MTG thread

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks like the Cats and Dog SL Commander deck sold out (in the US) in 6 hours. Wonder how much was fomo and how much was low print run.

Decklist - Secret Lair Commander Deck: Raining Cats and Dogs

All 22 basic lands will be of the new art variety, which I'm rather shocked at. These guy are usually cheap ass mofos with that. Also has two bonus cards - Nine Lives and Yoshimaru, Ever Faithful, both foil. They really need to stop ruining cards by making them foil.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Remember when they 'streamlined' booster packs what, a month ago? Which meant the only packs of standard that exist doubled in price? Well guess what we're already making another new booster!

We get the assassin's creed set direct to modern in just a few short weeks

edot4rrlbeic1.jpeg

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Art cards are just useless pieces of paper with art on one side. Scene cards are full art MTG cards that when put together form a larger picture.

Art cards are supremely retarded and need to be removed. I'd rather have a fucking extra common card.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Art cards are just useless pieces of paper with art on one side. Scene cards are full art MTG cards that when put together form a larger picture.

Art cards are supremely retarded and need to be removed. I'd rather have a fucking extra common card.
I'd even take even a token over art/scene shit.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How many actual magic cards is that pack then? 5? 6? Why do they keep adding not magic cards to packs of magic cards.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The set is only ~100 cards and contains no commons, so of course these packs cost extra because they contain no commons!

It's the same exact thing as that weird march of the machines aftermath set, just renamed because that thing shit the bed so badly.

Chris

Potato del Grande
It would have been better if they kept the old 3 act block structure and booster structure.

It's funny seeing them wheel out Mark Rosewater each time to justify ever more greedy changes as some sort of well thought out game design masterstroke.

I really admired the guy around about 2005 when I was studying game design and he posted regular well thought out and detailed articles on game design. Now he's just a corporate shill.

All they had to do was figure out how to do starter sets and reprint sets. Imo once a year, combine the two and standard legal. We don't need so many cards each year.

The focus should have been on affordability and mass appeal of the core game. Instead they hollowed out thw core audience and are now cashing in on other fandoms.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I've long been nursing a theory that almost all of the faggotry we see in current era MTG is because of Rosewater.

He's long been the champion of his shitty un-sets, despite them being massive commercial failures every time. The last one was so bad we likely won't ever get another one, even with them making half the cards 'real' and shitting them in to legacy.

He can't make his retarded joke sets anymore so instead we get standard sets full of shitty meme cards like 'slime against humanity' and 'take a bite out of crime' etc.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
For anyone thats playing Arena, this week's clue code to use in the store is:

golgari

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user