MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Black Aragorn fits the "we wuz kangs" meme so well I half expect someone chose it on purpose.

Would have been funnier if they made Sam black, tho.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Standard Ban Update scraped a week early from the site.

Banned things that would have previously rotated next standard set (Before they announced the new 3-year rotation): Fable of the Mirror-breaker, Invoke Despair, Raffine Scheming Seer, Reckoner Bankbuster, The Wandering Emperor, Wedding Announcement

Banned things that wouldn't have rotated: Atraxa Grand Unifier, Plaza of Heroes.

I am pretty okay with it. Shit that has long overstayed its welcome (and previously would have been going away soon anyway), plus a couple cards that are either cancerous or would probably be top-dog without the other shit anyway.

We're basically moving to Yugioh "soft rotation," so expect the top tier decks to get nuked each summer. Or they'll release a standard event deck version of the good deck to harvest some profit, then ban it next summer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hit #474 mythic in draft, effectively forcing U/W or U/R decks.

That banlist is dumb without Sheoldred, probably.

It's gonna be like mono red, soldiers, and fight rigging decks I bet if those are real.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Standard Ban Update scraped a week early from the site.

Banned things that would have previously rotated next standard set (Before they announced the new 3-year rotation): Fable of the Mirror-breaker, Invoke Despair, Raffine Scheming Seer, Reckoner Bankbuster, The Wandering Emperor, Wedding Announcement

Banned things that wouldn't have rotated: Atraxa Grand Unifier, Plaza of Heroes.

I am pretty okay with it. Shit that has long overstayed its welcome (and previously would have been going away soon anyway), plus a couple cards that are either cancerous or would probably be top-dog without the other shit anyway.

We're basically moving to Yugioh "soft rotation," so expect the top tier decks to get nuked each summer. Or they'll release a standard event deck version of the good deck to harvest some profit, then ban it next summer.
1684881838751.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Love how in the preview video for the LotT shit where they show the serialized One Ring, it’s already pringled to hell.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Shit like that makes me hope FaB and other games take a nice bite out of WOTC's pie. Pringles have been an issue for quite some time, and they don't give two fucks because they are the top dog. Same thing with the mass amount of printing errors.

Speaking of quality control, or lack thereof, it wouldn't be a new release without a fuckup already found - The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-earth™ Battle of the Pelennor Fields Statement

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
This company gets no more of my money. No thanks to black Aragorn.

They also just raised prices on their Dungeons and Dragons books.

• 1Like

OneofOne

LotR gets new boxes for Xmas, including a different Collector Booster box, and 2nd "volume" of Jumpstart cards. Magic: The Gathering: The Lord of the Rings: Tales of Middle-earth

New CBB with no serialized cards, but half the cards will be in a new foil type.

A second Jumpstart BB with 10 new themes.

4 "scene card" boxes where each has 6 different foil cards to form a scene, with 6 arts cards of the same, and 3 set booster packs. For $37. Might as well call it "Secret Lair: LotR Amazon Edition"

• 1Tiresome

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>

Letter 190 is Tolkien saying don't change any of his shit for any reason, and basically goes off on the guy asking. So no, there's no way he'd approve of what WOTC is doing. Not that WOTC cares one way or the other.
His son was a bit protective of his dad's work but not that much. Once he died, basically all of Tolkien's IP is now managed almost exclusively by lawyers, which should be enough to tell you what will happen.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
His son was a bit protective of his dad's work but not that much. Once he died, basically all of Tolkien's IP is now managed almost exclusively by lawyers, which should be enough to tell you what will happen.
Also Tolkien's grandson is in charge, he is a failed author who only got published once he dropped his pen name and used "Tolkien". He is really salty about that and doesn't ming sabotaging his grandfather's work for cash.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Not MTG, but just a WTF video. I do use the site, but only for purchasing APs from artists.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
XQC just discovered the one ring mtg was a thing today and has been going around buying all the collector's boxes at $500 a pop he can get his hands on trying to open it. He is live on kick right now opening packs. Wizards really knows how to get the gambling addicts.