mere price of $30!

No, it's not April 1st.

Too bad - I actually like a few of them, but they are totally fucked up with that stupid Post shit. Though to be fair, even without the scribbles I don't buy $6 lands. The Jew is strong in me.

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

So as not to be a complete Debbie Downer, I'll mention I did pick up a few of these on TCGPlayer because I collect elves and I think it's ridiculously beautiful.

glissa.PNG

OneofOne

Remember when you could keep set icons straight and knew what was what?

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I used to go out of my way to find spoilers and discuss what new sets could have, now I don't give a shit about any of it.

I'd like to see 3 standard sets per year, usually all on the same plane to allow new mechanics room to breathe and get some depth to them. Then the 4th set be a remastered old set for reprints and get cards onto Arena (eternal format only). Have commander cards in the reprint set and not too many of them, there's no reason to have loads of commander specific cards. You can still have commander precons from cards in the new set.

Pick an eternal format to support (probably pinoneer but start reprinting modern cards for it with the hologram sticker) and focus on that, standard and commander only.

If you figure out a cool new border, art style or alternate art have it on the fucking regular cards. Bin all the secret lair shit unless it can go in an actual set.

For a reprint set, something like Mirrodin remastered would be boosters of the original 3 Mirrodin sets (so large card pool) with fixed versions of banned cards and powerful cards like Lightning Bolt swapped out if you don't want it in the format. If you can't have such a large set, just reprint the best cards people liked.

Really though, it's too late. There'll be a magicgate scandal at some point and it'll become a dead game for ethnic alphabets to virtue signal with.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm considering dumping a playset (4 of each) of Revised dual lands if anyone knows anyone with real interest. It's an extremely nice set of cards with a large number of them being NM, and all but maybe 2 of the remainder being SP. I think I have one Bayou that could be considered MP.

I'm not in any hurry and just as happy to sit on them for another 10 years as sell them, but I've been thinking about getting rid of them for a couple years now, but I've just have been too lazy to actually try.

OneofOne

Speaking of making proxies... Here's the $150 secret lair with some er interesting choices.

Shivan Dragon
Mishra's Factory
Necropotence
Lim-Dul's Vault
Tradewind Rider
Smokestack
Squee, Goblin Nabob
Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
Wild Mongrel
Genesis
Chrome Mox
Glimpse of Nature
Lightning Helix
Bogardan Hellkite
Ponder
Heritage Druid
Bloodbraid Elf
Sun Titan
Birthing Pod
Deathrite Shaman
Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Siege Rhino
Dragonlord Ojutai
Thalia, Heretic Cathar
Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
Arclight Phoenix
Emry, Lurker of the Loch
Shark Typhoon
Elite Spellbinder
Nashi, Moon Sage's Scion

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Speaking of making proxies... Here's the $150 secret lair with some er interesting choices.

Shivan Dragon
Mishra's Factory
Necropotence
Lim-Dul's Vault
Tradewind Rider
Smokestack
Squee, Goblin Nabob
Lin Sivvi, Defiant Hero
Wild Mongrel
Genesis
Chrome Mox
Glimpse of Nature
Lightning Helix
Bogardan Hellkite
Ponder
Heritage Druid
Bloodbraid Elf
Sun Titan
Birthing Pod
Deathrite Shaman
Elspeth, Sun's Champion
Siege Rhino
Dragonlord Ojutai
Thalia, Heretic Cathar
Nicol Bolas, God-Pharaoh
Arclight Phoenix
Emry, Lurker of the Loch
Shark Typhoon
Elite Spellbinder
Nashi, Moon Sage's Scion

I have a foiled out yuriko edh deck and I saw lim dul's vault which is one of the cards that you can't get foil currently so I was looking for the foil'd cost and came across this

any card you open has a 30% chance (get it?) of being foil

lawl you can't even order it foil, have to randomly hope you get it (or buy singles)