MTG thread

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
XQC just discovered the one ring mtg was a thing today and has been going around buying all the collector's boxes at $500 a pop he can get his hands on trying to open it. He is live on kick right now opening packs. Wizards really knows how to get the gambling addicts.

I've also seen Youtubers like PokeRev, who does only Pokemon, open cases of this looking to get lucky.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
IMG_20230627_175701.jpg

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wonder who pulled it. I would sell that thing in a second. The outrageously stupid amount of money people want to pay for that is amazing. I wonder if it got hand delivered for grading.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Love that it got a 9. Not that it matters, it would be worth the same if it got a 5. AFAIK $2.15m is the highest price yet offered, so let's see if it can go higher! But I do agree, sell that shit soon.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit haha CBBs were selling for $485 this morning, and are now down to $360. Gonna be some unhappy people out there!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
MTG was always gambling when opening packs; they just got lucky that Garfield made a great base game.

I actually like the idea of this shit and hope they do a Warhammer 40k set with one of each Primarch super foil, one God Emperor, and the huge chase card being the old school corpse emperor on the Golden Throne.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
MTG was always gambling when opening packs; they just got lucky that Garfield made a great base game.

I actually like the idea of this shit and hope they do a Warhammer 40k set with one of each Primarch super foil, one God Emperor, and the huge chase card being the old school corpse emperor on the Golden Throne.
There's already a WH40K set, but they're just precon commander decks.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit haha CBBs were selling for $485 this morning, and are now down to $360. Gonna be some unhappy people out there!

The funny thing is, there are still a lot of cards to gamble on and pull, all the other serialized rings, the 1/700s and the 1 in 3/7/9 as well.

Someone did the math, given the print run size of collectors boxes, even assuming the one ring sold for 2 million, the EV that it was adding to a collectors box was around 8 bucks. they may have been a little inflated, but not $120, if you had bought at teh bottom, you probably did pretty well.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Some of the portrait art itself is fine. The background treatment is terrible, unless they’re doing some weird textured shenanigans that look good after printing. The jeweled lotus treatment looked pretty good.

The Selvala just looks painful with that forest green on “missing asset pink”.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think they look okay if their intent is that the commanders stand out from the rest of the cards on the table.

But I don't give a shit because I'll never play cardboard magic again.

• 1Solidarity